LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone here take advantage of the LG G2 promotion going on this black Friday weekend for only $50 on Sprint?  If you did, I hate you  :P since I paid $199 for the G2 just 3 weeks ago.

I just ordered one today and I'm so glad I returned my Note 3 back in October. At first I was hoping for more deals, but then I realized nothing can beat the G2 @ $50. FWIW, I saw someone post about getting the $150 difference refunded with a preorder from late October and they obviously got to keep the free case as well. I forget if I saw this on XDA, AC, or SD, but I'd at least give it a try.

I swear I saw it somewhere else too, but here you go - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=63948240&postcount=140

I just ordered one today and I'm so glad I returned my Note 3 back in October. At first I was hoping for more deals, but then I realized nothing can beat the G2 @ $50. FWIW, I saw someone post about getting the $150 difference refunded with a preorder from late October and they obviously got to keep the free case as well. I forget if I saw this on XDA, AC, or SD, but I'd at least give it a try.

I swear I saw it somewhere else too, but here you go - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=63948240&postcount=140

Thanks for the heads up.  I guess I can try again.  This would totally make my day if they were able to do it.

Anyone here take advantage of the LG G2 promotion going on this black Friday weekend for only $50 on Sprint?  If you did, I hate you  :P since I paid $199 for the G2 just 3 weeks ago.

You will be mad at me. I got my mine for free the weekend it came out plus a $50 gift card. 

I One-Up'd mine and only paid $36.00 sales tax and the $39.00 activation fee up front and then the $7.92 a month for 12 months. No 2 year contract of course.

Then we will see what is available next November to switch out for.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

You will be mad at me. I got my mine for free the weekend it came out plus a $50 gift card. 

Nice bro.  I am not really jealous if you use best buy or amazon to buy it for cheaper via 3rd party.  Sprint can't match that and I would much rather keep my SERO account.  I will make up the difference that way.

I will admit it now. Sprint is starting to get very good in my area. They have even went back and fixed towers that wouldn't get lte signals from within 1/3 of a mile away thanks to my constant bitching and telling about the problem. There are only 7 towers left in my city that has not gotten a LTE upgrade. One is unfortunately my home tower but I have wifi so its ok. There is a place in my son's room that if I stand there at night I get 24mbps down and 8 up with 40-50 ping times consistently. They did 3 towers in one week which was crazy but I bet there will only be 1 and if I'm lucky 2 upgrades in the month of December.

• Like 1

hey guys question, i cant seem to find this in this in the thread, where you go to edit the seeing on the phone LTE, it asks for a code... any what that is?

thanks and sorry for the simple question lol

Are you trying to activate B26 & B41? If that is what you are trying to do you need to call Sprint and get your msl code.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I hope you hate me after this sunday! ;)

Not sure if this solution has been posted yet, and I don't feel like looking back through the thread... The crackling on the speaker is now considered a known issue and LG is looking into it. There is a workaround in the meantime.

The issue only affects devices in some markets due to software, not all devices, and it is not a hardware issue. The workaround until the fix comes:

1. You will need your MSL code (You can get this from Sprint, or by dialing ##443336772# in your dialer)

2. Dial ##3282# in your dialer.

3. Select More

4. Select Advanced

5. Select Edit (Enter your MSL code when prompted)

6. Select EVRC_B

7. Select Disable (The phone will restart when you exit the setting app)

This will correct the issue until a permanent fix is implemented.

• Like 2

HAHA great deal for only $250 outright. I got mine for $199 without counting taxes with 2 year contract but its not like I was going to leave Sprint anyways due to being on SERO.

But it does suck knowing that I could have upgraded yesterday for only $50 on 2 year contract.

Or $21.39 upgrade on amazon :-)

Sent from Evo

I have a question for you android folks: which of g2/nexus 5 already received the spark update and is able to select the band you're connecting to without major complications? Thanks.

The answer is neither. Only htc one max, gs4 mini and galaxy mega only got spark update thus far. G2 and nexus 5 are getting spark update in early 2014.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

I have a question for you android folks: which of g2/nexus 5 already received the spark update and is able to select the band you're connecting to without major complications? Thanks.

You can activate the other two bands on the G2 but you don't have Spark icon or whatever else comes with it. I can get B41 on my phone just fine.

• Like 1

Ok guys,

Trying to get the thought of everyone, on the RF on this G2. Thinking about getting on Sunday on this sale. Just little worried about the RF. At the beginning of this thread the RF was the best thing since slice bread. Then the N5 came, and screen post show  a couple of dbm difference. Now there has been talk about radio firmware upgrade testing and it has a sub par performance of the radio. 

So where does everyone stand on this? Is it that much of a difference from the N5? Will there be a update or status?  This is the only thing holding be back on the phone.

We're about to have AOKP support. CM support is likely. We have official PA support, too.

On top of that, we've got two LG stock based ROMs. Development is catching up. Hopefully we can get official Carbon and/or SlimRom support. Those were my two favorite on my GS3.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Ok guys,

Trying to get the thought of everyone, on the RF on this G2. Thinking about getting on Sunday on this sale. Just little worried about the RF. At the beginning of this thread the RF was the best thing since slice bread. Then the N5 came, and screen post show a couple of dbm difference. Now there has been talk about radio firmware upgrade testing and it has a sub par performance of the radio.

So where does everyone stand on this? Is it that much of a difference from the N5? Will there be a update or status? This is the only thing holding be back on the phone.

The G2 has similar signal strength as the Note 2 for me. Maybe 1 to 2dBm better. As for the N5, it's unbelievable how well it performs on LTE. However, the N5 never seems to pull the speeds on PCS LTE as my G2, despite the signal quality.

At the local dog track tonight, I had a -91 dBm rating while my brother's N5 had -78 in the same spot. However, a speed test on it I got 30mbps on LG G2 and about 21 on n5. It's pretty much reliability vs performance, where the G2 measures performance and N5 just gets signal and holds it in a lot more places. Places my G2 drops to 3G, the n5 can still pull 1 to 3mbps on LTE. Just saying.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Ok guys,

Trying to get the thought of everyone, on the RF on this G2. Thinking about getting on Sunday on this sale. Just little worried about the RF. At the beginning of this thread the RF was the best thing since slice bread. Then the N5 came, and screen post show  a couple of dbm difference. Now there has been talk about radio firmware upgrade testing and it has a sub par performance of the radio. 

So where does everyone stand on this? Is it that much of a difference from the N5? Will there be a update or status?  This is the only thing holding be back on the phone.

Based on what I have heard so far, LG is working on making tweaks and updates to the radio settings which will probably be made in the Android 4.4 update.  Don't quote me on it but I assume that LG and Sprint are fully aware of any shortcomings thus far in the RF dept.

Ok guys,

Trying to get the thought of everyone, on the RF on this G2. Thinking about getting on Sunday on this sale. Just little worried about the RF. At the beginning of this thread the RF was the best thing since slice bread. Then the N5 came, and screen post show a couple of dbm difference. Now there has been talk about radio firmware upgrade testing and it has a sub par performance of the radio.

So where does everyone stand on this? Is it that much of a difference from the N5? Will there be a update or status? This is the only thing holding be back on the phone.

Mine handles pretty good for me. I don't have many complaints about the strength of my signal. My phone has held lte at -121 then picked up another tower.

Not all of the g2 are slouches for rf. My co-worker has one and his holds excellent signal. When compared to mine in signalcheck his is close to -10 dbm better than mine. Some are hot for rf while some are not. With that being said I've never had an issue with the connection I've had and my phone actually held a very usable lte signal to the back of my local Walmart the first day I had my phone.

My phone also grabs lte time to time from another tower other than my home one less than a half mile away. My home tower is not done yet for lte so the next closest one is prolly 4-5 miles away. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

ANDDDDD! I've got a screenshot of my phone being connected to a tower 16 miles away for 1x800. Just more icing on the cake...