LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

you should seriously consider buying it off contract

No doubt, I am on the family share pack plan & only looking at used off contract. These are going under 200 on swappa and often even less on craigslist

No doubt, I am on the family share pack plan & only looking at used off contract. These are going under 200 on swappa and often even less on craigslist

If you rely on GPS for anything I would stay away. I love the phone overall.

if your going to go the cm12 rout, i would actually skip the G2

CM12 is very buggy as of now ... I think the most stable AOSP on LS989 (Sprint variant) is probably AICP KitKat.

Thanks! This is good info. I am not too worried about the software, pretty sure I will be able to mod in a way that is workable for me. Mostly just looking to see opinions on if the radio performance made a large enough leap between 1st gen tri-band and the 2014 crop of phones that I should avoid the G2. Because in terms of specs, form factor, battery size etc it seems pretty much ideal.

Update: I picked up a white G2 on Craigslist for $150. I am really enjoying CM12, it runs just beautifully. See builds at http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamose/timpohladthomas/cm-12.0-experimental/. I don't think I'll go back to KitKat but if LG puts out an L based update I could imagine reverting to stock, in general I like what LG has done with the software on their recent phones.

• Like 1

Now that B26 is powering on in my area, it appears the G2 is a rather weak/mediocre performer in regards to B26. My other devices (Note 4 and GS5) have much better B26 performance.

Anyone else getting different results?

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

My G2 is great on all bands, honestly, my G2 is great at everything EXCEPT GPS, even after sending in for service and you know, I'm ok with that. Lol

My N5 is great at GPS and so, so disappointing in the battery department and the radio performance is too good at hanging on which makes for some weird (unpredictable) data connection behavior.

G2 has been my favorite daily driver so far. 

Are we ever going to get wifi calling on the G2? Has anyone heard anything about that?

Been 2 OTAs since Sprint started rolling out WiFi Calling to devices. And in one of Sprints press releases they mention the only device in their network without WiFi Calling is the iPhone.

Sent from my 831C

Just got my LG G2 back from LG.   This is the second time they had to fix my screen.    Hopefully this time it doesn't mess up again.   I really hate the problems I'm having with this phone and want to sell it, but then after a few minutes with it again I'm in love all over again.   This is a gorgeous phone and perfect size, IMO.  

My work got me an iPhone 6, but the screen size is horrible.   I had to use a Note 2 while my phone was being worked on and it's just massive.   My wife has an LG G3, which has a bigger screen, but it's still just a tad too big for my liking.   I will say out of all 5.5" phones, the G3 is hands down the best for how small, yet big it is.

Now time for me to enjoy my G2 again! :)

• Like 1

Just got my LG G2 back from LG.   This is the second time they had to fix my screen.    Hopefully this time it doesn't mess up again.   I really hate the problems I'm having with this phone and want to sell it, but then after a few minutes with it again I'm in love all over again.   This is a gorgeous phone and perfect size, IMO.  

My work got me an iPhone 6, but the screen size is horrible.   I had to use a Note 2 while my phone was being worked on and it's just massive.   My wife has an LG G3, which has a bigger screen, but it's still just a tad too big for my liking.   I will say out of all 5.5" phones, the G3 is hands down the best for how small, yet big it is.

Now time for me to enjoy my G2 again! :)

I just got myself an HTC One M8 since it had a good deal w/ Easy Pay and I'm already missing my G2 a bit.  The G2 is just perfect with it's DT2W.  The M8 has a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE power button placement.  The M8 can't be turned on while it's laying down on a flat surface, even with DT2W...it has to be picked up before it will turn that feature on.  It's taking a bit of getting used to but the B26 signal is better on the M8.  I'm about to grab an SD card for extra storage which will be nice but I'm still missing my G2.  The rest of the phones are just too big...Sprint's definitely catering to the phablet lovers, but what about the people that want flagship w/ compact size?!  Hoping 2015 is better for Sprint.  I'm trying to force myself to like the M8 but the G2 is just too convenient with shape/size and button placement/ease of use.

(Wouldn't mind a Z4 Compact on Sprint either.)

... The rest of the phones are just too big...

This was my feeling as well-- in fact I was reluctant to move off of the Optimus G because I felt even the G2 was too large. But now having a G2 and using it for a while, I am loving the curves (using a case by speck which is great) and also I have realized everything about android is designed for this size of a screen and text is much more readable at arm's length now, videos are much larger as they can fill the whole screen etc. Great phone, great size. I guess next year I'll "discover" that the Note 4 is the perfect size...

This was my feeling as well-- in fact I was reluctant to move off of the Optimus G because I felt even the G2 was too large. But now having a G2 and using it for a while, I am loving the curves (using a case by speck which is great) and also I have realized everything about android is designed for this size of a screen and text is much more readable at arm's length now, videos are much larger as they can fill the whole screen etc. Great phone, great size. I guess next year I'll "discover" that the Note 4 is the perfect size...

The G2 is perfect size for me and I've gradually adjusted to the phone size increases over the last few years but I've tried the G3/Note 4 and they're just too big. 

• Like 1

The G2 is perfect size for me and I've gradually adjusted to the phone size increases over the last few years but I've tried the G3/Note 4 and they're just too big. 

I loved my G2 and still do but the G3 and the GPS was worth the upgrade. I love the G3. My wife said she didn't like the G2 and went back to her S4T. So my son is rocking the G2.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The advantage is you get faster internet speeds. If there are any band 41 towers in your area this will allow you to connect. If you go into the ##3282# screen and go to lte and click edit you can enable the other two bands.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

hello
including this key ## 3282 # to the issue of LTE, but when I try to turn on the LTE asks me a pass, someone knows what?

hello

including this key ## 3282 # to the issue of LTE, but when I try to turn on the LTE asks me a pass, someone knows what?

If you have a G2 that is up to date then all three bands should be active.

Si usted entra en los ajustes y hacia abajo para la actualización del sistema, entonces usted debe ver el perfil de actualización. Eso no debería requerir un código de servicio.

OKS encontrar lo que estás diciendo ...
pero no me deja hacer nada ..

OKS encontrar lo que estás diciendo ...

pero no me deja hacer nada ..

Type in English please. Took to long for me figure that out. Post a screen shot of you are getting?