LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Mine normally defaults all values to 1 but it didnt this time.

I don't know about yours since I'm not there to see it however it has done it in the past every time I force push a prl/profile update.

priority 1 for band 41, 2 for band 26 and 3 for band 25 all get defaulted to priority 1 which changes the radio bands of that order.

My bands at

25 is 1

26 is 2

41 is 3

Only thing I can tell is I'm roaming, no data just getting voice. I'll ask my father in the morning if he is roaming( he's got boost with a s2) I don't think its a outage as much as the prl imo right now.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

My bands at

25 is 1

26 is 2

41 is 3

Only thing I can tell is I'm roaming, no data just getting voice. I'll ask my father in the morning if he is roaming( he's got boost with a s2) I don't think its a outage as much as the prl imo right now.

Edit: apparently there is a outage in my area, just coincident the prl update then going in to roaming I guess.

Woo hoo... Found a shortcut app that brings you to where you choose global, lte/cdma, cdma, or gsm... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=diewland.settings.mobilenetworks

I get tired of going through 4 or 5 clicks through the settings to get here to change it.. I live right on the edge of a lte tower and it messes with battery and incoming call signal so I change it to cdma and it works a lot better.. This app takes you right to the menu for that..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Woo hoo... Found a shortcut app that brings you to where you choose global, lte/cdma, cdma, or gsm... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=diewland.settings.mobilenetworks

I get tired of going through 4 or 5 clicks through the settings to get here to change it.. I live right on the edge of a lte tower and it messes with battery and incoming call signal so I change it to cdma and it works a lot better.. This app takes you right to the menu for that..

I have 3 clicks to get to that option... Bring down drawer, hold down the data option and click on network mode. I guess you have a different preferred method...

• Like 3

I have 3 clicks to get to that option... Bring down drawer, hold down the data option and click on network mode. I guess you have a different preferred method...

Thanks for that. I had no idea you could do that. 

• Like 1

I, too, just got the PRL update. I was sitting in the only class in school that I get an LTE connection, and it forced it to my phone. Nothing noticeably different with it yet.  

I was experiencing massive battery drain on LG G2... Think I might know why...

I was using Google Search widgets on both my home screen and lock screen... I'm no longer using Google Search widgets and battery is looking pretty good.

Can those with battery drain verify how accurate this is?

FYI: I cleared cache from Google Search as well.

I was experiencing massive battery drain on LG G2... Think I might know why...

I was using Google Search widgets on both my home screen and lock screen... I'm no longer using Google Search widgets and battery is looking pretty good.

Can those with battery drain verify how accurate this is?

FYI: I cleared cache from Google Search as well.

Google now is doing both location recording and history, also both Gps and Wifi location are ON. I'm on latest stock ROM as well.

Was just watching a video on my phone and the phone just rebooted by itself. Phone is starting to act weird.

Think you may have held the power button down? I have held it down before ( tight jeans plus towel) and it restarted.

Think you may have held the power button down? I have held it down before ( tight jeans plus towel) and it restarted.

Laying flat on the table without my hands touching it. It just went straight to the Sprint Spark screen.

FYI......

Some information I came across in regards to the Sprint PRL push.

On Thursday, 2/27/14, Sprint will release PRLs ending in xxx00 and xxx18 to OTA servers. These PRLs will be released to drive additional cost savings for Sprint and Affiliates across several roaming markets. To realize these savings, Sprint will begin proactively pushing the National PRL to subscribers with push-capable handsets/PDAs in these markets, then to the entire base.  "

How will these PRL's reduce costs?        Less roaming

Just thought I'd pass this along. :welc2:

• Like 1

FYI......

Some information I came across in regards to the Sprint PRL push.

" On Thursday, 2/27/14, Sprint will release PRLs ending in xxx00 and xxx18 to OTA servers. These PRLs will be released to drive additional cost savings for Sprint and Affiliates across several roaming markets. To realize these savings, Sprint will begin proactively pushing the National PRL to subscribers with push-capable handsets/PDAs in these markets, then to the entire base. "

How will these PRL's reduce costs? Less roaming

Just thought I'd pass this along. :welc2:

Wonder what Sprint is going to do for roaming when MetroPCS CDMA is fully decommissioned in my market? Seem to always show them in signal check. Even then when I go to make a call it ends up going over to Verizon 1x. Amazing how you can go from -110 signal roaming on metro to a -82 signal with roaming on Verizon.

I don't see why that would be a problem

Posted Image

At least hope you can text while on the phone. Can't when you roam on Metro. I can't get a single one to send or receive. Always been this way regardless of what phone I have had.

If anyone is interested I might make a review on a case I just ordered, the zerolemon battery case. I know zerolemon from my note 2 and was happy, hope I'll be the same with this case. I'll keep everyone posted on it.