Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I have been skimming these for awhile and idk about you guys but in the last week I have had really bad camera issues. It crashes or can't load the camera. I have to reboot for the camera to be functional. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same issue for me and it's eating up the battery until I reboot.  It'll be good for a day or two and then happen again.  The process that shows up in the battery list is mm-qcamera-daemon.

why hasn't sprint released the update for this phone.

why hasn't Google released the update for this phone.

Corrected that for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

crap i thought i typed sprint.  Lol im looking to buy a nexus 5 on other screen.  

:lol:

I know Sprint hasn't missed their date by any means, but I'm sure like some others, I'm getting antsy for the Spark update.  I thought I left all of those "waiting for updates others got ahead of me" behind with the Nexus, but at least when it comes, I can't imagine what other update won't be right on time with everything else from that point on.

Same issue for me and it's eating up the battery until I reboot.  It'll be good for a day or two and then happen again.  The process that shows up in the battery list is mm-qcamera-daemon.

Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.

I had a battery issue, but it was "the weather channel" app. It ate up 68% of my battery usage(from fully charged to 72% remaining during a 8 minute shower...). Never happened before so I just shut off the notifications until I can find a good replacement.

I had a battery issue, but it was "the weather channel" app. It ate up 68% of my battery usage(from fully charged to 72% remaining during a 8 minute shower...). Never happened before so I just shut off the notifications until I can find a good replacement.

What battery drain app u using, battery stats or what?

What battery drain app u using, battery stats or what?

I use Battery Guru. I know some people have said it was having a negative affect on their batteries but I thought I'd give it a shot awhile back and its working for me. 13-14 hours of moderate use in an area where signal isn't terribly great seems pretty good to me. I like their "low power" mode(it helps milk the last few percent out of my n5), I actually had my phone down to 16% the other night and it idled while I slept for 12 hours without dying.

I use Battery Guru. I know some people have said it was having a negative affect on their batteries but I thought I'd give it a shot awhile back and its working for me. 13-14 hours of moderate use in an area where signal isn't terribly great seems pretty good to me. I like their "low power" mode(it helps milk the last few percent out of my n5), I actually had my phone down to 16% the other night and it idled while I slept for 12 hours without dying.

I'm in learning mode still.... You rooted or stock?

Try the Accuweather app. It doesn't drain my battery very much at all with the notification active all day.

• Like 1

I'm in learning mode still.... You rooted or stock?

I'm rooted, running about 11 xposed modules. I can't resist tinkering with my electronics (plus adaway is nice). I know how you feel I had just gotten out of learning mode and then xprivacy had an update that froze my n5, I had to use my twrp backup which was conveniently from the day before I started my learning period lol. Its a bit of a pain to wait for but I feel Its worth it, the app refreshing suppression is great (I figure if its one you really need to refresh you probably check it regularly anyways so its not really an issue).

Try the Accuweather app. It doesn't drain my battery very much at all with the notification active all day.

Thanks! I'll give it a spin in a little bit.

I can't resist tinkering with my electronics (plus adaway is nice).

What is love.  Lady don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM

Oh, wait, that was Haddaway.

AJ

• Like 3

And now if you are at least 30 years old, you are going to be subconsciously doing this for the rest of the day...

tumblr_m0533pbylm1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

AJ

• Like 10

Yeah, .15 could be the issue, or it could be this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02/22/bug-watch-nexus-5-can-randomly-stop-receiving-calls-and-text-messages-for-some/

This is exactly what I was talking about a month or so ago where, when connected to LTE (weak LTE, but LTE all the same), I wouldn't receive calls, period. I could use my wifes phone, set my Nexus down on the table, and call and it would just ring, then go to voicemail, while my Nexus would never make a peep.

I had similar problems for a couple of days, and it turned out that my voicemail-only Google Voice setup had somehow become a full GV integration, messing everything up. On the GV website it showed all my missed calls, but my N5 never made a peep. No idea how it happened, as I hadn't touched my GV settings for weeks. Once I figured it out and fixed the settings, everything was fine.

I also discovered that SMS/MMS messages are not delivered to the N5 when in LTE-Only mode, even when connected to Wi-Fi. I accidentally left it that way for an entire day.. I have solid LTE at home, so I had no idea. I was bombarded with messages the instant I put it back into CDMA/LTE mode. Oops.

There have been no CSFB issues in my market (Boston) that I am aware of, so that was not in play for my specific situations. That doesn't mean it isn't the reason others are experiencing problems though.

-Mike

I know i have asked before but no one mentioned they did...but am I the only one who has issues with GV handling voicemail?  It does not work reliably *at all*.  It usually will not pull new messages and I have to screw around with delete the new message, loading the trash folder which causes it to sync and then I have to undelete the new message from the trash so it goes back to the Inbox and hopefully it will be downloaded so i can listen to it.

How do you get your voice mails to show up in the dialer instead of going to the gv app?

Its a setting in the gv app. It says voicemail display in phone logs

• Like 2

Its a setting in the gv app. It says voicemail display in phone logs

Thx I'll check it out.

Lol I can't believe I never noticed that. I was looking all over the dialer app for that option.

Edited by flyer8493
  • Like 1

I finally got my tracking number, no delivery eta yet for the ground shipping but I will be pulling both gci/pci numbers like the cool kids soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I finally got my tracking number, no delivery eta yet for the ground shipping but I will be pulling both gci/pci numbers like the cool kids soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It's going to my work address, that is for home shipping only isn't it? We get tons here a day.

Sent from my SPH-L900

AFAIK you can put any tracking number on it.  We get 2 UPS trucks here a day and I've had some things go to my work address and show up in mychoice.