LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

At work, I get -60dBm on EDVO.  When that tower I connect to gets LTE, will my LTE strength be around -60 dBm too?

No. EV-DO and LTE use different signal strength metrics.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-308-rssi-vs-rsrp-a-brief-lte-signal-strength-primer/

AJ

• Like 1

I've not been expecting an N5 Spark update before the end of the month. But it would be nice.

There are very solid rumors that the LG G2 will get its update before the end of the month. And that may translate to the N5 getting its update soon. But I'm not expecting it.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/716823

however accurate sprintcare may or may not be

Thanks for the post. This is an issue with LG Spark capable devices. We are working with LG to come up with a fix for this issue. We, in no way, purposefully advertised this device as Spark knowing there was an issue. I have no exact date as we are waiting for a fix. We are doing all that we can to get this taken care of ASAP.
  • Like 1

I finally got a little bit of band 41! location denton tx, phone lg g2 not sure why they are holding out on the g2 update I stayed connected to band 41 all day at work no band 26 near me but have an old clearwire tower a half a mile from work. im glad to finally have lte at work!

post-32696-0-13939000-1390783509_thumb.png

• Like 10

Surrounded by B41 here, at least according to the Sprint coverage map, but i can't get my N5 to connect to it. That said, if i use my UK SIM and run a network search i do not see "Clear" that some others are reporting either.

Had the nexus gotten the update to allow connection? I don't believe it has.
  • Like 1

Had the nexus gotten the update to allow connection? I don't believe it has.

No i do not believe so but i thought i'd read some N5 users had successfully connected, just by activating the bands.

I was more surprised b41 was already in this area. 

There have been a few isolated instances where N5 users have reported the ability to connect to Band 41. But the overwhelming majority cannot. They are waiting on the Spark update.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I love how in an official Sprint correspondence, it mistakenly says BC 26 and 41.  It's Band 26 and 41.  Band Classes are not used for LTE.  :lol:

Robert

• Like 4

I love how in an official Sprint correspondence, it mistakenly says BC 26 and 41. It's Band 26 and 41. Band Classes are not used for LTE. :lol:

Robert

Fussy, fussy, fussy! We're lucky they can SPELL 26 and 41!
  • Like 4

Android Police takes every opportunity they can to hate on the Sprint network.  That makes it hard for me to have them as my primary source for Android info.

If you don't go to tech sites that don't hate on Sprint, your list of sites is going to be very small.

Also, I found this and thought that it was interesting that they say there's usually a 4:1 downlink/uplink ratio when it's been reported that Clearwire is using 3:2.

http://www.rcrwireless.com/article/20140127/opinion/reader-forum-tdd-vs-fdd-and-the-battle-over-handset-battery-life/

If you don't go to tech sites that don't hate on Sprint, your list of sites is going to be very small.

Also, I found this and thought that it was interesting that they say there's usually a 4:1 downlink/uplink ratio when it's been reported that Clearwire is using 3:2.

http://www.rcrwireless.com/article/20140127/opinion/reader-forum-tdd-vs-fdd-and-the-battle-over-handset-battery-life/

I know they were using 4:1 in initial FIT testing and were hitting 100Mbps consistently.  However, they must have thought it was worth sacrificing some of the top end of the performance to maintain solid upload performance and settled on 3:2.

Robert

• Like 1

I know they were using 4:1 in initial FIT testing and were hitting 100Mbps consistently.  However, they must have thought it was worth sacrificing some of the top end of the performance to maintain solid upload performance and settled on 3:2.

Robert

I personally would prefer 4:1 but I can see how others would want the higher upload.

• Like 3

Robert

Wouldn't MIMO mean higher download speeds, relative to upload speeds, than the 3:2 time allocation (or spectrum allocation on FDD) might suggest?

Wouldn't MIMO mean higher download speeds, relative to upload speeds, than the 3:2 time allocation (or spectrum allocation on FDD) might suggest?

One of the reasons why they went with a wide uplink ratio. Because at 4:1, as the MIMO increased over time it would only even make the low upload speeds look worse and worse.

Since MIMO will go to 4x4 and 8x8 in time and the download speeds will rocket, might as well have a better ratio for the uplink now.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am currrently on vm and the customer service is useless but the price and the plan can't be beat by anyone. Was in the Anaheim area this past week where they do have lte and it was great! not sure what's up in Seattle, Sprint may not have gotten network vision done there not unlike Fresno where I live.

VM doesn't currently have a spark device but they did announce a WiFi device that is coming soon. Rumors are that Virgin and Boost are going to be rebranded as Sprint Freedom, so no big change there.