Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Does it happen after installing an app? Mine does that, too. Just move an app to the blank screen, then delete it. I think it's a bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That worked thx. I did add an app but several hours ago. And I didn't really pay attention to see if I had the screen then or not. I'll try it out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anybody know why it keeps adding a blank screen? I can't figure out why it does this. The only way I know how to get rid of it is to restart the phone.

I've had that happen to me a few times as well. I never figured out what caused it, but I didn't really care too much.

• Like 2

Does anybody know why it keeps adding a blank screen? I can't figure out why it does this. The only way I know how to get rid of it is to restart the phone.

Do you have "Add Icon to Home screen" enabled in the play store settings for new app installs?

• Like 1

Nope, adding an app did not do it.

Its a mystery.

I had this happen for a while too. But it stopped right around the time Google added the Google Now Launcher to the Play Store.  Maybe uninstalling and re-installing updates to the launcher would fix it? 

• Like 2

I had this happen for a while too. But it stopped right around the time Google added the Google Now Launcher to the Play Store. Maybe uninstalling and re-installing updates to the launcher would fix it?

I'll give that a try. Its not that big a deal, just a little annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try. Its not that big a deal, just a little annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But it has the silky plus sign instead of the dot. I think I read somewhere that Google actually puts it there sometime to show that you can have another page. Mine does it too though.

So i got randomly black vertical lines on screen like lcd is broken but i did not break it or drop it.  Sitting on a desk unlocked it and lines but it does look like lcd is going.

So i got randomly black vertical lines on screen like lcd is broken but i did not break it or drop it.  Sitting on a desk unlocked it and lines but it does look like lcd is going.

try a reboot?

try a reboot?

I get that quite often, but it typically only lasts for a second or so before it goes back normal.  It will be either vertical lines with "noise" in between them or horizontal with the noise as well as the clock about 4 or 5 times.

In the instances I do get LTE I have noticed that my n5 switches to 3G around -101 RSRP. Is that a normal threshold for such a switch? I would think it a bit early as there is always usable LTE so long as I force LTE.

In the instances I do get LTE I have noticed that my n5 switches to 3G around -101 RSRP. Is that a normal threshold for such a switch? I would think it a bit early as there is always usable LTE so long as I force LTE.

It shouldn't be switching to 3G that early...  Unless the network itself is switching you over to 3G from an overburdened 4G site.

My N5 stays on 4G till about -125 RSRP, but I am also on the .15 radio.

It shouldn't be switching to 3g that early...  Unless the network itself is switching you over to 3G from an overburdened 4G site.

My N5 stays on 4G till about -125 RSRP, but I am also on the .15 radio.

Hmm. That's troubling. My other n5 did the same thing but I thought it was just jacked up. Do you know of a link that might describe the "flashing" process?

Did you try a PRL update?(sarcasm)

Hmm. That's troubling. My other n5 did the same thing but I thought it was just jacked up. Do you know of a link that might describe the "flashing" process?

Rooting/flashing radios on the n5 is by far the easiest thing ever. Google it. The app "flashify" will be your best friend for radio switching.

• Like 1

Before you start flashing radios please call Sprint and verify your SIM card is correct in their system.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was seeing this earlier at a crowded event. LTE signal was coming in at levels of -95 and above but I was occasionally forced onto 3G or even 1x.

I was seeing this earlier at a crowded event. LTE signal was coming in at levels of -95 and above but I was occasionally forced onto 3G or even 1x.

The network might be shunting you over to 3G to balance the load so data can be used by everyone connected to the tower. I know it is supposed to do that between LTE bands but my guess it can do it between 3G and LTE as well. I've seen this happen before too

The network might be shunting you over to 3G to balance the load so data can be used by everyone connected to the tower. I know it is supposed to do that between LTE bands but my guess it can do it between 3G and LTE as well. I've seen this happen before too

Yeah I realize that, which is why I mentioned I was at a crowded event when I noticed it. Haven't seen it outside of those conditions.

Yeah I realize that, which is why I mentioned I was at a crowded event when I noticed it. Haven't seen it outside of those conditions.

that actually has happened to me and my market a lot of the band 25 towers are already overloaded so especially at peak if trying to watch video I'll drop down to 3G and then push back up to LTE. It will Shuffle between towers in the area until I can find a tower that can actually stream video content as well!