Google Hangouts w/Voice (Was Google Voice)

COZisBack

I thought they just went through all this redesign to make Hangouts the new one roof app for communications.  Now I am confused by their strategy. 

• Like 2

Tried the new Google Messenger...could not get it to work when I have wifi on;

worked fine otherwise; my Note4 is on wifi 95% of the time around here unless i'm on the

road..I do a lot of wifi calling with the Note4...best ever!.. NEVER heard voice clearer and

cleaner before now with  the Note 4 & wifi calling

I gave up on Google Voice sprint integration. I recognize that I wasn't getting HD Voice and it was also causing some calls to not go through! A little too buggy and making me have a perceived by experience of Sprint! Only using it for voicemail now

I gave up on Google Voice sprint integration. I recognize that I wasn't getting HD Voice and it was also causing some calls to not go through! A little too buggy and making me have a perceived by experience of Sprint! Only using it for voicemail now

Did you disable the Sprint / Google Voice integration in your Google account? I had that same issue until I disabled it.

Finally someone else who confirms that Google voice integration has issues with calls going through. Did you used to hear your own voice echo when calls didn't connect?

Finally someone else who confirms that Google voice integration has issues with calls going through. Did you used to hear your own voice echo when calls didn't connect?

Same reason I let it go. Had to disable the integration to get it to work.

Did you disable the Sprint / Google Voice integration in your Google account? I had that same issue until I disabled it.

I disbabled from the Google voice settings menu online.

That didn't happen for me. Just I would be told by my friends I called you like 3 times or more throughout the day and I barely receive calls but when I do its usually important so had to let it go. Convient but it didn't work well enough at this point.

Tried the new Google Messenger...could not get it to work when I have wifi on;

worked fine otherwise; my Note4 is on wifi 95% of the time around here unless i'm on the

road..I do a lot of wifi calling with the Note4...best ever!.. NEVER heard voice clearer and

cleaner before now with the Note 4 & wifi calling

Can't be more clear than HD voice can it?

Does anyone use full Google voice integration and NOT have problems with calls going through? Meaning 10 out of 10 times calls work and you don't have to redial ever..

I've never had a problem with outgoing calls while fully integrated.

Thanks.. I typically have 1 out of every 5 calls fail, with the symptom being I hear myself echo in my ear and my callers phone rings but when they pick up they hear nothing. Just have to redial until it goes through.

I'm hoping volte fixes this when it finally arrives. If lte was better I'd do all my calling with the hangouts dialer.

Does anyone use full Google voice integration and NOT have problems with calls going through? Meaning 10 out of 10 times calls work and you don't have to redial ever..

Couldn't tell you the last time a called failed without another explanation like really bad signal... I have a generally great experience...although the latest attempts by google to improve hangouts by rolling google voice through it have caused SMS and MMS headaches.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10 out 10 calls work, incoming and outgoing. I don't remember ever having a call fail from my end, only while the other person is driving out in rural Kansas or something. I don't use hangouts though, I use Textra, and MMS works just fine. I still haven't merged the two, I prefer the stand alone Google Voice.

Sent from my Nexus 5