Google Hangouts w/Voice (Was Google Voice)

COZisBack

I just had a telephone interview with Google, and the audio quality of their Google Voice call to my Sprint phone was abysmal. :(

I just deintegrated.  I was having bad voice issues.  And for some reason, HD Voice wasnt working when talking to my father.  A shame, really like texting from my tablet integrated with hangouts

It was working well with texting, as I set textra as default on phone, and disabled sms on phone hangouts (texts sent go over data but come to hangouts)  MMS sent to my phone appeared in textra

Anyone get integration with hangouts replacing GV app to work well?

Merging gv with hangouts works great, especially now that MMS is natively supported with all mobile providers, but I don't use Sprint integration and I never will. GV number is the only one I use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else encountered this. When someone send me messages over Google hangouts sometimes, not as SMS or MMS but as straight data, for some reason sometimes the messages will take up to like 20 mins before they pop through. Now if I open the app and check, they will come in right then. It doesn't do it all the time, only sometimes. Anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone else encountered this. When someone send me messages over Google hangouts sometimes, not as SMS or MMS but as straight data, for some reason sometimes the messages will take up to like 20 mins before they pop through. Now if I open the app and check, they will come in right then. It doesn't do it all the time, only sometimes. Anyone else experienced this?

Topic Merged

Happens all the time. Not sure if the information I have is correct but it something to be with TCP closing prematurely and waiting on the next heartbeat interval. I did a google search a while ago and found that information. Not sure if it happens on all carriers or just Android. But that same thing also happens with all my push notifications not just Hangout.

Hmmm, interesting, so far it's looking more like a sprint issue. Never had it happen on my Verizon phone and no issue when I'm connected to WiFi.

I only have it when not on Wi-Fi. I can also believe it is Sprint only. That tcp issue I mention was found on a Sprint site I think. It is very frustrating when talking to people about it. Not really sure who or how to complain to Sprint about it

Yea, I've also noticed the issue seems to be more prevalent when the tower I'm connected to appears to be congested.

Not sure about that. At work I'm on a B41 tower that I'm pulling 20+mb down and still have the issue. 

Hmmm, was hoping we might could get one of the network experts to comment on this, I made a separate thread about it initially because I thought it more a neutering l network question that didn't belong in this thread but it got merged anyway.

I haven't had any issues with hangouts message notifications or actual messages coming through. I don't know when it happened, but being able to finally select send via SMS, google voice, and hangouts solved my only remaining gripe.

I still get duplicate messages showing when I send via SMS, but being able to toggle to google voice now I don't really care anymore. I do wish that MMS messages would come through via Google voice so I could access them on other devices, but I'm not sure if that's a Sprint limitation or Google's.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have only had 1 crash with hangouts on IOS.

Also for any of you who tried hangouts on IOS but haven't used it lately, there was a recent  update that fixed the contacts in the messages, so you can see the persons name and phone number.

I use hangouts + GV integration seamlessly across 3 devices (n5, n7, and iphone 6+).

• 1 month later...

Google/Sprint finally fixed the text issue when opting to receive texts in hangouts and using integration! Today I switched to my AT&T SIM for some testing and turned on the receive texts in hangouts option. Upon switching back to Sprint I forgot to disable the option. A few hours later I got a text message from a friend and it came through in hangouts using Google voice! I didn't get the text through my regular SMS application. After I disabled the option texts came through the normal application as usual.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any advice for fixing this issue: when trying to play a voicemail in the gv app the screen goes black and never plays the message... Tried reinstalling app, clearing app data, and clearing system cache.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My advice would be to move on to GV hangouts integration and use the hangouts app to listen to VM's (it works fine for VM's). GV app never got decent support to begin with, and has become less and less usable as the OS matures around it.

My advice would be to move on to GV hangouts integration and use the hangouts app to listen to VM's (it works fine for VM's). GV app never got decent support to begin with, and has become less and less usable as the OS matures around it.

I'm hoping for a brand new app when Google launches their mvno.

I'm hoping for a brand new app when Google launches their mvno.

The hangouts app has a lot of potential, but its inconsistent design and sometimes odd way of handling things need to be addressed sooner than later.

At the very least they update it on a regular basis.

The hangouts app has a lot of potential, but its inconsistent design and sometimes odd way of handling things need to be addressed sooner than later.

At the very least they update it on a regular basis.

I meant a new Google voice app!