Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

That's interesting.  I wonder what they "updated," exactly?  But I really do believe that it will be this week.  What was the latest rumored date?  The 24th or 25th or something like that?  I can't recall...but it does seem to have some weight behind it so I hope HOPE HOPE that this is it.  Fingers crossed!

There was an update to the page last time shortly after the failed release mid-April. I think they just changed some source code or something which in turn, changed the "updated" date at the top.

• Like 1

There was an update to the page last time shortly after the failed release mid-April. I think they just changed some source code or something which in turn, changed the "updated" date at the top.

Looks like they tweaked the page a bit and as a result have some invalid data on there.

The most current software is KOT49H, not KRT49H.

• Like 1

Looks like they tweaked the page a bit and as a result have some invalid data on there.

The most current software is KOT49H, not KRT49H.

Dohhh!!!!!!

Sent from Nexus 5

• Like 1

If that's a legitimate leak is there a usual time frame between internal testing and when they start pushing it out?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is no telling your sure, but this week could very well be possible. Typically updates come on Tuesdays from Google, not sure if that also applies for hardware firmware updates as well..

There is no telling your sure, but this week could very well be possible. Typically updates come on Tuesdays from Google, not sure if that also applies for hardware firmware updates as well..

MS is on Tuesday. Google app updates come throughout the week, but Wednesdays are the most common days. Sometimes you'll see a half dozen updates on a Wednesday.

MS is on Tuesday. Google app updates come throughout the week, but Wednesdays are the most common days. Sometimes you'll see a half dozen updates on a Wednesday.

Yeah I think your right MS is Tuesday, but I do remember at one point Google being a bit more consistent with the day of updates, seems now to be more random..

Why on recently launched lte towers does this phone not receive calls. Or when i make one it takes about 2 min to fall to 1x to make a call. So fusturating

your on .15 modem?

Or when i make one it takes about 2 min to fall to 1x to make a call.   So fusturating

Are you exaggerating about the 2 minute time frame?  I see in upwards of 30 seconds or a bit more sometimes when i try to make a call while on LTE and the phone needs to switch to 1x.  Some members here will justify it and say this is perfectly fine though due to the nature of the new network which i think is absolutely silly and should have been addressed early on in the planning phase of things.  I havent used another triband device except the Nexus 5 so maybe it is unique to it but i dont know.

• Like 1

Are you exaggerating about the 2 minute time frame?  I see in upwards of 30 seconds or a bit more sometimes when i try to make a call while on LTE and the phone needs to switch to 1x.  Some members here will justify it and say this is perfectly fine though due to the nature of the new network which i think is absolutely silly and should have been addressed early on in the planning phase of things.  I havent used another triband device except the Nexus 5 so maybe it is unique to it but i dont know.

It takes 30 seconds? That's a long time. From what I've seen my N5 usually connects to the call in 5 seconds or less. Sometimes as long as 10, but that's not very often.

• Like 2

Why on recently launched lte towers does this phone not receive calls.   Or when i make one it takes about 2 min to fall to 1x to make a call.   So fusturating

Sometimes CSFB is not fully implemented on newly LTE upgraded sites. Running the stock .23 radio will ignore these sites until CSFB is in place.

• Like 1

It takes 30 seconds? That's a long time. From what I've seen my N5 usually connects to the call in 5 seconds or less. Sometimes as long as 10, but that's not very often.

I have typically seen similar results to yours, but lately I've been experiencing more completely missed calls--caller hears a few rings and gets my voicemail; I have full service in an area with no known CSFB issues, but it never rings on my end. It only happens when my N5 is connected to LTE (99.9% of the time it is band 25).

My wife has claimed several times that she calls me 2-3 times in a row before I answer.. and my phone will be sitting silently on my desk during this time, untouched. It's getting annoying (especially because now if I don't answer, she assumes the call didn't go through so she keeps trying until I pick up), but I am on the .15 radio so I chalk it up to that... for now.

-Mike

• Like 1

I have typically seen similar results to yours, but lately I've been experiencing more completely missed calls--caller hears a few rings and gets my voicemail; I have full service in an area with no known CSFB issues, but it never rings on my end. It only happens when my N5 is connected to LTE (99.9% of the time it is band 25).

My wife has claimed several times that she calls me 2-3 times in a row before I answer.. and my phone will be sitting silently on my desk during this time, untouched. It's getting annoying (especially because now if I don't answer, she assumes the call didn't go through so she keeps trying until I pick up), but I am on the .15 radio so I chalk it up to that... for now.

-Mike

Thanks to Google voice, I've never missed a call since it rings my desktop, my desk phone and my home phone in addition to my N5. 

My desktop typically rings 3-8 seconds before my N5 rings, but I don't think I've ever seen it not ring at all. I always wait to see the caller ID on my phone before answering with my desk phone. (Complicated, I know haha).

• Like 1

the weird thing is, if it takes awhile, any calls after it will be fairly quick to switch to 1x on the phone and connect.  Almost as if the last switch is cached until you move out of the area.

Thanks to Google voice, I've never missed a call since it rings my desktop, my desk phone and my home phone in addition to my N5.

I use GV for voicemail only; I initially tried the full integration and immediately began missing a ridiculous amount of calls. It also added a long delay before my phone would start ringing. I know GV has enjoyed some improvements lately so if I continue to have trouble, maybe I will try it again, but I still think it might be part of the problem anyway. I only use it because I like visual voicemail.

We don't use our home phone.. it's only here because our FiOS bill is cheaper with phone service!

-Mike

I use GV for voicemail only; I initially tried the full integration and immediately began missing a ridiculous amount of calls. It also added a long delay before my phone would start ringing. I know GV has enjoyed some improvements lately so if I continue to have trouble, maybe I will try it again, but I still think it might be part of the problem anyway. I only use it because I like visual voicemail.

We don't use our home phone.. it's only here because our FiOS bill is cheaper with phone service!

-Mike

I've never really experienced the issues that people complain about with GV, so I guess I've been lucky.

I don't use my home phone either. It's only there because the bundle is cheaper. The only calls it gets are the ones forwarded from GV, since I live in a low signal area that occasionally drops calls, I answer with the home phone since it ensures I don't drop the call.

• Like 1

I continue to have problems with calls on this thing. Stock .23 radio, but the dang tower doesn't know that it has CSFB problems, so it still connects via lte... And then no more phone calls. I always have to force 3g only when at or near home. So frustrating. ???? Drive an hour to the nearest corporate store... And of course works absolutely flawlessly. *Sigh*

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I continue to have problems with calls on this thing. Stock .23 radio, but the dang tower doesn't know that it has CSFB problems, so it still connects via lte... And then no more phone calls. I always have to force 3g only when at or near home. So frustrating. ???? Drive an hour to the nearest corporate store... And of course works absolutely flawlessly. *Sigh*

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I've never seen a tower issue like that. How long have you been having problems?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Useless blogspam. Wild speculation with no proof.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The release on the 23rd was a mysterious source rumor, and the retraction is a rumor. There's still no concrete evidence about the update. All we have are the hopes and dreams of s4gru members. Well that, and the countless "click bait" articles that show up every few hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1