LuisBOSS302

http://www.mylgphones.com/sprint-could-launch-lg-g3-vigor-ls885-this-month.html

Sprint could launch LG G3 Vigor LS885 this month

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The specs of that phone read like it's a G3 that's been "Samsungized"...ram sucks, camera sucks, internal storage sucks, etc. I'm not sure I'd go batsh*t crazy trying to get this G3 like I did my gold G3 on the 11th when they released the phone back in July.

The specs of that phone read like it's a G3 that's been "Samsungized"...ram sucks, camera sucks, internal storage sucks, etc. I'm not sure I'd go batsh*t crazy trying to get this G3 like I did my gold G3 on the 11th when they released the phone back in July.

Yeah should be called G2.5

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, it'll be on the cheap side for people that can't/won't want to drop coin like techy geeks (embrace it, you are in good company) like us. So instead of getting some cheap pos Sprint branded device, they'll get something nicer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I exchanged my G3 in case it was a compass issue with just my phone, and the replacement does the same thing. The ATT and Verizon versions I played with didn't have the same problem (hence why I tried the exchange). Maybe it's related to the newer version of software our version has or something.

The compass always points the wrong direction, even while moving. The GPS locks on to your location just fine, but it's always pointing the wrong way.

My Gnex does the same, but I figured it was because I abandoned the new Google Maps and am using MapsD (NimaGL2 dEdition).

God, if only Tapatalk would update their app, it is super jumpy/stuttery when scrolling on my G3. Is this a problem with other Android phones as well or is it just on the G3?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

I have not noticed this issue on mine. Interesting.

Regarding your charging port issue floorguy, I've noticed that the usb cable needs to be tilted slightly down to go in smoothly.

Ok....that sounded naughty but was unintentional.

Or was it?

• Like 1

God, if only Tapatalk would update their app, it is super jumpy/stuttery when scrolling on my G3. Is this a problem with other Android phones as well or is it just on the G3?

Certainly the same behavior is present on an iPad. This is the only app that exhibits this behavior on my G3.

Regarding your charging port issue floorguy, I've noticed that the usb cable needs to be tilted slightly down to go in smoothly.

Ok....that sounded naughty but was unintentional.

Or was it?

I concur - with my M7 I would just slap a charging cable in without a second thought. With the G3 (both my first and my exchanged unit) I have to put a tiny bit of thought into plugging it in. On the upside, it seems like it's a slightly tighter port than the M7.

Despite my best efforts, some of that sounded...wrong. I don't think there's a way to discuss charging ports without it sounding a little unusual.

• Like 2

Really? Weird. Whenever I'm scrolling in Tapatalk and especially if I "flick" it, the scrolling stutters a lot. Very annoying.

Tapatalk's always been a bit flaky IMO [emoji12]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tapatalk's always been a bit flaky IMO [emoji12]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It doesn't do any of this in iOS, so maybe that's why I'm so sensitive to the stutter. I think I'll email Tapatalk support and see what they say.

I haven't noticed any stuttering on my G3, or M7, or N5 for that matter. I installed Tapatalk on my iPad, but haven't gone back to it because it was flaky, and did stutter. Stick to my phone now.

Sent from my LG G3

I haven't noticed any stuttering on my G3, or M7, or N5 for that matter. I installed Tapatalk on my iPad, but haven't gone back to it because it was flaky, and did stutter. Stick to my phone now.

Sent from my LG G3

I notice it most when I flick the screen for a quick scroll. It is terrible in Tapatalk. Strange that you're not seeing this on your G3.

It's probably the scrolling cache and the way the kernel scales on touch. Some kennels display noticeable difference in scrolling.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I cleared the cache and that didn't seem to change anything, FYI.

I cleared the cache and that didn't seem to change anything, FYI.

Scrolling Cache isn't something that wiping cache erases. You have to manually disable it within the framework via decompiling and recompiling.

I've disabled scrolling cache in previous devices and it's ridiculous how much of an effect it had. Is root out for the Sprint G3 yet?

Sent from my LG-LS980