Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Been looking at "tempered glass" type screen protectors. Anybody have experience with these? Is there any difference from tempered glass and regular cheap screen protectors?

Mime ghost glass. Hands down best screen protector I've ever owned. There is a huge difference between tempered glass and the plastic film type. A good tempered glass protector (like the ghost glass) will be hardly noticeable as it feels just like the original glass. It is also more resistant to scratches than a plastic film. Clarity is also great and it won't fade/decay as fast.
  • Like 2

Been looking at "tempered glass" type screen protectors. Anybody have experience with these? Is there any difference from tempered glass and regular cheap screen protectors?

I wanted an anker one, sadly I couldn't find one for the n5 anywhere online. So I got the nillkin. I have had no issues with it, its held up great and the coating is still going strong after a month or so of use. There is an accessories thread where more were discussed (and I'm sure the mods would prefer it to go there lol).
  • Like 2

Mime ghost glass. Hands down best screen protector I've ever owned. There is a huge difference between tempered glass and the plastic film type. A good tempered glass protector (like the ghost glass) will be hardly noticeable as it feels just like the original glass. It is also more resistant to scratches than a plastic film. Clarity is also great and it won't fade/decay as fast.

I had a rather horrible experience with them. I've had to get 3 replacements and all three broke. So my phone is going commando now. Maybe it's just my luck, they were nice when they were still intact.

-Luis

• Like 1

I bought a cheap nilkin tempered glass screen protector off amazon and its the best investment I've made for my phone. It was under $20 if I recall correctly.
  • Like 1

I bought a cheap nilkin tempered glass screen protector off amazon and its the best investment I've made for my phone. It was under $20 if I recall correctly.

Mine was $8.15, I can pm the seller to anyone who wants it. Really though guys if this keeps being discussed we should go to the appropriate thread, or were going to get our knuckles rapped:P.
  • Like 2

Really though guys if this keeps being discussed we should go to the appropriate thread, or were going to get our knuckles rapped:P.

No, we are going to rap your screen and hope it cracks.

AJ

• Like 1

I just noticed the white sticker on the back of the phone has mostly faded away, like the ink rubbed off or something. What was on it, and at this point is there any harm in peeling it off?

I just noticed the white sticker on the back of the phone has mostly faded away, like the ink rubbed off or something. What was on it, and at this point is there any harm in peeling it off?

Just the serial number. No real use to it. The LG Optimus G had one as well that was just as useless.

Has anyone ever had an issue where people just cannot hear you for the first 5 seconds of a call? Any ideas what could cause that? It's been happening since I got the phone in January, and on various towers in the Chicagoland area. It's getting annoying. I'm wondering if it's a setting, or if my phone has an issue.

Has anyone ever had an issue where people just cannot hear you for the first 5 seconds of a call? Any ideas what could cause that? It's been happening since I got the phone in January, and on various towers in the Chicagoland area. It's getting annoying. I'm wondering if it's a setting, or if my phone has an issue.

Only on Bluetooth

Only on Bluetooth

What afazel said. If I get a call in my car, I usually wait until the timer on my dash hits ~1.5 seconds before I say "hello". Anytime before that and they can't hear me. Otherwise, I can speak immediately if I'm not using Bluetooth.

What afazel said. If I get a call in my car, I usually wait until the timer on my dash hits ~1.5 seconds before I say "hello". Anytime before that and they can't hear me. Otherwise, I can speak immediately if I'm not using Bluetooth.

Same here.  

The same issue creeps up if you play something on YouTube through Bluetooth.  The sound will be a second or so behind the video.

I don't seem to have most of the problems that other people are having with 4.4.4. Everything is running as smoothly as before. The one thing I do notice is that my phone now loves to start scanning for LTE more often it seems. Ever since 4.4.4, I have noticed my phone with no data for a few seconds every now and then, but then it correctly goes back to 3G or LTE. I see this especially inside my apartment where I have a fringe LTE signal. Other than that behavior, my phone has been doing well.

• Like 2

I don't seem to have most of the problems that other people are having with 4.4.4. Everything is running as smoothly as before. The one thing I do notice is that my phone now loves to start scanning for LTE more often it seems. Ever since 4.4.4, I have noticed my phone with no data for a few seconds every now and then, but then it correctly goes back to 3G or LTE. I see this especially inside my apartment where I have a fringe LTE signal. Other than that behavior, my phone has been doing well.

My house has fringe LTE and I notice the same no data issue occasionally. Not really a big deal because I have Wifi for home data.

My house has fringe LTE and I notice the same no data issue occasionally. Not really a big deal because I have Wifi for home data.

I see it all the time, especially when I have a good data connection. It's annoying to have the data dropouts.

I haven't had any issues here. I assume you tried a profile/PRL update?

EDIT: Also try typing *#*#72786#*#* in the dialer. It will reset the network settings and re-provision the phone

I tried this and it totally screwed up my phone. I can't call or receive calls or texts. I have no data. Signal check pro says mobile data is unregistered. When I try to make a call I get error 16 switch 384 message. When I go into status my phone number and MIN are wrong. Changed them to correct value and I have voice, but no data connection. Did another 72786 and the number and MIN are again screwed up. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't had any issues here. I assume you tried a profile/PRL update?

EDIT: Also try typing *#*#72786#*#* in the dialer. It will reset the network settings and re-provision the phone

I tried this and it totally screwed up my phone. I can't call or receive calls or texts. I have no data. Signal check pro says mobile data is unregistered. When I try to make a call I get error 16 switch 384 message. When I go into status my phone number and MIN are wrong. Changed them to correct value and I have voice, but no data connection. Did another 72786 and the number and MIN are again screwed up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Download the factory image for 4.4.4 and flash it to your phone. It'll wipe it, but its probably the quickest and easiest way to handle it without troubleshooting every little thing.

• Like 1

After I did the 72786 my status in about phone shows my phone number is 000-000-9576 and my MIN is 0000009576. I spent about an hour in a Sprint store this morning. He tried a 72786 on a LG G2 and it broke it also. He thought it was a network issue. Does that sound reasonable? I also spent an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support this evening. She was going to check on network issues and call back. She never called back. I don't want to reset the phone if it won't fix the problem.

Edited by rlderemer

After I did the 72786 my status in about phone shows my phone number is 000-000-9576 and my MIN is 0000009576. I spent about an hour in a Sprint store this morning. He tried a 72786 on a LG G2 and it broke it also. He thought it was a network issue. Does that sound reasonable? I also spent an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support this evening. She was going to check on network issues and call back. She never called back. I don't want to reset the phone if it won't fix the problem.

Hard reset. If the reprogram doesn't fix it you need to start over.

If you were in my store it's what I would do.

Did you try a profile update in the settings menu like i posted above?