LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

I'm not questioning this but I thought one of the Spark pages on here showing what it was called out 3 carrier aggregation. I took that to be 3 bands. Like most things lately I guess I miss understood.

< nothing to see here, move along >

I saw that same quote. It is horribly confusing, but if you re-read it, it doesn't actually say they are aggregating three bands together. I assure you that Sprint Spark doesn't aggregate bands. It doesn't even aggregate carriers in the same band in the beginning.

Later on down the road, Sprint may aggregate two or three carriers in just Band 41. I don't think any of the current "Spark" even support Carrier Aggregation in any band, let alone aggregating several bands.

Robert

• Like 2

What exactly does the 3 carrier aggregation mean in the picture? Is it downloading on 800/1900/2600 all at once?

Carrier. Not band. Three Band 41 carriers. Not three bands. If you read all the interviews involved and put it all into context, Spark is just Band 41. It does not involve Band 25 and 26. Those become backup bands in Spark areas.

Robert

• Like 3

Carrier. Not band. Three Band 41 carriers. Not three bands. If you read all the interviews involved and put it all into context, Spark is just Band 41. It does not involve Band 25 and 26. Those become backup bands in Spark areas.

Robert

Oh, so they are only doing aggregation in Band 41 (and not a combination of band 25, 26, 41)?

• Like 1

Are Sprint Spark rollout maps available in the Premiere Sponsor sections?

Yes, just follow the red carpet...

;)

AJ

Are Sprint Spark rollout maps available in the Premiere Sponsor sections?

The Premier Sponsor section has a map of every single Clearwire site and whether has being upgraded with TD LTE at this point.  Clearwire TD LTE deployment is divided into Phase 1 and Phase 2 until it has blanket the entire Clearwire Wimax network with LTE.  There are a lot of Phase 1 sites upgraded with TD LTE in many markets at this time especially the large markets and once Phase 1 is complete, Phase 2 will cover the rest of the remaining Clearwire towers until every single Clearwire tower is upgraded to TD LTE. 

I used the Premier Sponsor information to locate B41 LTE sites upgraded in my area and have taken screenshots of speedtests and engineering menus to prove that I was using B41 LTE sites.  Let me tell you that speeds are FAST!!!!!

• Like 1

Oh, so they are only doing aggregation in Band 41 (and not a combination of band 25, 26, 41)?

Yes. And Band 41 Carrier Aggregation happens in the future. At first launch, Sprint Spark is just one 20MHz carrier in Band 41.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

The Premier Sponsor section has a map of every single Clearwire site and whether has being upgraded with TD LTE at this point.  Clearwire TD LTE deployment is divided into Phase 1 and Phase 2 until it has blanket the entire Clearwire Wimax network with LTE.  There are a lot of Phase 1 sites upgraded with TD LTE in many markets at this time especially the large markets and once Phase 1 is complete, Phase 2 will cover the rest of the remaining Clearwire towers until every single Clearwire tower is upgraded to TD LTE. 

I used the Premier Sponsor information to locate B41 LTE sites upgraded in my area and have taken screenshots of speedtests and engineering menus to prove that I was using B41 LTE sites.  Let me tell you that speeds are FAST!!!!!

Sounds compelling I may just have to upgrade ;)

• Like 2

Yes. And Band 41 Carrier Aggregation happens in the future. At first launch, Sprint Spark is just one 20MHz carrier in Band 41.

Until the middle of 2014 when they are supposed to aggregate 2 carriers for 150Mbps although I dont know if out phones will be able to access that type of speed.

Until the middle of 2014 when they are supposed to aggregate 2 carriers for 150Mbps although I dont know if out phones will be able to access that type of speed.

I'd like 150 Mbps at home for the price I pay for my mobile plans. Don't really see the need for it on a phone even if it is a smart phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Unlike most single band phones the triband phones shows your lte signal strenght bars which is probably lower than your 3g signal. All single band phones with the exception of the iphone 5, 5s, 5c and note 3 shows your 1x signal even when you have lte. Most people assume that this means they have great lte coverage and now sprint is basically correcting that.

I though it was just my Nexus 5 which reflected the data connection's signal in the signal bars... Interesting that all triband devices will do that. I wonder why.

Sprint Spark coverage is just Band 41 LTE. Band 26 (LTE 800) coverage will be depicted in the orange with Band 25.

Sprint Spark is not Triband LTE, it is just Band 41 LTE. They want it separated out because it is capable of faster speeds. Band 26 is limited to the same speeds as Band 25. The purpose of Band 26 is just to extend coverage, not speed.

When Band 26 LTE starts going live, it will not be distinguishable on maps. Except for possibly pushing out the orange blob even farther.

Band 41 is yellow... So what is "turbo" then? It's not even yellow on the map (even though it's listed as a part of Sprint spark)

Sprint's explanation of "turbo": Enhanced LTE with super high speed capability

So even though sprint spark is officially launched the maps are up I don't think they're broadcasting the signal just came from the Sprint store and they haven't even sent out the update yet. I'm just waiting for some speed test! in NYC showing its live!

Is the HTC One Max a online order because they didnt have in store as well!

Since basically all 38,000 Sprint sites will be getting band 41 eventually, will that information be there too? Clearwire sites are separate from the 38,000 right?

The Sprint site is showing all of OC/LA covered in Spark. I highly doubt that considering WiMax was never fully deployed resulting in several holes and it is B41.

I can tell you for a fact that is nowhere near true.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since basically all 38,000 Sprint sites will be getting band 41 eventually, will that information be there too? Clearwire sites are separate from the 38,000 right?

To your first question..yes all 38,000 sites will eventually get B41 LTE but not sure if robert will get that info.

To your second question..yes the clearwire sites are separate from sprint. There are about 15,000 clearwire sites nationwide so you have to add those to the total site count. Right now clearwire is focusing on upgrading all of its own clearwire sites first with B41 LTE first before beginning to upgrade sprint sites with B41 LTE.

To your first question..yes all 38,000 sites will eventually get B41 LTE but not sure if robert will get that info.

To your second question..yes the clearwire sites are separate from sprint. There are about 15,000 clearwire sites nationwide so you have to add those to the total site count. Right now clearwire is focusing on upgrading all of its own clearwire sites first with B41 LTE first before beginning to upgrade sprint sites with B41 LTE.

They back pedaled on the 38k site upgrades to B41 on the last earnings call.

They back pedaled on the 38k site upgrades to B41 on the last earnings call.

Are you sure? What is the story now? Because i know during the actual call they said something different. However in the Q&A session, jon chaplin had a question about this and dan hesse clarified it as well as steve elfman that its not going to be deployed in hotspots that they might have eluded to.