LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

sorry for the language ..

This is part you tell me, but when I click NO does nothing ...

attachicon.gif 2015-01-31-10-12-151.png

Go to settings

Under wireless network click more

Go down and click on mobile networks

What does it say for network mode?

ok

but there is no network ...

otherwise, this phone is root to work gsm, cdma sprint no

It's an LS980? You can flash LS980 stock Sprint firmware on it to connect it to CDMA. Surprising you have GSM signal...what Sim card you have in it?

Let me find the link for LS980 stock flasher.

Edit: If you're running a GSM carrier on your G2, it will not be compatible with LTE bands other than Sprints 25, 26, and 41.

Here is the link to return to stock. If you plan on flashing anything, you WILL have your data wiped. Just a warning ahead of time. You need to backup anything important prior to flashing back to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

Sent from my M8

It's an LS980? You can flash LS980 stock Sprint firmware on it to connect it to CDMA. Surprising you have GSM signal...what Sim card you have in it?

Let me find the link for LS980 stock flasher.

Edit: If you're running a GSM carrier on your G2, it will not be compatible with LTE bands other than Sprints 25, 26, and 41.

Here is the link to return to stock. If you plan on flashing anything, you WILL have your data wiped. Just a warning ahead of time. You need to backup anything important prior to flashing back to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

Sent from my M8

Thanks for the help. This was more then I knew. Soon as he said root I was done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It appears I'll be in Spark area soon. I've been randomly switching from Band 26 to 41 today. It should improve as time progress but it looking outstanding thus far.  See link at Imgur for photo pics...

http://imgur.com/Ij1khua,VEfss0F,TaJBnSv,lN67ZlH#0

What is the best brand 10ft charger for this phone? Mine is frayed now where it plugs into the phone and loses connection every now and then..thanks!

That is just the USB cable, which plugs into the standard charger. Any heavy duty USB cable with the correct ends should work (no thin cables)

I wondeer when the LG G2 will get the Lollipop update.  I check the RDF page and it still says 4.4.2.  LG has already released the LG G3 Lollipop update so I don't see why there is a hold up still.

• Like 1

I wondeer when the LG G2 will get the Lollipop update.  I check the RDF page and it still says 4.4.2.  LG has already released the LG G3 Lollipop update so I don't see why there is a hold up still.

Prayers have been answered....Just posted an update to the RDF site. 5.0.2!!! Congrats G2 Folks!

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

• Like 6

Prayers have been answered....Just posted an update to the RDF site. 5.0.2!!! Congrats G2 Folks!

Wow thanks for the update man!! However I read now that an Android 5.1 baseline is going to be released soon so I would expect that to provide a lot of useful features.  Hopefully we don't get shafted in features for Android 5.0.2 baseline.

• Like 1

I could never read these. Could you please explain where it says about the update to 5.0.2???

It renders properly in internet explorer, try it

Ah, Okay..thanks. Now that makes far more sense when in that format. I was using Mozilla Firefox and it's all run on characters left to right so it looked like gibberish.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for shedding some light on the RDF update to 5.0.2. It's good to know Sprint finally has it and working on it.

* At this point what's the probable drop date for OTA from Sprint. Nothing concrete just a estimate. Best guess...

Thanks to everyone for shedding some light on the RDF update to 5.0.2. It's good to know Sprint finally has it and working on it.

* At this point what's the probable drop date for OTA from Sprint. Nothing concrete just a estimate. Best guess...

Looking around old Samsung threads people were saying OTA a week or two after the RDF. Although of course it's possible with a major release like this it could be longer...
  • Like 1

Looking around old Samsung threads people were saying OTA a week or two after the RDF. Although of course it's possible with a major release like this it could be longer...

I would guesstimate in 2nd QTR 2015 but wasn't really sure that's why I asked.

Thanks

Been wondering if wifi calling is included. Saw only two hits on wifi directly.