LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

That is a crock of you know what....how can you return something you never even had?!?! The preorder period I've waited has been longer than the 14 day trial period....I certainly hope this isn't true....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I questioned the Sprint sales rep and repeated what he said to me. He replied: " that is correct your 14 day return period starts from the date the phone is ordered - not the date you receive it".

I was kind of in limbo, or I would have ordered from Bust Buy. I had such a disaster with the 2 previous Samsung Galaxy Note 3's that I first tried on Sprint, so I cancelled my new contract at 12 days. I re-joined now that tri band is available. Technically I was still a Sprint customer until 45 days passed. At least I got the pre- order price from Sprint.

about the 14 day return policy the day your ordered, not received.... it's crap and Dell is even worse. If your item is delayed for whatever reason that also counts toward your days. I canceled a refurbished monitor from them because it was delayed 2 weeks which would cut into the 30 day return policy a ton. Such bad policy, should be the day you RECEIVED the item, not ordered :(

about the 14 day return policy the day your ordered, not received.... it's crap and Dell is even worse. If your item is delayed for whatever reason that also counts toward your days. I canceled a refurbished monitor from them because it was delayed 2 weeks which would cut into the 30 day return policy a ton. Such bad policy, should be the day you RECEIVED the item, not ordered :(

I agree, I find this to be somewhat shady to consider the device under "trial period" when it's on an UPS truck.

Considering the storyline up to this point, is anyone really going to be surprised if they don't get their phone on Friday? Not me.

Preordered in store. Will pick up in store. I will get the $50 gift card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Same here, except they gave me the gift card in the store the day I pre-ordered. I can use it to pay the balance, or for something else.

I questioned the Sprint sales rep and repeated what he said to me. He replied: " that is correct your 14 day return period starts from the date the phone is ordered - not the date you receive it".

I don't think the rep was correct.  The 14 days doesn't start until you activate the device.  Per http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/.

"We love our products and services, and we think you will, too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new product for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase, and contact us within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the product is activated)......"

I don't think the rep was correct.  The 14 days doesn't start until you activate the device.  Per http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/.

"We love our products and services, and we think you will, too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new product for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase, and contact us within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the product is activated)......"

OK, That's encouraging  Hopefully, that rep didn't know what he was talking about!

I'm really not getting a good feeling about Friday delivery though...

Good luck to us all!

I was kind of in limbo, or I would have ordered from Bust Buy. I had such a disaster with the 2 previous Samsung Galaxy Note 3's that I first tried on Sprint, so I cancelled my new contract at 12 days. I re-joined now that tri band is available. Technically I was still a Sprint customer until 45 days passed. At least I got the pre- order price from Sprint.

I agree with this statement.  It definitely makes sense that the policy is within 14 days of activation because it doesn't make any sense that the clock starts as soon as you preorder it especially when Sprint knew internally that the LG G2 wasn't going to be released until a month later.  I wouldn't worry about it and I certainly wouldn't cancel your preorder in fear of this. 

Remember that the information was gathered from a regular joe schmo Sprint rep so that has to tell you something about their credibility.  We know at S4GRU that Sprint phone and chat CSRs are not the most reliable sources of information.

OK, That's encouraging  Hopefully, that rep didn't know what he was talking about!

I'm really not getting a good feeling about Friday delivery though...

Good luck to us all!

If there is one thing I've learned from working in and calling customer supports, it's that the Rep is not always right.

I agree with this statement.  It definitely makes sense that the policy is within 14 days of activation because it doesn't make any sense that the clock starts as soon as you preorder it especially when Sprint knew internally that the LG G2 wasn't going to be released until a month later.  I wouldn't worry about it and I certainly wouldn't cancel your preorder in fear of this. 

Remember that the information was gathered from a regular joe schmo Sprint rep so that has to tell you something about their credibility.  We know at S4GRU that Sprint phone and chat CSRs are not the most reliable sources of information.

Hey, thanks!  I'm not going to cancel my pre-order.  I'll wait it out.  Sprint has got the best signal in my area and a tri band phone is exactly what I need for the in-building penetration. 

I joind this forum because of people like you; who are well educated and know what is really going on.  I can't even begin to thank all of you enough for all the information I have learned.  I really find it fascinating to read articles by A J and Robert ,that go into such technical knowledge annd detail. 

• Like 3

Same here, except they gave me the gift card in the store the day I pre-ordered. I can use it to pay the balance, or for something else.

Best Buy uses the $50 gift card as a deposit. You will be getting another $50 gift card via email after you purchase the phone.

I joind this forum because of people like you; who are well educated and know what is really going on.  I can't even begin to thank all of you enough for all the information I have learned.  I really find it fascinating to read articles by A J and Robert ,that go into such technical knowledge annd detail. 

Thank you.  We appreciate the positive feedback.

AJ

Sprint's 14 day policy is split into two.

1. The 14 day period starts from the day it is shipped.

2. If the phone is activated, it starts from the day it is activated. (New lines of service are usually shipped activated so you can use them immediately).

It is setup this way just in case you receive the phone but don't activate it and return it unopened. Unopened devices are not subject to restocking fees, etc. because they are still sealed and can be resold as new. The 14 day period can't start from activation date as the phone was never activated, hence the dual return window.

None of this matters in retail settings obviously.

I figured that each box would come with the SIM Card. I can understand the Google Flavors not coming with them being they aren't subsidized through Sprint.

I was just thinking. Since I'm buying an LG G2 from Best Buy, will they include the necessary SIM card, or will I need to fight to get one with all the Nexus 5 people?

The LG G2 should be no different from the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4.  It will come with a removable SIM that is already installed.

AJ

• Like 1

Best Buy uses the $50 gift card as a deposit. You will be getting another $50 gift card via email after you purchase the phone.

I wouldn't complain if they sent me another $50 gift card, but I don't think it's going to work out that way. I paid $50 cash as a deposit and was given the $50 gift card right then and there to cover the remaining $50 balance when the phone arrives.

Only thing I could do as a SERO acct holder: I bought out my contract for $150 and now I'm going to see if the store near me will have any on Friday to upgrade.  I'm almost there

Sucks that I can't take advantage of Best Buy or Amazon, but my small bill is worth it.

Edited by Just1G

At work and will watch when I get home. Does he state how he got his early?

There are a couple spots in the video where he mentions getting it early but it seems he edited out the follow-on sentence of how.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk