LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Sadly.... no.  LG's support of the dev community has driven us back to a much much more accepting mfg that many of us have never walked away from, but have two timed with LG because we really did love the G2 platform.  There is no reason we (as G2 users) should be forced to use a radio/firmware combo that is 3 updates behind because of their locking policies and software dependencies.  

I will say this though, the G2 is still my most favorite Android device, I held on to it the longest out of any device, all the way back to 2004.  If it weren't for the complete lack of GPS, even after sending to LG for repair, I'd probably keep my G2 or at least not be worried about keeping it and giving to a family member.  LG did a great job with the device but with no support for the Dev community, it is time to move on to greener pastures. We'll be rolling pretty with the new device though so pretty excited about getting back to what we love.  :)

whose that accepting mfg??

• 2 weeks later...

ZVG?!

It was ZVF before but I guess in internal testing they found a bug so it is now ZVG.  Honestly I had hoped that the ZVG update would have bumped the Android baseline to 5.1 but that is wishful thinking on my part.

It was ZVF before but I guess in internal testing they found a bug so it is now ZVG.  Honestly I had hoped that the ZVG update would have bumped the Android baseline to 5.1 but that is wishful thinking on my part.

When are you thinking we should be receiving this update? Shouldn't it be within a week or so?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Sprint goofed and made me give back my LG G2, which was put on my sis-in-laws line when her HTC one m8 started giving probs.

The HTC was financed back before this easy-pay stuff started..when Sprint first started doing the financing stuff...so it was an older finance plan... But all i did was change the phones via internet, did it myself by doing sprint.com and activating on her line (the G2).

The billing and all remained, but the phone being financed was not in use, and the G2 was paid for (actually it was my old phone from when I upgraded to G3 last year).

When I took my S-I-L to get her Galaxy Note Edge this past saturday, they said the giveback device was the LG G2, NOT the HTC...

I tried explaining that they were wrong, and the giveback should be the HTC...but I finally just said "I don't care..take whatever phone you want...I just wanted it as a spare anyway in the event something happens to one of my other lines."

Wonder if they'll catch the mistake? I bet the store will be at fault for it (could've looked at the financing detail documents in my account and saw that the HTC one was financed, not the G2).

As with all updates keep an eye out on the LG Open Source website. The source code update is usually posted there several days before the actual update is pushed out.

http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=ls980

ZVG is up there now. Is there a way to check if the OTA is up without flashing to stock? Post if you've got it
  • Like 2

ZVG is up there now. Is there a way to check if the OTA is up without flashing to stock? Post if you've got it

Sweet. That means the code is finished. So now it's up to sprint to hit the button to push out the update. Probably will see it next week.

Once the update starts going out I'm sure someone will release an update zip file on xda.

• Like 1

Once the update starts going out I'm sure someone will release an update zip file on xda.

I'm on the "Grola" ROM, I will have to figure out how to do a total revert using the lg flash tool...

:clap: Now that the Source Code has been posted on LG's official Open Source Code Distribution for Sprint's G2 here's some inside information I came across in regards to the OTA push.

* :deal:  Sprint's G2 Lollipop update 5.0.2 will beginning rolling out on the 27th. It will also include an update to the FM Radio software. :bullhorn:

Looking forward to Monday :banana:

• Like 2

:clap: Now that the Source Code has been posted on LG's official Open Source Code Distribution for Sprint's G2 here's some inside information I came across in regards to the OTA push.

* :deal:  Sprint's G2 Lollipop update 5.0.2 will beginning rolling out on the 27th. It will also include an update to the FM Radio software. :bullhorn:

Looking forward to Monday :banana:

Oops, you're right.  I was thinking of phone releases, not OTAs.  According to the last two OTAs (looked it up this time.) Monday is definitely looking good.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011

Honestly I can care less about the update if it don't have wifi calling.  I'm happy with what I have until then.

I was on Vacation out in BreckenRidge, Colorado last month.  Signal was great until you got into the mountains.  WiFi calling really helped when we were at our lodge, as Sprint signal only reached upstairs.  Downstairs, WiFi calling was awesome.  I'd much rather them add WiFi calling to the G2, but it's also aging so they may not focus much on adding it at this point.

I'd much rather than add WiFi calling to the G2, but it's also aging so they may not focus much on adding it at this point.

I'm just being hopeful. Especially since they where suppose to make the IU ( I think that's it) more like the G3. Figure they would just throw it right in there with it.  I also figure this will be the last major update for this phone due to it's age anyways.

• Like 1

I was on Vacation out in BreckenRidge, Colorado last month.  Signal was great until you got into the mountains.  WiFi calling really helped when we were at our lodge, as Sprint signal only reached upstairs.  Downstairs, WiFi calling was awesome.  I'd much rather them add WiFi calling to the G2, but it's also aging so they may not focus much on adding it at this point.

So you were WiFi calling on another phone or the G2?  I've really only tried Hangouts Dialer for Wifi calls on my stock KK G2 and the echoes were horrible.

I was on Vacation out in BreckenRidge, Colorado last month. Signal was great until you got into the mountains. WiFi calling really helped when we were at our lodge, as Sprint signal only reached upstairs. Downstairs, WiFi calling was awesome. I'd much rather them add WiFi calling to the G2, but it's also aging so they may not focus much on adding it at this point.

They never ever had any plans to add wifi calling to the g2.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So you were WiFi calling on another phone or the G2? I've really only tried Hangouts Dialer for Wifi calls on my stock KK G2 and the echoes were horrible.

I was on the HTC One M8 using WiFi calling then. My brother used my G2 that I missed with a T-Mobile ROM (he's on Tmo.)

They never ever had any plans to add wifi calling to the g2.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That sucks a lot. Do you know why? Seems like every single other phone aside from the N5 will have it.

Sent from my LG G2

• Like 1

I was on the HTC One M8 using WiFi calling then. My brother used my G2 that I missed with a T-Mobile ROM (he's on Tmo.)

That sucks a lot. Do you know why? Seems like every single other phone aside from the N5 will have it.

Sent from my LG G2

Because reasons I guess. It was an outlier I noticed instantly when I saw the wifi calling documents. 

Well the update is officially posted on Sprint's site.  Keep an eye out for it on your phone. And no, there is no wifi calling. 

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011

• Like 4