LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Spark update coming soon.

- SoftwareNumberLS980ZV9

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Sent from my LG-G2

Any details as to what, if anything else, will be included besides the "Spark Update"?  I couldn't open the link...

Any details as to what, if anything else, will be included besides the "Spark Update"? I couldn't open the link...

The update may have other enhancements but there's a new modem and android OS is still 4.2.2. We can't tell if there's anything else judging from the link. Sprint may release the OTA Friday, could be next week but it's in the final testing stages. (LG/Sprint reps are testing the update now.)

Sent from my LG-G2

• Like 8

The update may have other enhancements but there's a new modem and android OS is still 4.2.2. We can't tell if there's anything else judging from the link. Sprint may release the OTA Friday, could be next week but it's in the final testing stages. (LG/Sprint reps are testing the update now.) Sent from my LG-G2

I'm interested to see what the new modem will bring!  I'll keep my GN3 activated until I see what actually happens.  Thanks much for the update (no pun intended)!

- SoftwareNumberLS980ZV9

Sent from my LG-G2

Thanks! 

Any details as to what, if anything else, will be included besides the "Spark Update"?  I couldn't open the link...

A new radio version(M8974AAAAANLYD1031) in V9.    per Ascertion's mention @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48313453&postcount=112

• Like 1

Any chance you know / have heard about the N5? I'm hopeful it's similar to this update (fingers crossed)...

Google works on the updates for the N5 and it being a globally universal device makes it a bit more difficult to push out a specific carrier enhancement. On 4.4.3, it should have Spark but I assume it'll come after the G2.

Sent from my LG-G2

• Like 1

Google works on the updates for the N5 and it being a globally universal device makes it a bit more difficult to push out a specific carrier enhancement. On 4.4.3, it should have Spark but I assume it'll come after the G2.

Sent from my LG-G2

Thanks for the quick reply, oh well.  I was hoping the pure Google device was going to help me here.  I understand how this is a pretty unique situation though.

Well how long can they take to get my phone cause its been 10 days today.

Did you actually file your claim? Your op makes it sound like you didn't.

I do know our main shipment center got shut down due to weather so there could be a delay. You should be receiving email updates on the status of it or have one that has tracking info as well if you did go through with the claim.

Mine wasn't on backorder so it took 3 days. Backorder just means they don't have any refurbs or new ones to send out yet. Instead of 3-5 days it's 5-7.

Wrong. For backorders, instead of 3-5 days, it's 5-20. It means the order is in to the supplier/manufacturer/vendor/etc. but it isn't in the warehouse yet. This process is notoriously unreliable. If the devices are actually inside the country, it would only be a day or so delay. If they aren't even in the country yet (shipping from overseas like all new products from China/Taiwan/etc.) or on their way to Sprint's warehouse, then it could take significantly longer.

Now, if you are talking about a TEP/ERP insurance replacement though Asurion for a physically damaged device, they have an entirely separate warehouse and phone replacement system they use. It is in no way related to Sprint's S&R program. Sprint does not directly control this as Sprint does not provide the insurance portion of TEP, Asurion does (TEP just bundles Asurion's ERP insurance in with Sprint's ESRP S&R program).

Well how long can they take to get my phone cause its been 10 days today.

Did the store order it for you (free)? Or was it a replacement from Asurion ($150 deductible)?

Stores may assist you to file an insurance claim, but the store and Sprint do not fulfill the replacements, Asurion does). Physical damage, liquid damage, lost and stolen devices are all insurance claims, not service & repair handled through Sprint.

I have not seen G2s on backorder in the Sprint eTicket system for bit now. I ordered one on Wednesday for a customer and had it come in on Friday to replace for example.

Asurion however has a backorder on their end with their replacements. Sprint does not control inventory for Asurion, you would have to contact them as that is an entirely separate inventory and warehouse system.

The Asurion website will not offer an alternative device to replace with, it only gives you the option of back-ordering the phone. Calling into Asurion however with a rep gives the option of alternative devices on occasion, I had a customer offered a Note 3 from Asurion on Sunday when they called for instance since it was on backorder through them.

Yes ive already filed the claim online 10 days ago and they took my deductible same day so i figured it was in stock. Then when i got the email about back ordering i called a few days later to see and the woman said she didnt know how long it would take but ive been going to the site everyday but still nothing. For some reason im not getting email updates. And how long do they have to get me a device?

Any custom rom users?

On the basis of overall UI smoothness and lack of bugs, can anyone compare AOSP roms (Mahdi ROM) compared to LG stock based roms like Optimus De? 

Edited by puch0021

Wrong. For backorders, instead of 3-5 days, it's 5-20.

I said it was 5-7 because I have not once had a phone take that long to get to me.

Edit. I lied. IPhone 5s took a while to get in but hell we didn't even have any to sell so that was expected.

I think LG may have shot its foot releasing the LG FLEX in the first quarter when HTC, Samsung and maybe motorola will have new flagships around this time

Eh, I don't think it'll be too bad really. Flex being in different *class then the other flagship devices that will drop should keep it somewhat insulated. Now if Sammy busts out with a tri-band N3 and HTC pulls a surprise phablet size device out of its hat, they'd be in trouble for sure.

Truth be told, the lower resolution screen may have been the shot that hurts the most but it's still an interesting device.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Roaming setting (on Stock LG-LS980ZV8 unrooted)

So I want roaming (data and voice) always enabled.

I check the "Data roaming" box under System settings-Mobile Data-then hit settings button, however, it won't stay checked. I don't understand why this happens and why this option exists, since data roaming settings are controlled under System Settings-Roaming. 

Does anyone know why this happens?

- SoftwareNumberLS980ZV9

Sent from my LG-G2

I guess LG and Sprint want to release a Spark update on Android 4.2.2 first.  I assume LG and Sprint are holding off on KitKat until Google stops releasing mini patches with the Nexus 5 and the Spark enhancements are stable first.  I hope the KitKat update comes out around March or so with the very latest Android baseline which currently is 4.4.2.

• Like 1

Roaming setting (on Stock LG-LS980ZV8 unrooted)

So I want roaming (data and voice) always enabled.

I check the "Data roaming" box under System settings-Mobile Data-then hit settings button, however, it won't stay checked. I don't understand why this happens and why this option exists, since data roaming settings are controlled under System Settings-Roaming. 

Does anyone know why this happens?

That option (from the messaging and function) exists for "International/GSM Data Roaming".  If you look at the popup, it tells you what its for and once you do check it, if you look under your "Roaming" settings, you'll see the "Allow GSM Data" box checked.  If you uncheck the setting in the Mobile Data settings, that GSM Data box will uncheck.  

If you want to enable standard domestic roaming, you just need the Domestic Voice and Domestic data roaming options checked in settings/roaming screen. 

• Like 1

Sprint said today that the G2 will get its Spark update "later this month". 

Unfortunately Nexus 5 owners don't get a more concrete timeline - Sprint is only saying our phone "will soon join the initial group of Spark-enabled devices"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-kicks-framily-group-based-calling-plan/2014-01-07?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Editor&utm_campaign=SocialMedia

• Like 2

Sprint said today that the G2 will get its Spark update "later this month". 

Unfortunately Nexus 5 owners don't get a more concrete timeline - Sprint is only saying our phone "will soon join the initial group of Spark-enabled devices"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-kicks-framily-group-based-calling-plan/2014-01-07?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Editor&utm_campaign=SocialMedia

Someone gave us a hint the other day that the G2 was in the final testing stages. Good to hear it straight from Sprint. Best start pushing that update button everyday.

Anyone else get static with their music via Bluetooth in their vehicles? I switch to FM radio, no static as higher volumes. Bluetooth (Pandora high quality and using Power amp with .flac quality songs) still introduce static sounds at higher volumes. Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my LG-G2

Anyone else get static with their music via Bluetooth in their vehicles? I switch to FM radio, no static as higher volumes. Bluetooth (Pandora high quality and using Power amp with .flac quality songs) still introduce static sounds at higher volumes. Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my LG-G2

I haven't had any static issues via bluetooth in the car.  I use Slacker Radio most of the time, but have used Pandora on occasion with no problem.  

Just wondering if you have your phone plugged into a car charger when streaming?  If so, it may be engine noise opposed to static.