Google Hangouts w/Voice (Was Google Voice)

COZisBack

This is only a problem if you are fully integrated, correct? I'm not integrated but still have my GV texts and VM coming to Hangouts, plus have my Sprint phone using GV voicemail and I don't have any issues that I can tell.

Guys - Important message from Google:

Not sure when that went up, but they must know about the issue. This merger has been a disaster. How could they let this happen to Sprint integrated customers?

so your Sprint number is NOT your Google Voice number, correct? if that is the case, that is why you are not experiencing the problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Once again I'm not having these issues and my Sprint number is my GV number. I just sent a text to my co-worker and he received it once. 

I wasn't having issues either until I made an update to Hangouts. seems like Google tried to fix some other issues with Hangouts, and broke something else. like you, I was using Hangouts for a few days without issues.. started falling in love with the setup.. then all crazineess started happening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I thought I wasn't having the multiple sms sent issue either.  But it must be intermittent.  I sent someone three texts yesterday as part of a "conversation"; all within a few minutes.  First two were fine.  Third one he received 48 times.

The latest hangouts update seems to have borked it for me, though the timing could also just be a coincidence. Also, when I saw the 60+ texts was when I tried the option to send from Google Voice, rather than smart reply. Fortunately I had just sent it to myself...

I an bailing out this Sprint Google Voice and Hangouts intergration. Many people have reported that they are receiving any where from 5-10 duplicated messages.

Here is what I speculate.... There is a serious bug when you send a GV/hangouts SMS.... every session of Google thatv you have logged in.. Sends out a text message. Any browser and smartphone.. recognizes you send and SMS.... and sends SMS out.. Hangouts can't determine that the SMS has been sent already.

That is just my educated guess.. because every Hangouts session I have logged it... that is how many SMS messages the other party gets.

I will switch back to my old setup again...

Latest Hangouts and GV. Sprint integrated. Two phones, one iPad, dozens of browsers. No duplicates.

Update from me. I sent a text message from the default messaging on my phone and it sent about 15 messages to two different people.

You have to disable receiving text messages in hangouts (in the hangouts setting) and also use another app.  

Why would you use the default app to send from if you have the Hangouts app?

Cause Hangout wouldn't let me send to multiple people. When I send from hangout it works fine.

I'm fully integrated with google voice and hangouts merged and just replied to some one and they got it 16 times. He is a Sprint user but without google voice. When I test it on my friends AT&T phone he only got it once. I didn't realize the issue was effecting me since most of my friends all use hangouts chat instead of SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with multiple sms's being sent while being integrated into hangouts?  I deactivated the hangouts potion of google voice because of the issue.  I haven't noticed a hangouts update, but wanted to see if anyone still using it has the issue still.

Has anyone had any issues with multiple sms's being sent while being integrated into hangouts? I deactivated the hangouts potion of google voice because of the issue. I haven't noticed a hangouts update, but wanted to see if anyone still using it has the issue still.

I had the same problem so I went back to using a different messenger app and voice not integrated with hangouts. Would show one message from me but friends would get up to 15 copies.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with multiple sms's being sent while being integrated into hangouts?  I deactivated the hangouts potion of google voice because of the issue.  I haven't noticed a hangouts update, but wanted to see if anyone still using it has the issue still.

I haven't had it happen to me in over a week now. Or at least the people I text haven't complained about receiving 30 replies.

I haven't had it happen to me in over a week now. Or at least the people I text haven't complained about receiving 30 replies.

Guess I'll give it another go.  Maybe google fixed something on the back end.