LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

After three calls to Best Buy, I cannot cancel my order. Looks like I won't get my preorders until next week despite having two on hold tomorrow. Best Buy definitely gets an F in the customer service department.

Thanks for saving me the effort.  I guess I'll have to wait too.  Were you able to at least expedite your shipping?  I stuck with the free shipping because I assumed since it was pre-order, they would ship in time to be here on the 8th.

Would it help to go to a store and try?  I was at a BB Mobile over the weekend.  After the manager confirmed the online deal, he told me if they had them in stock he would sell me one and cancel my online order.  He also said no GC, but he would sell it to me for $50 to match the online deal.

Of course, they didn't have them in stock.

...............Best Buy in Culver City (Los Angeles) apparently is selling them a day early First Come First Serve 99 $ but no gift card. Gift cards only for online purchase........

Argh! Was told to come and pick up my phone at Best Buy Mobile but when I got there I was told they couldn't sell it until tomorrow. The associate was very apologetic and he promised to hook me up with some G2 swag for the inconvenience. Anyone who gets their phone today should feel blessed/lucky/charmed/chosen/fortunate/special or otherwise extraordinary.

I was actually able to touch my phone, but that's it. I can confirm, in case there was any remaining debate on this forum, the black version has a mic on top and NOT on the back a la AT&T.

Thanks for saving me the effort. I guess I'll have to wait too. Were you able to at least expedite your shipping? I stuck with the free shipping because I assumed since it was pre-order, they would ship in time to be here on the 8th.

Would it help to go to a store and try? I was at a BB Mobile over the weekend. After the manager confirmed the online deal, he told me if they had them in stock he would sell me one and cancel my online order. He also said no GC, but he would sell it to me for $50 to match the online deal.

Of course, they didn't have them in stock.

Lucky I tried to do that for a different store but both stores have them in stock. I haven't went to the store yet was on the phone but as soon as I can. All will know if I can get it today.

After three calls to Best Buy, I cannot cancel my order. Looks like I won't get my preorders until next week despite having two on hold tomorrow. Best Buy definitely gets an F in the customer service department.

What if you try picking up the two you have on hold tomorrow.. see if you get the discounted upgrade price. I would imagine that if you've already paid for your online order, BB can't re-charge you off-contract price. Worst case scenario is the phones in-store ring up at the off-contract price, so you say no thanks. Who knows, you might end up with 4 phones at the discounted price! ;)

-Mike

Oh, happy day!!!! Its here!! :lol: It actually got here around 9:30 this morning only 14 hours after I got my shipping confirmation email. I finally got to lay my eyes on it but don't have time to activate it for a couple of hours yet. :(

Oh, happy day!!!! Its here!! :lol: It actually got here around 9:30 this morning only 14 hours after I got my shipping confirmation email. I finally got to lay my eyes on it but don't have time to activate it for a couple of hours yet. :(

We'll all stay tuned for some results!

Edited by The_Chemist

You guys are actually able to get the $99 Upgrade price in-store? They told me $199 on Upgrade.

Anyway, the attempt they made to give me in-store pickup today failed. So I just got everything switched back over to my address. I might go into the store anyway and ask what they can do.

You guys are actually able to get the $99 Upgrade price in-store? They told me $199 on Upgrade.

Anyway, the attempt they made to give me in-store pickup today failed. So I just got everything switched back over to my address. I might go into the store anyway and ask what they can do.

Okay.  Here's what I just did.  I'm getting the same price as online in store tomorrow morning.

1. I cancelled my Bestbuy.com Preorder.  (You lose your $50 eGiftCard from doing this.)

2. Called my local Best Buy, which has stock available and will activate for me tomorrow.)

3. Grabbed my old Blackberry 8330 and will trade it in for the $50 GiftCard promo at Bestbuy tomorrow so in theory, I'll be getting the same deal and I will now have an S2 as a backup device (since my father will be getting my s3.)

4. Profit!

• Like 3

I guess that is the risk you take when you want that extra $50 gift card.  I guess it just depends if it is worth it to you.  Sprint preorders seem to be on schedule for tomorrow as far as I have heard.  At least you aren't paying $199 with 2 year contract for the G2 like I am.

Ask for them to price match when you go into the store and bring a printout of the preorder page

The problem is that now I am told I can cancel my preorder, but the gift card I used somehow "doesn't pull up" in the system and my wife shredded it a week ago since it was $0 balance. The guy I am on hold with on the phone is checking to see if they can possibly figure out how to reimburse the $78 I used in gift card money or I may be out $78 by canceling...

When would be an acceptable time in the morning to call if someone has not received a shipping confirmation? If I don't have one by in the morning I'm calling to complain and see if they would expedite shipping for free due to the trouble of the pre-order.. This is ridiculous.. Sprints are shipping and ours don't even have a release date on the best buy shop just says coming soon..

When would be an acceptable time in the morning to call if someone has not received a shipping confirmation? If I don't have one by in the morning I'm calling to complain and see if they would expedite shipping for free due to the trouble of the pre-order.. This is ridiculous.. Sprints are shipping and ours don't even have a release date on the best buy shop just says coming soon..

After 40 minutes with this Best Buy CSR on the phone, he insisted that Best Buy does not offer any sort of expedited shipping, even at an additional cost. He said I might lose my gift card amount since I cannot provide proof I had a card since my wife shredded it. After talking to a supervisor, they pulled up the number. I cancelled my order and called the store I called earlier to confirm that I have two phones sitting aside for me. I have to wait up to two weeks for a new gift card to be sent to me, so I guess I am stuck with $80+$100 gift card from the preorder offer. The store I called also confirmed that they will honor the gift cards for the website. Lesson learned: Don't preorder online from Bestbuy.com.

• Like 1

After 40 minutes with this Best Buy CSR on the phone, he insisted that Best Buy does not offer any sort of expedited shipping, even at an additional cost. He said I might lose my gift card amount since I cannot provide proof I had a card since my wife shredded it. After talking to a supervisor, they pulled up the number. I cancelled my order and called the store I called earlier to confirm that I have two phones sitting aside for me. I have to wait up to two weeks for a new gift card to be sent to me, so I guess I am stuck with $80+$100 gift card from the preorder offer. The store I called also confirmed that they will honor the gift cards for the website. Lesson learned: Don't preorder online from Bestbuy.com.

What do you mean they will honor the gift cards for the website?

Edit due to not ever quoting anyone before.. Hit enter to early

Edited by iruntrains

After hearing your story, I am kinda glad I didn't preorder from Best Buy even if I could.  Seems like that $50 gift card just isn't worth it.

I'm just going to wait out my Best Buy online order, although it would be nice to have this in my hands tomorrow.  Not worth the hassle of trying to cancel.  Who knows, by the time this ships to me the S4T may be announced and I will have changed my mind on the G2.  The $100 sale price with $50 GC was really the tipping point of me getting this device vice a different tri-band.

This is why I hate to deal with Bust Buy. Thie following example is just one of many of my bad experiences with Bust Buy. A couple of years ago, I ordered a laptop in early November from BB that I was going to give as a Christmas gift. Two weeks later I get an email from BB that they could not fulfill this order in time for Christmas. If it was a gift to call customer service and cancel - which I did. I ordered a similar laptop elsewhere. Low and behold 4 days later the BB laptop shows up at my house after I was emailed by BB saying they couldn't fulfill the order in time for Christmas. I called customer service who told me to just return it to any store to get my refund. I went to the Harrisburg store and they refunded all except my shipping costs. The store manager told me there was no way to refund shipping charges from an online order. Furious I stomp home and call BB customer service. I fought at every level and they refused to refund shipping. I explained that I received an email from BB stating they couldn't fulfill the order in time for Christmas and I was to call and cancel the order which showed up anyway. They couldn't have cared less. I was out the $30 shipping charge because of their error. Since then, as this was one of many bad experiences, I refuse to ever patronize BUST BUY again.

Sorry for the rant, but I know what you are going through. We are all looking forward to these new LG G2 tri band devices, and can't wait to get our hands on one - then you have to deal with all this extra hassle.

Lucky for me, mine will be here tomorrow from Sprint. The very best of luck to you, getting your two for you and your wife.

She is ruthlessly efficient!

Robert

I have had a problem returning something before that had I used a $50 gift card/credit card for the rest on.  I trashed the gift card and when I came to return said item, they refunded me the exact money on my credit card and the $50 on the gift card.  I told them I didn't have that gift card anymore and it took them a few hours to void the transaction and it seemed to speed things up when I asked if I could just get the entire refund on a best buy gift card.  But now I'm paying for my entire LG G2 via gift cards so I kept my gift cards in my wallet after preordering online just in case and whadda ya know? :P

Poor Dave.  Hope they do something for you for all of the inconvenience.

It seems like the policy for Best Buy is dependent on who you talk to at the time. It took 4 calls to CSR to get someone who could honor a cancelation. It took two different people before they could reimburse my gift card. At least the Best Buy Mobile store at The Avenues seems friendly and helpful. They set two aside from me and said they would honor the $99+$50 gift card. We will see tomorrow when cash is in hand. I asked if I could come by tonight to pick it up since I will be up there, but after a brief hold, I was told no...was worth a shot. I'm not going to sleep tonight. I wish I could call out sick... It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow.