Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

orbif out of range ofbusable LTE. At my house its out of range of LTE, have an airave, and 1x800 is here, but my phone still connects to weak 1x1900

you can put on a PRL that favors 1x800.

PRLs are definitely not the easiest to switch on this phone (unless there's a way to do it without qpst or something similar that has been discovered)

that is with the premier sponsor 513 pro. It is battling between the two, and one sector serving my house stopped all 1x800 broadcasting even after acceptance. Tried filing an equipment failure issue but they just brushed it off

that is with the premier sponsor 513 pro. It is battling between the two, and one sector serving my house stopped all 1x800 broadcasting even after acceptance. Tried filing an equipment failure issue but they just brushed it off

what do you use to load the PRL?

what do you use to load the PRL?

past. Best method I've found. Wish there was a way like how easy it is on the s4 and on my tab 3 with xshortcut

Was able to connect to band 41 downtown during SXSW here in Austin tonight.  Only had to do the update PRL trick.

• Like 1

The site might have been accepted but has it been officially launched yet?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Go into the premier forum, then premier prl thread. Digi has a thread with a direct link to load a prl on your nexus 5

Im at work and stuck on the phone. Is that in the 800 prl thread or is there another I don't see at the moment. Does that 800 help with getting 2600?

Sent from Nexus 5

Im at work and stuck on the phone. Is that in the 800 prl thread or is there another I don't see at the moment. Does that 800 help with getting 2600?

Sent from Nexus 5

Yes, it's the prl that prioritized 1x800 voice. It has a link for instructions on how to load it on to your n5. It has zero relation for 2600 b41 data.

• Like 1

The site might have been accepted but has it been officially launched yet?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yep even was told / saw it on a computer saying it was. I was connecting on it up until a few days ago. And its judt one sector

Google needs to update these phones.  I randomly get the no ring or notification of missed call if someone calls. But as soon as a voice mail is left, it lets me know in seconds.  I tested it plenty of times.  I hope fixed soon and they throw in spark update to enable the radios. ;)

Google needs to update these phones. I randomly get the no ring or notification of missed call if someone calls. But as soon as a voice mail is left, it lets me know in seconds. I tested it plenty of times. I hope fixed soon and they through in spark update to enable the radios. ;)

Well at least you get voicemail notifications. I have to check mine every hour or so because I don't get voicemail notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well at least you get voicemail notifications. I have to check mine every hour or so because I don't get voicemail notifications.

Damn that sucks.   i just contacted google they said its a sim card issue.(right).  To go to sprint and have them swap it. Im not the only one with this problem its on YouTube for evidence.   I also asked about spark update.  No clue still.  They had no clue what spark update was  :wall:

Googlevoice.

So, I know a lot of people here use this, but has anyone had the issue I'm having?  I'm not sure if it's a Google Voice issue, or a N5 issue.

Using GV as voicemail only, but even though I've looked in both the app and on the web to see that all Voicemails are read, whenever I get one (and many other random times), it always tells me I have anywhere from 3-10 of them, some dating back to 2012.  I know I still have those, but they've all been listened to as well as marked as read.

So, I know a lot of people here use this, but has anyone had the issue I'm having? I'm not sure if it's a Google Voice issue, or a N5 issue.

Using GV as voicemail only, but even though I've looked in both the app and on the web to see that all Voicemails are read, whenever I get one (and many other random times), it always tells me I have anywhere from 3-10 of them, some dating back to 2012. I know I still have those, but they've all been listened to as well as marked as read.

Do you have it sprint integrated? 'Cause that caused a whole mess of issues for me until I disabled it.

So, I know a lot of people here use this, but has anyone had the issue I'm having?  I'm not sure if it's a Google Voice issue, or a N5 issue.

Using GV as voicemail only, but even though I've looked in both the app and on the web to see that all Voicemails are read, whenever I get one (and many other random times), it always tells me I have anywhere from 3-10 of them, some dating back to 2012.  I know I still have those, but they've all been listened to as well as marked as read.

One setting you need to leave unchecked otherwise you won't be told about new VMs. At least I'm not on both my Nexus5's.

Settings>Voicemail Display (view and play voicemails from phone call log) UNCHECKED. <<---- important.

• Like 1

Anyone else using usb otg with their n5?

One setting you need to leave unchecked otherwise you won't be told about new VMs. At least I'm not on both my Nexus5's.

Settings>Voicemail Display (view and play voicemails from phone call log) UNCHECKED. <<---- important.

:(  I liked being able to play them from the phone call log.  I'll give it a try though, never considered that that could be an issue.

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find it right now.

I will be traveling out of the country next month and I plan on using a local SIM in my 32 GB Nexus 5 when I get there.  If I do this is there anything special I need to do to get it back on sprint when I return to the US?  Or is just swapping the SIM card and rebooting good enough?

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find it right now.

I will be traveling out of the country next month and I plan on using a local SIM in my 32 GB Nexus 5 when I get there. If I do this is there anything special I need to do to get it back on sprint when I return to the US? Or is just swapping the SIM card and rebooting good enough?

You may need to change the network mode under carrier settings as well; it may not reset itself when you reboot.

• Like 1