LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I've read some not so great reviews of direct connect now, I'm curious to see it in action. I shouldn't have a problem since I'm on an airave, I wish they would add more devices though...never understood why the flagship gs3 wasn't added when it s was new...it's more than able to and uses the same chip as one of this Kyocera phones I think.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Don't know. Lucky for me though i get full 3G bars at my home since im half a mile from a legacy 3g site

I've read some not so great reviews of direct connect now, I'm curious to see it in action. I shouldn't have a problem since I'm on an airave, I wish they would add more devices though...never understood why the flagship gs3 wasn't added when it s was new...it's more than able to and uses the same chip as one of this Kyocera phones I think.

I have downloaded the direct connect app within the last week, but then found it was not compatible with the direct connect on a Motorola Admiral smartphone.

I thought the admiral was one of the devices listed...You also have to add dc on your Sprint account so it gets provisioned for it, otherwise it won't ever connect.

I am sorry bit what is direct connect?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I thought the admiral was one of the devices listed...You also have to add dc on your Sprint account so it gets provisioned for it, otherwise it won't ever connect.

"Sprint Direct Connect Now" in the play store just likes Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, G2, Optimus F3.  The following are "coming soon": Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Hydro Edge.  "Free with many plans" otherwise $5 per month. Says it work on 4G LTE.

"Direct Connect Now" appears to be different from "Direct Connect" used on the Admiral (3G), although the Sprint Store makes no distinction.

Hi - I have had my G2 for 10 days now and I really love this phone. My main worry about going for it was the reported GPS problems. I am happy to report that my GPS locks on pretty quickly, and stays on track through my ride to work when using Waze or navigation.

The issue I do have is the times it cannot connect (like a parking deck) the estimated location is WAY off. My S3 also could not connect to GPS here, but when I brought up Waze, the estimated location was usually spot on, or within a block. The G2 shows me up to 12 miles away, outside the bad traffic zone making it pretty worthless. 

Anyone else seeing this? Anything that could possible help out? I have all the location settings turned on.

I stopped into the Corp store with my earpiece problem, and they did see that the earpiece speaker is blown, and the new one is being shipped to me. I hope I'm receiving a brand new device and not a refurb, can someone elaborate on which they send out?

• Like 1

I wondered how the new direct connect worked, a bit of info I've found is that you don't have a 1*123*1234 number attached to your dc...it uses phone number. I tried to dc my wife on her southern Linc and it doesn't work (either method, using her phone number or her dc number).

Me and jonathanm1978 experienced direct connect today. It works pretty good. Every once in a while there was a little muffling but good. I would give quality a 7.5/10. There is a problem where you cant use it over LTE and you cant use it over WIFI but other than that I could see it being more useful if they add more device support and fix some things

• Like 1

Yeah, overall I was pretty impressed with dc after I read lots of complaints saying it didn't work well, I think I was ok. Not excellent, not sorry, but a little above expectations. Add Wi-Fi and I think it would solve many of the issues with sound, to me it sounded like VOIP packets when you have a drop in connection sometimes...it was briefly when it happened though. I'm sure both of us having good 3g connections helped (I was on airave). May try again after I get that new G2 in and the earpiece problem is gone. That would affect anything but what I hear when n not using speaker though

Yeah, overall I was pretty impressed with dc after I read lots of complaints saying it didn't work well, I think I was ok. Not excellent, not sorry, but a little above expectations. Add Wi-Fi and I think it would solve many of the issues with sound, to me it sounded like VOIP packets when you have a drop in connection sometimes...it was briefly when it happened though. I'm sure both of us having good 3g connections helped (I was on airave). May try again after I get that new G2 in and the earpiece problem is gone. That would affect anything but what I hear when n not using speaker though

FYI, there is also a third-party app called Voxer which is similar to Direct Connect but is not limited to specific devices or wireless providers. I don't think anything will truly compare to the old-school Nextel system, but Voxer isn't bad.

-Mike

• Like 1

Let me know when its fixed

I wondered how the new direct connect worked, a bit of info I've found is that you don't have a 1*123*1234 number attached to your dc...it uses phone number.

You can get a separate Direct Connect number. I didn't like the idea of using my phone number for DC so I called tech support. They had no clue how to do it so the rep put me on hold and contacted his back office support. After about five minutes they had it figured out. They pushed an update and my phone did a profile update. I had to uninstall then reinstall the app and voila, new DC number!

3uzuqupy.jpg

Me and jonathanm1978 experienced direct connect today. It works pretty good. Every once in a while there was a little muffling but good. I would give quality a 7.5/10. There is a problem where you cant use it over LTE and you cant use it over WIFI but other than that I could see it being more useful if they add more device support and fix some things

I think someone with a G2 made mention of the LTE thing on the Play Store comments for the Direct Connect Now app. It must be a G2 specific issue. The app works fine on LTE on both my Note 3 and my son's Optimus F3. Odd...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Probably some issue with it being triband

You can get a separate Direct Connect number. I didn't like the idea of using my phone number for DC so I called tech support. They had no clue how to do it so the rep contacted his back office support. After about five minutes they had it figured out. They pushed an update and my phone did a profile update. I had to uninstall then reinstall the app and voila, new DC number!

I think someone with a G2 made mention of the LTE thing on the Play Store comments for the Direct Connect Now app. It must be a G2 specific issue. The app works fine on LTE on both my Note 3 and my son's Optimus F3. Odd...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I started using DC yesterday and since I downloaded it my 4g symbol is always showing, where before it was just the wifi symbol, and I would say the sound is about the same as voxer.