LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Mime did the same thing. And it wont connect over wifi or lte only 3g. What happens is it cant do calls over wifi so where the g2 normally disables your mobile data when wifi is connected it leaves it on to use DC

I started using DC yesterday and since I downloaded it my 4g symbol is always showing, where before it was just the wifi symbol, and I would say the sound is about the same as voxer.

Mime did the same thing. And it wont connect over wifi or lte only 3g. What happens is it cant do calls over wifi so where the g2 normally disables your mobile data when wifi is connected it leaves it on to use DC

Well I would say it must use 4G since I am only connected to that or wifi here at home. Also I just checked and the description for the app says it can now be used on 4G.

Spotify is up to old tricks again crashing in the background when streaming the radio. I have a love hate relationship for this app.

Have you tried clearing the cache for Spotify? I used to have constant issues with Spotify on my Evo 3D but clearing the cache daily seemed to fix it.

Have you tried clearing the cache for Spotify? I used to have constant issues with Spotify on my Evo 3D but clearing the cache daily seemed to fix it.

I've done that but I feel as a user shouldn't have to do that daily for their app to work. Pandora doesn't give those kind of troubles so I'm spoiled. Their last update was suppose to help with crashing.

The other day in my car, I too noticed the high pitch screeching noise the device makes. It was only when I was playing the music through my radio with it charging. I know this has been discussed before, but it now just happened to me. Hopefully they will fix this issue in one of the upcoming updates.

Also, with spotify, I haven't had that problem as of yet. My device seems to be running it great.

It would be cool if they'd let customers sign up to test the latest updates before being released.

I used to do that with Verizon & Motorola on 'Soak Tests".

The other day in my car, I too noticed the high pitch screeching noise the device makes. It was only when I was playing the music through my radio with it charging. I know this has been discussed before, but it now just happened to me. Hopefully they will fix this issue in one of the upcoming updates.

Also, with spotify, I haven't had that problem as of yet. My device seems to be running it great.

What you are describing is a ground loop interference problem in using the 3.5mm headset Jack plugged into the stereo when phone is charging at the same time. Shielded cables with ferrite cores attached should help.

Looks like they are now testing LS980ZVA software revision on the sprint testing page:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Lets just hope the final version is the ZVA firmware revision.  This tells me that Sprint is still tweaking the values to make it better.  I still think we won't see the G2 Spark update until the end of Jan.  I want Sprint and LG to make sure they get their stuff right.

• Like 4

What you are describing is a ground loop interference problem in using the 3.5mm headset Jack plugged into the stereo when phone is charging at the same time. Shielded cables with ferrite cores attached should help.

grounding the hood and trunk helps and the doors. Making a better ground.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I used to do that with Verizon & Motorola on 'Soak Tests".

The Sprint Moto X had a soak test of 1,000 users before widespread deployment began with it's last update. I don't even know if the soak test itself is over yet even, I don't remember how long it said the soak test was scheduled barring any issues.

What page do you go to see the information on?

The Software Updates page on the internal-only Device Team website. It lists all software changes, each update, and usually planned rollout start dates and estimated time for full deployment.

The Software Updates page on the internal-only Device Team website..............

Can you tell me if my replacement phone would be brand new? In the tech support Corp store, they had one shipped and it's gonna be here tomorrow, but the only details I have are this:

Model Name: CPO LG LS980 LTE WH XCVER SNGL WITH SIM

And a serial number, plus SIM serial I think. Can't tell if that's new in box or if they even have refurb unless it's insurance related...I'm anxious over getting it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk