Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I do. I still have it I just have two phones now. I got this one to see what all the fuss was about the radio being so much better than the G2 and I'm curious to see T-Mobile coverage around here too. How to I get the $30 100 min, 5gb plan on T-Mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can order a SIM card from T-Mobile on line. They are sometimes free or may cost $1. They come with $2 of credit on them. You use the credit on the card to call T-Mobile can complete the activation and pay your prepaid service. The SIM comes with activation instructions. Basically you go to www.T-Mobile.com/PrepaidActivation. You have to enter an activation code, SIM SN, phone SN/IMEI, etc.  After this you will get the option to pick your plan.  It is only at this time that you will finally see the $30 plan listed.  It is tricky to find so you"ll have to scroll around to find it. You can also call an agent at 1 877 778 2107.  T-Mobile doesn't advertise the $30 plan so you have to be aware of it to get it.

Good luck!

Can I get a new number too?

You can order a SIM card from T-Mobile on line. They are sometimes free or may cost $1. They come with $2 of credit on them. The SIM comes with activation instructions. Basicaly you go to www.T-Mobile.com/PrepaidActivation. You have to enter an activation code, SIM SN, phone SN/IMEI, etc. After this you will get the option to pick your plan. It is only at this time that you will finally see the $30 plan listed. It is tricky to find so you"ll have to scroll around to find it. You can also call an agent at 1 877 778 2107.

Good luck!

So I just saw this at my house. Look at that signal strength!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77c3yzgs6xf7hyu/Screenshot_2014-05-06-14-16-14.png

• Like 1

Typically, I find this to be the case when connected to WiFi, it doesn't refresh the LTE signal as quickly..

Yeah I found it weird as I have an airave

Is that a separate app that's showing your transfer speeds.

Yep it is.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.internet.speed.meter.lite

• Like 1

Has anyone been having battery drain issues as of late? In the past two days, the phone keeps draining when it's idle. I've noticed the biggest culprit is Android OS. Yesterday I had only SOT of 42 minutes, but the battery was at 52% when I left work at 3. Today it's gone from 100% to 80% with SOT of only 16 minutes.

I've tried uninstalling any strange applications, but the problem seems to be happening.

Any thoughts?

-Luis

The new hangouts KILLS my battery. I don't know if that's your problem but I would check.

The new hangouts KILLS my battery. I don't know if that's your problem but I would check.

I've been seeing the same thing with Hangouts.

There's another minor Hangouts update out which may address this.

there was a hangouts update today.  you talking before or after that?

There's another minor Hangouts update out which may address this.

Last several days. Had not seen the update yet today. Will see if that changes things.

There is also an xposed module to make that show in the status bar on the right.

Have you noticed any negative battery affects of this module?  I've been thinking about installing it...

Have you noticed any negative battery affects of this module? I've been thinking about installing it...

Gravity box has a speed meter option also. I used it all the time before I reverted back to stock in update anticipation. Now I'm wary to start tweaking again in case the update does get randomly pushed out soon lol. It was great, and I didn't notice any battery drain. There are options for download, up and download. It also could be set to show up all the time or only when there is traffic.

Gravity box has a speed meter option also. I used it all the time before I reverted back to stock in update anticipation. Now I'm wary to start tweaking again in case the update does get randomly pushed out soon lol. It was great, and I didn't notice any battery drain. There are options for download, up and download. It also could be set to show up all the time or only when there is traffic.

Thanks for the note. I have gravity box installed already. I'll give it a go.

Last several days. Had not seen the update yet today. Will see if that changes things.

Im waiting on my replacement n5.  But my s4 got hangouts update yesterday its 2.1.1.00.  My s4 (single band lte) doesn't have the constant data drops that n5 has and its 4.4.2 also.  Maybe my nexus was more messed up than just screen. 

So I just got back on this thread and have put my phone into Safe Mode to see if it's anything from a third party app.

The battery today is even worse than yesterday, one little phone call and 12 minutes of SOT, and the battery is down to 65%. It's not even noon yet. This is killing me slowly. Thankfully I have a cable at work to charge the phone through the computer. But still, w/e the issue is, it's bothering the hell out of me.

I'll post an update if I notice anything.

-Luis

P.S. Coincidentally Hangouts got updated as soon as this happened. Three days in a row. 

Anyone using the delta page notification chrome extension for the factory images page. It has alerted me like 4-5 times, but I haven't seen any changes. The extension seems to indicate the only changes are within the header...

Anyone using the delta page notification chrome extension for the factory images page. It has alerted me like 4-5 times, but I haven't seen any changes. The extension seems to indicate the only changes are within the header...

I actually ended up removing that extension.  It went off A LOT and I never could actually see any notifiable changes that occurred. 

Ditto. Same for the Sprint update page. There must be something like small sitewide CSS-ish edits on each that is triggering it. I suppose I'll catch wind of it on a forum or Twitter before I'll be at me desk anyway.. just really would like to see the Spark update soon! Been on .15 for a couple of weeks and haven't seen any B41 yet. I'm thinking positive and assuming its my phone, not a lack of upgrades around here.. ;)

-Mike

• Like 1