LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I never knew about it. Even trough the many videos and articals ive read about the g2. Just stinks i have a defender on it. But im gonna order a trident case if i cant find one localy, i hope the ageis is as good as a trident i had for a older phone. I emailed trident and asked them were they planning on making a kraken case for thr g2, so far its a not but the rep said he would put the suggestion in. Im keeping my fingers crossed that they will.

I like your case in your avatar.  Got the same one except in Infinity White.

So, I'm really interested on your opinion of your G2.  Just interested to hear what someone who really knows their stuff thinks. 

I understand neither of these phones are the LG G2, but here's a quickie of the One Max and Moto X. The G2 isn't active and the Nexus 5 wouldn't hop on the same tower. More to come.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

It looks like the One max has some sort of a bumper case, while the Moto X doesn't have anything.  Have you done your comparisons with no cases?

So I've had a couple issues with my G2 lately. A couple times the keyboard won't pull up when you need to type a message. I have the default keyboard set to swype, but it forces me to change the keyboard to either the LG or Android keyboard. A reboot is required to get the swype keyboard working again.

Also, sometimes the clock will jump to be 1 hr ahead.

Everything is stock and I've only installed a couple apps. Not sure what is going on. Anyone else seeing this happening?

So I've had a couple issues with my G2 lately. A couple times the keyboard won't pull up when you need to type a message. I have the default keyboard set to swype, but it forces me to change the keyboard to either the LG or Android keyboard. A reboot is required to get the swype keyboard working again.

Also, sometimes the clock will jump to be 1 hr ahead.

Everything is stock and I've only installed a couple apps. Not sure what is going on. Anyone else seeing this happening?

Not for me but I am not using Swype. I'd try wiping data under settings>apps>Swype. Select Clear data.

As for the hour difference that's usually caused by the device thinking you're in another timezone. Try turning off location settings and re-enable them.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I like your case in your avatar.  Got the same one except in Infinity White.

Yeah, the Spigen case is at the top of my list although some say it adds too much bulk/thickness for their taste... Does it cover the back button LED light? 

Yeah, the Spigen case is at the top of my list although some say it adds too much bulk/thickness for their taste... Does it cover the back button LED light?

I personally don't think it adds too much bulk but it depends on the person. Also no the case doesnt cover the back buttons at all. You can see the LED light. Basically the picture u see is what it looks like

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the spigen slim armor on my phone and it fits nice and doesn't effect how the buttons are on the back. It actually makes it easier to find them due to having a slot cut out to get to them. You can still see the led with this on.

The only bad thing is the bottom of the case digs into my finger depending on how I hold the phone.

• Like 1

I have the spigen slim armor on my phone and it fits nice and doesn't effect how the buttons are on the back. It actually makes it easier to find them due to having a slot cut out to get to them. You can still see the led with this on.

The only bad thing is the bottom of the case digs into my finger depending on how I hold the phone.

The Spigen looks really nice but I want a kick stand. 

I finally got my g2 today and have been somewhat impressed with it. Compared to my HTC one I used just for a few weeks voice signal doesn't seem to be quite as good but is still decent and I happen to have a few towers that are fully complete so I get 4G in the main part of the city. I held a usable lte sign to the back of Walmart today. Now my home tree just needs to get lit up and I'll be set!

I was so close to getting the HTC One, but I wanted tri-band radios and just couldn't live with the lack of digital zoom headroom in the otherwise great 4 Ultrapixel camera. (I'm almost afraid to mention the camera because I've heard from camera defenders so many times who I already agree with except on this one point.) Anyway, the LG G2 seems to step up the specs just where I need them and offers greater stock customization. I am concerned about the reported call quality issues though...

I was so close to getting the HTC One, but I wanted tri-band radios and just couldn't live with the lack of digital zoom headroom in the otherwise great 4 Ultrapixel camera. (I'm almost afraid to mention the camera because I've heard from camera defenders so many times who I already agree with except on this one point.) Anyway, the LG G2 seems to step up the specs just where I need them. I am concerned about the reported call quality issues though...

Some markets aren't affected and some are.

I have had amazing call quality on my end. Best voice quality of any phone I've had on Sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I was so close to getting the HTC One, but I wanted tri-band radios and just couldn't live with the lack of digital zoom headroom in the otherwise great 4 Ultrapixel camera. (I'm almost afraid to mention the camera because I've heard from camera defenders so many times who I already agree with except on this one point.) Anyway, the LG G2 seems to step up the specs just where I need them and offers greater stock customization. I am concerned about the reported call quality issues though...

Don't have any call quality issues here.  Besides that is what your 14 day trial period is for...to test out the phone to see if it meet your needs.  If it does become an issue and you don't trust LG to address them in a future update, maybe you might have to settle for another phone.

I just switched from us cell to sprint and needed a phone to use until the warehouse shipped my g2 so I used my managers HTC one. It wasn't by any means my favorite phone to use but it did the job until I got my phone.

The camera on the one definitely wasn't up to par imo. It took really crappy pictures compared to my s4 I had with us cell so I hardly used it at all for that. I haven't had any call quality issues thus far but I've only been running my g2 for a few hours and made 1 call. Time will tell. Unfortunately being an employee and ordering from where I did I don't think I have a return policy so it's either this or sell it and get an nexus.

• Like 1

Some markets aren't affected and some are.

I have had amazing call quality on my end. Best voice quality of any phone I've had on Sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Don't have any call quality issues here.  Besides that is what your 14 day trial period is for...to test out the phone to see if it meet your needs.  If it does become an issue and you don't trust LG to address them in a future update, maybe you might have to settle for another phone.

I just switched from us cell to sprint and needed a phone to use until the warehouse shipped my g2 so I used my managers HTC one. It wasn't by any means my favorite phone to use but it did the job until I got my phone.

The camera on the one definitely wasn't up to par imo. It took really crappy pictures compared to my s4 I had with us cell so I hardly used it at all for that. I haven't had any call quality issues thus far but I've only been running my g2 for a few hours and made 1 call. Time will tell. Unfortunately being an employee and ordering from where I did I don't think I have a return policy so it's either this or sell it and get an nexus.

I had a feeling from my research that call quality was more an issue on the network side when it comes to G2. Glad to hear you guys are getting good voice quality. Obviously the G2 will go back to Sprint in the return period if I don't like it, but by the time I purchase a phone I've done so much research and in-store testing it's unlikely. If the G2 doesn't work out, nothing else will do for me probably until the S5 or possibly M8. 

• Like 1

Well while i was doing some paperwork at work i flipped on Pandora and as in my erlier post it done the high pitched chirping sound on the speaker. Anyone else have this also? Im wondering is it Pandora or the phone?

I get it also. Not often but I do get it. 

I get it also. Not often but I do get it.

It seems like it dose it on some songs then not others no matter what volume. Its anoying personaly, im a audio guy to a point thats a reason i love thr g2 is its ability to have high quality audio. I hope its a bug and gets fixed for everyone. But i have nit noticed it on Spotify or Google Play music yet.

So far I've only used Spotify, but I haven't heard any problems. The audio quality seems excellent, overall. 

It seems like it dose it on some songs then not others no matter what volume. Its anoying personaly, im a audio guy to a point thats a reason i love thr g2 is its ability to have high quality audio. I hope its a bug and gets fixed for everyone. But i have nit noticed it on Spotify or Google Play music yet.

Spotify sucks to me. It works fine if I leave it running in the foreground. If I run it in the background it randomly closes after about 3 or 4 songs. 

Spotify sucks to me. It works fine if I leave it running in the foreground. If I run it in the background it randomly closes after about 3 or 4 songs. 

That's odd. I haven't had any issues with Spotify on my phone. I've run it in the background with Sensorly, Google Maps and Signal Check running. I've even sent a few texts and checked email and have use it with the screen off. No issues. Sounds like you might need to clear cache, reinstall or find out if something else is interfering with it while running. 

That's odd. I haven't had any issues with Spotify on my phone. I've run it in the background with Sensorly, Google Maps and Signal Check running. I've even sent a few texts and checked email and have use it with the screen off. No issues. Sounds like you might need to clear cache, reinstall or find out if something else is interfering with it while running. 

I would think that but it also happened on my S3 as well. I will try clearing the cache and see what happens.