Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Waiting for this Spark update is frustrating :(

This.

It's the main reason I bought this phone. I mean it is getting to the point of ridiculous. The phone will be outdated before you can use it like it was designed.

• Like 2

This.

It's the main reason I bought this phone. I mean it is getting to the point of ridiculous. The phone will be outdated before you can use it like it was designed.

I bet that well see the update within a month. Some of the source that say its a "few weeks away" are known for being reliable. Plus they were correct when it came to previous updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I bet that well see the update within a month. Some of the source that say its a "few weeks away" are known for being reliable. Plus they were correct when it came to previous updates.

update coming=yes, spark included in the update=nobody knows

• Like 1

I only have connected to LTE on 1900 MHz and know about the 2600 issue the Spark update will fix but is 800 working well or will that have to wait for the update too.

Sent from Nexus 5

I only have connected to LTE on 1900 MHz and know about the 2600 issue the Spark update will fix but is 800 working well or will that have to wait for the update too.Sent from Nexus 5

800 voice or band 26 LTE? In regards to voice people have been reporting trouble getting connected to 800. Partly because the n5 is a rf beast, and partly due to the new prl's favoring 1900.

800 voice or band 26 LTE? In regards to voice people have been reporting trouble getting connected to 800. Partly because the n5 is a rf beast, and partly due to the new prl's favoring 1900.

No trouble with 800 voice on my end. I seem to connect this way very often in the last week. Posted Image

No trouble with 800 voice on my end. I seem to connect this way very often in the last week. Posted Image

That's a ridiculous signal level! You must be in a poor 1900 area. All I've seen is 1900 everywhere I go excluding one cave where 800 kicked in.

http://www.myce.com/news/nexus-7-also-receives-android-4-4-3-update-3-day-old-build-ktu83-spotted-70973/

I think we'll be seeing an update very soon, considering there is a new build of 4.4.3 in the wild. Previous build was KTU72B and now we have KTU83, which was apparently created on March 21.

I live in San Antonio TX. I just got a text from Sprint saying the new network is complete in my area. I did a PRL and Profile update and rebooted. After reboot all bands were enabled with 26 and 41 on priority 1. Have not been able to verify band 41 yet as I am not currently in San Antonio.

I live in San Antonio TX. I just got a text from Sprint saying the new network is complete in my area. I did a PRL and Profile update and rebooted. After reboot all bands were enabled with 26 and 41 on priority 1. Have not been able to verify band 41 yet as I am not currently in San Antonio.

have you entered your MSL code and enabled B26 or B41 ever?

Yes. But each time I did PRL and profile update it reverted back to only 25. They were at stock settings before this time. I stopped enabling after the second time while reading this thread. I did not want to do the radio change and try again

Yes. But each time I did PRL and profile update it reverted back to only 25. They were at stock settings before this time. I stopped enabling after the second time while reading this thread. I did not want to do the radio change and try again

I got the exact same message you did(just in an email) so I went ahead and did what you said you did, except I disabled both bands before I started. It didn't turn b41 or 26 on for me...so I just re-enabled them.

That's a ridiculous signal level! You must be in a poor 1900 area. All I've seen is 1900 everywhere I go excluding one cave where 800 kicked in.

I was making a call out in a public shopping area late in the evening hours and I found it strange since I'm idling on 1xRTT 1900 90% percent of the time.
  • Like 1

The message is a generic message and not an indicator of any actual network status. That message has gone out to virtually the entire country over the past 6 weeks. Updating your profile will keep bands enabled, but re-prioritize them at the default Sprint priorities...

You can call Care and have them re-provision Voicemail on your account, or you could activate Google Voice (and de-activate it again if you don't want it). Make sure you listen to any important voicemail first, as they will be deleted either way.

I added Google voice (full integration) last month and still get the messages. I'll try calling customer care, I tried webchat before and they didn't really have any information about what the messages were let alone how to stop them. Thanks for the info, the texts have been driving me nuts.

I have a question when im on lte.  Place a call the time goes back an hour.  Doesn't fix it self till ten minutes after i hang up.

Sprint was testing band 41 at NASCAR i believe on nexus 5.   Could be a beta phone

Sprint seems to have some widespread Daylight Saving Time bugs in their NV deployments.  Several of us have experienced the 1 hour off time when your phone is set to acquire time automatically from the network.  It seems to have started with the "Spring Forward" a few weeks ago.  It is possible that the 3G/1x connection that you are moving back to when talking on the telephone has a different time than the LTE network that you are normally on due to this bug.  If your time is off and the tower and band you are on has been accepted, you should contact Sprint so they can fix the automatic time in that area.

• Like 3

Sprint seems to have some widespread Daylight Saving Time bugs in their NV deployments. Several of us have experienced the 1 hour off time when your phone is set to acquire time automatically from the network. It seems to have started with the "Spring Forward" a few weeks ago. It is possible that the 3G/1x connection that you are moving back to when talking on the telephone has a different time than the LTE network that you are normally on due to this bug. If your time is off and the tower and band you are on has been accepted, you should contact Sprint so they can fix the automatic time in that area.

Yep I've gotten this a few times driving between Orlando and Jacksonville. It can be very frustrating if you don't catch that your phone went back an hour.

so no mention of sprint triband.if it isn't not in this update, its highly likely that the next android release doesn't come until 4.5/5.0 at IO

IMVHO

sooooooo baseband (radio) version still the same  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:

sooooooo baseband (radio) version still the same  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:

We don't know whether the baseband has changed or not because the source blacked out the rest of the version string. M8974 is merely the number for the Snapdragon 800 family (MSM8974), so all of our baseband versions should start with that.

• Like 4

We don't know whether the baseband has changed or not because the source blacked out the rest of the version string. M8974 is merely the number for the Snapdragon 800 family (MSM8974), so all of our baseband versions should start with that.

oh good good!

Everyone needs to chill and stop worrying about the spark update. We already know it is coming. Furthermore, Google knows what they are doing and they do talk to Sprint because otherwise there would be no sprint nexus 5.

• Like 3