Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I've easily gotten my MSL for my prior 3 or 4 phones. However, with my Nexus 5, I was interrogated on chat about why I wanted it. I was first told "no", but I persuaded them to hand it over.

Let's keep on topic. This is about the Nexus 5. Off topic comments hidden.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

So whatever issues my phone was having with battery as of two days ago seem to have magically disappeared. Battery is back to normal. Thanks to all who gave me suggestions, maybe something you guys told me to do worked and I just didn't notice!

-Luis

• Like 1

Is there a pattern, like a certain day of the week google likes to do their updates on? 

Google usually updates their apps on Wednesdays, but as to system updates - no real pattern.

Google usually updates their apps on Wednesdays, but as to system updates - no real pattern.

No updates on Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed for next week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Beginning of the week for system updates so that they can monitor the rollout.

I haven't read that early but the build date was in march right? That is weird

That's not out of the ordinary. Releases go through lots of testing before being approved. Also, there could still be a build bump before we see the release. The changelog is not necessarily complete.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have to say, the N5 holds up like a champ. I've had two serious drops and it doesn't have even the slightest amount of damage on it. Still looks mint.

• Like 2

I have to say, the N5 holds up like a champ. I've had two serious drops and it doesn't have even the slightest amount of damage on it. Still looks mint.

I dont know about my luck. unlocked my phone to see this.  No drops or anything 

IMG_20140504_165844.jpg

I dont know about my luck. unlocked my phone to see this. No drops or anything

IMG_20140504_165844.jpg

I would be getting on the phone with Google right about now. I would imagine they should give you another phone.

I would be getting on the phone with Google right about now. I would imagine they should give you another phone.

google made me send it to lg.   Should be getting it back Tuesday.  I hope i get the same phone dont want another refurb.  How did this even happen i was outside came in, grabbed my phone of the table unlocked it and was like WTH!!!!!!!  Thankfully i didn't sell my s4.  Lg needs repair shops other than Texas

Battery is getting drained quickly again for me. 6 minutes of screen on time and down to 60%. Have barely touched my phone today.ysu5e3um.jpg

Did you install the new Google play services? I hear it has a nasty wakelock on it. I hate that Google doesn't test these things.

Did you install the new Google play services? I hear it has a nasty wakelock on it. I hate that Google doesn't test these things.

Testing? What is testing? :P

• Like 1

I haven't installed or updated anything on my own. Going home from work with 34% battery left and 10 minutes screen on time. I even enabled battery saver mode on battery guru earlier when I posted and it didn't seem to do anything.

Battery is getting drained quickly again for me. 6 minutes of screen on time and down to 60%. Have barely touched my phone today.

Maybe that is your handset's way of saying it is not getting touched enough.  Are you a cold, distant owner?

AJ

• Like 3

I updated to the latest Google Play Services, Newest Camera and Newest Hangouts. It seems to have solved my battery drain. This picture is from when I last unplugged it at work yesterday. I hardly used it today as I enjoyed the great weather today. Total screen on time is about 3 hours. I'm on stock, unrooted. As you can see it was on my Wifi most of the time. 

post-5539-0-81852600-1399771081_thumb.jpg