LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone else get static with their music via Bluetooth in their vehicles? I switch to FM radio, no static as higher volumes. Bluetooth (Pandora high quality and using Power amp with .flac quality songs) still introduce static sounds at higher volumes. Anyone else with this issue? Sent from my LG-G2

That's at least one issue my G2 does not have. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe LTD with Infinity 7.1 sound. The Bluetooth connection to my G2 is outstanding. No artifact noises, just plain high quality music.

I have pandora set to HQ and it sounds awesome. Are you using Power Amp with EQ?

My G2 over Bluetooth easily matches the input volume levels of FM, CD, AUX In, USB In.

That's at least one issue my G2 does not have. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe LTD with Infinity 7.1 sound. The Bluetooth connection to my G2 is outstanding. No artifact noises, just plain high quality music.

I have pandora set to HQ and it sounds awesome. Are you using Power Amp with EQ?

My G2 over Bluetooth easily matches the input volume levels of FM, CD, AUX In, USB In.

Okay, it's either my custom kernel or the new 2014 Civic. I updated my kernel so I'll see if it's that.

Sent from my LG-G2

Okay, it's either my custom kernel or the new 2014 Civic. I updated my kernel so I'll see if it's that.

Sent from my LG-G2

Do you have a friend who has a device you could try via Bluetooth on your 2014 Civic? That could rule out the Civic and its audio system.

I guess LG and Sprint want to release a Spark update on Android 4.2.2 first.  I assume LG and Sprint are holding off on KitKat until Google stops releasing mini patches with the Nexus 5 and the Spark enhancements are stable first.  I hope the KitKat update comes out around March or so with the very latest Android baseline which currently is 4.4.2.

LG isn't waiting for Google to stop releasing updates, they (and most other wireless providers) just spend a lot of time making their own specific tweaks to Android.. hiding features, custom skins, adding bloatware, etc. And lots of testing.. obviously no company wants to push out an update that lights up their customer support lines (or inboxes) because of a preventable problem.

-Mike

I'll try my Brother's N5. Thanks for the tip.

I haven't had any static issues via bluetooth in the car.  I use Slacker Radio most of the time, but have used Pandora on occasion with no problem.  

Just wondering if you have your phone plugged into a car charger when streaming?  If so, it may be engine noise opposed to static.  

Do any of you guys have issue with your phone reconnecting to Bluetooth in the car if you put it in Airplane mode and take it back out? I know if I do that it won't reconnect unless I turn off my car and started it again.

Do any of you guys have issue with your phone reconnecting to Bluetooth in the car if you put it in Airplane mode and take it back out? I know if I do that it won't reconnect unless I turn off my car and started it again.

My Hyundai can be kind of finicky after the original automatic Bluetooth connection is manually disconnected. Meaning that sometimes it does not like to automatically reconnect. BUT, Hyundai provides a connections screen on their touchscreen controller to manually reconnect, so it's really no big deal.

To answer your question, I really don't think your G2 is at fault. It's probably just the way your vehicle Blutooth firmware was written.

Airplane mode cuts off ALL radios.

My Hyundai can be kind of finicky after the original automatic Bluetooth connection is manually disconnected. Meaning that sometimes it does not like to automatically reconnect. BUT, Hyundai provides a connections screen on their touchscreen controller to manually reconnect, so it's really no big deal.

To answer your question, I really don't think your G2 is at fault. It's probably just the way your vehicle Blutooth firmware was written.

Airplane mode cuts off ALL radios.

Yea I don't think I have any faults was just curious if anybody else notice that with the phone. My S3 never had that issue when toggling airplane mode. 

I think some vehicles have poor Bluetooth systems.  I used to sell Dodges and they always had issues with Bluetooth forgetting it's pairing info. My wife has a Kia Forte Koup and the Bluetooth in her car is staticy for 3 different phones that we've tried on it.

I think some vehicles have poor Bluetooth systems.  I used to sell Dodges and they always had issues with Bluetooth forgetting it's pairing info. My wife has a Kia Forte Koup and the Bluetooth in her car is staticy for 3 different phones that we've tried on it.

My car is fine. It is something about the G2 that doesn't want to reconnect. It does the same thing with my Bluetooth headphones. 

My car is fine. It is something about the G2 that doesn't want to reconnect. It does the same thing with my Bluetooth headphones.

I have the same problem whenever I cycle airplane mode or reboot my G2. It will not automatically reconnect to my headphones or the car even though it was connected prior to the cycle.

When do you guys think the ZV9 Spark firmware update will be finally released?  I am going to guess January 31st.  I feel that Sprint and LG should take as much time as it can to optimize the RF performance and Spark optimizations.

so I am very close to pulling the trigger on buying an LG G2 off ebay they're going for like $300 new can someone please tell me why this device is so inexpensive? Do you personally care for the LG software or running a custom rom....

so I am very close to pulling the trigger on buying an LG G2 off ebay they're going for like $300 new can someone please tell me why this device is so inexpensive? Do you personally care for the LG software or running a custom rom....

Honestly the price is set because it's not popular. It's a much better device than most of Sprints other phones that still sell for $400+.

I was wanting to sell mine and get a Nexus buy since the Spark update is eminent, I'm going to wait it out. If I can get similar RF performance to the N5 on my G2, the G2 is a better device in every way possible (aside from ROM development) but there's pretty stable aosp ROMs available now for our device.

Sent from my LG-G2

• Like 2

I was wanting to sell mine and get a Nexus buy since the Spark update is eminent, I'm going to wait it out. If I can get similar RF performance to the N5 on my G2, the G2 is a better device in every way possible (aside from ROM development) but there's pretty stable aosp ROMs available now for our device.

Sent from my LG-G2

I figured but I have a feeling value may rise with the imminent arrival of no contract plans plus network improvements... As you said it's a good device and I like it in white... Saw it in store and was just thinking... "Yes"

When do you guys think the ZV9 Spark firmware update will be finally released? I am going to guess January 31st. I feel that Sprint and LG should take as much time as it can to optimize the RF performance and Spark optimizations.

I'm just going out on a whim here but I think the update will be on either the 10th or 17th. Just a hunch, could be right, could be wrong.

Sent from my LG-G2

• Like 1

Why do you care if the phone is inexpensive?  That is a good thing as consumers that you and I are. Don't assume just because its priced lower means its lower quality.  LG made a premium smartphone in the LG G2.  

Keep in mind that LG is trying to draw market share from Samsung, Apple, HTC and Motorola so sometimes companies are willing to undercut the prices in order to gain market share.  The LG G2 goes for $550 retail and keep in mind that those that were lucky to get the LG G2 for $50 on Black Friday or $0 on Cyber Monday scored big and selling it for $300 doesn't look too shabby IMO.  LG has some catching up to do to be competitive to Samsung and Apple but the LG G2 is a great start in that path.  The LG G Flex that is coming out on Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T later on this year looks to be a winner as well.

In terms of LG software, I personally don't have any major issues with it.  Its sorta of like Touchwiz but not as colorful and jazzy which is completely fine with me.  I like some of the touches that LG has put on it especially "Knock-On".  I barely use the back buttons to turn On/Off the phone because double tapping the screen is just so much easier.  The battery is pretty insane on this phone at 3000 maH and the 5.2" IPS display is pretty awesome.  I have been happy with it so far.  The only thing that LG and Sprint need to fix is to fix the baseband to improve RF performance for CDMA and LTE which I am hoping that the Spark update will address.

• Like 2

I'm just going out on a whim here but I think the update will be on either the 10th or 17th. Just a hunch, could be right, could be wrong.

Sent from my LG-G2

I think the 10th is too soon.  That is just 2 days away.  The 17th may be doable but I think its going to be later than we expect which would probably be the 24th or 31st.  I suspect that LG and Sprint will want to do as much testing as they can since I am sure both companies are beta testing a Nexus 5 Spark update as well.

The GS4T was said to be released "later on that month" and most were speculating that it would definitely be before Christmas because of the holiday season.  Lo and behold the GS4T was finally released on Dec 31st which technically met the "later on that month" promise.   

I think the 10th is too soon. That is just 2 days away. The 17th may be doable but I think its going to be later than we expect which would probably be the 24th or 31st. I suspect that LG and Sprint will want to do as much testing as they can since I am sure both companies are beta testing a Nexus 5 Spark update as well.

The GS4T was said to be released "later on that month" and most were speculating that it would definitely be before Christmas because of the holiday season. Lo and behold the GS4T was finally released on Dec 31st which technically met the "later on that month" promise.

It is early but I believe that the patch isn't something too drastic and the scope of the update is primarily just Spark so once they patch Spark, it'll be ready for OTA.

Sent from my LG-G2

Just wondering, being as im not in a spark area will thr update to thr modem help my singnal? Somedays its ok and others its not so good. My avg lte speeds, when im in a lte area, are 10 to 15 down and roughly half that up. Im applauding sprint for the improvements to there network. Cant wait to get spark eventually.

Just wondering, being as im not in a spark area will thr update to thr modem help my singnal? Somedays its ok and others its not so good. My avg lte speeds, when im in a lte area, are 10 to 15 down and roughly half that up. Im applauding sprint for the improvements to there network. Cant wait to get spark eventually.

No one knows. The update could hurt reception. It is assumed that the update will make things better, but that is never guaranteed.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It is early but I believe that the patch isn't something too drastic and the scope of the update is primarily just Spark so once they patch Spark, it'll be ready for OTA.

Sent from my LG-G2

Hopefully it does not limit any of the advanced dialer-enabled features of the G2