Breaking Band: Tri-band LTE / eCSFB issues thread

I didn't see that.  People kept saying call or chat with Sprint or connect your phone to adb and do logcat to search for a 6 digit number for your MSL.

Occom's Razor, bro... Y'all were doing all the crazy technical exploits...gotta love those dialer codes.

Occom's Razor, bro... Y'all were doing all the crazy technical exploits...gotta love those dialer codes.

I know.  I took logic in college.  Guess I didn't pay attention. 

Open a ticket and be sure to let them know you have 4 devices. Two of yours and two of other LTE devices. That way they can't say your device is bad.

I talked to a chat representativeAnd she said she would escalate it to their network team or something like that

Easy way to tell, force LTE via hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* > Phone Info > LTE Only. If it works, its an eCSFB problem. 

I think I'm in an area with eCSFB enabled because I would make a phone call and then my LTE connection would be restored afterwards. I just tried changing my phone to LTE Only and I couldn't get a signal. I switched it back to "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" and now I can't get an LTE connection anymore. I should've remembered what the original setting was but I didn't keep track. Is "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" the default setting? I have a LG Nexus 5.

I think I'm in an area with eCSFB enabled because I would make a phone call and then my LTE connection would be restored afterwards. I just tried changing my phone to LTE Only and I couldn't get a signal. I switched it back to "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" and now I can't get an LTE connection anymore. I should've remembered what the original setting was but I didn't keep track. Is "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" the default setting? I have a LG Nexus 5.

The default setting is LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL), but as a Sprint user you should not see a difference with the setting you chose.

-Mike

This is happening with me... I can see the LTE connection but I can't get any data from the tower while on "LTE" so ib won't v recieve text or get calls after awhile it itv drop down to 3g. The same thing was happening at another tower. They seemed to have changed the v tower Id as I don't v hat the same gci PCI as I was before now that I'm connecting again...

• Like 1

For those in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, it looks like Sprint is starting to comb over the 1X areas as well. There are three towers going into the Back Mountain (Dallas/Shavertown area) with Samsung cabinets and antennas next to them ready to be installed. Looks like they were delivered over the past two weeks. I find it odd they just dumped them next to the towers. Anyone can take them. I doubt this area will see tri-band LTE as it wouldn't cover much, so I'm eager to see if my Nexus 5 will work well with the new equipment or not.

Edited by LongTermEvolution

Is Sprint still activating 4G only towers? 3 towers just went LTE live today near my ome, but I cannot connect to any of them on my Nexus 5 unless I force 4G. I thought Sprint would only be activating LTE if 3G was activated at the same time. 

Is Sprint still activating 4G only towers? 3 towers just went LTE live today near my ome, but I cannot connect to any of them on my Nexus 5 unless I force 4G. I thought Sprint would only be activating LTE if 3G was activated at the same time.

Negative. Sprint will no longer "launch" markets without CSFB being active. There is no harm in allowing an LTE site go live without CSFB. Because if you think about it, no one knows except those who read S4GRU maps.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Negative. Sprint will no longer "launch" markets without CSFB being active. There is no harm in allowing an LTE site go live without CSFB. Because if you think about it, no one knows except those who read S4GRU maps.

So, if you're in a non launch market, they may still be doing so (last few map updates seem to confirm this in my area, or the 3G just hasn't been approved yet)?  It seems like they've been doing the whole let "LTE site go live without CSFB." here for a while now as they work their way across the area.

Well, plenty of people who don't read S4GRU will be aware that their new tri-band phones are not connecting to LTE. For instance, my wife has an S4, which connects, and I have an N5, which doesn't connect. 

Well, plenty of people who don't read S4GRU will be aware that their new tri-band phones are not connecting to LTE. For instance, my wife has an S4, which connects, and I have an N5, which doesn't connect. 

Yes, it will effect some people.  But what do you want them to do?  Would you rather that even SVLTE not be able to use them either?  If the 3G doesn't come online with the LTE, it is because it can't.  Not because they like alienating Triband device owners.  However, Sprint says that by the time they launch service in the market, they will make sure the 3G NV upgrades with CSFB are active by the time LTE launches in the market.

Robert

N5 via Google

SEPA/Philadelphia Market.

Mixed results here on 3/4G accepted sites.

Some towers seem to allow LTE without an issue but some others causing problems.

3/4G tower covering 19525 no LTE connection, connects using 3G and every 3minutes drops the network completely and takes around 40sec to re-acquire then 3mins later drops it again repeating the sequence over and over.

3/4G tower covering 19486 i guess has the more typical issue, intermittent LTE, so connects using 3G then every 12mins connects to LTE for around 10secs before rolling back to 3G.

Don't know if you are all are still keeping track of this. But Fredericskburg Va. is also having the tri band switch issue and it is consider as the Washington DC market.

On all sites?

On all sites?

There are only 2 sites with LTE on it in that area. I have not gotten any on either.  I right on the Washingtion DC/Richmond market line and might check out the 2 Richmond towers in Spotsylvania county that should have LTE on it.

There are only 2 sites with LTE on it in that area. I have not gotten any on either.  I right on the Washingtion DC/Richmond market line and might check out the 2 Richmond towers in Spotsylvania county that should have LTE on it.

I mean if you got outside of that area but inside the Washington DC Market, do you have any problems? We are still experiencing some problems in Incumbent markets like DC and here in MO where some sites(not very many) won't accept connections from non-SVLTE devices and as such kill the connection from surrounding sites as well. A lot of the sites were fixed a couple weeks ago but we still know of at least 2 problem sites here in MO Market.