The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Found this video posted on youtube on sept 1st 2013..

Guy in Tampa Bay Florida hits nearly 50 M/bits down on his iPhone 5 using Sprint LTE & you can see wifi is off..

I've run my share of Speedtests before, but man talk about overburdening a network...from what I understand about Sprint's 5x5 LTE deployment, those speeds aren't even possible which means that has got to be a jailbroken iPhone where the user changed the carrier name. Maybe once band 41 is deployed that could happen and we all know that the 5s isn't capable of that band, but especially not a 5.

I posted that same video on the NYC Market Thread , unacknowledged as always -_-

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

haha sorry.. this is by far the fastest speed Ive heard of considering ( I mean ) over 1900 LTE

I've run my share of Speedtests before, but man talk about overburdening a network...from what I understand about Sprint's 5x5 LTE deployment, those speeds aren't even possible which means that has got to be a jailbroken iPhone where the user changed the carrier name. Maybe once band 41 is deployed that could happen and we all know that the 5s isn't capable of that band, but especially not a 5.

Yeah that has to be it..

The fastest I've had  in Columbus Ohio ( Only 2 towers active within the outer belt ) was around 18 down..most test revealed around 12 to 16.. which isn't bad

posted you above, but have you tried to single LTE in Akron ?

posted you above, but have you tried to single LTE in Akron ?

Well, I'm not immune to running some Speedtests - I drive by the tower at Rt 18 & I-71 in Medina pretty regularly and of the tests I've run I get upper 20's down and between 5-8 up, but that's typically off peak times.

Found this video posted on youtube on sept 1st 2013..

Guy in Tampa Bay Florida hits nearly 50 M/bits down on his iPhone 5 using Sprint LTE & you can see wifi is off..

PlanetEarth/TheComputerMaster again?

• Like 1

haha sorry.. this is by far the fastest speed Ive heard of considering ( I mean ) over 1900 LTE

It is possible to see these speeds using the Speedtest.net app. It does not mean you are actually getting these speeds. I have seen this happen on my phone before. What is happening is either the Speedtest app is flaking out, or there is an issue with the server being used for the test. Come back later and you don't see those speeds, use a different app and you don't see those speeds.

The local news covered the line in front of the Apple store in Jacksonville. Apparently, the Apple store is giving out free Sunny D and pop tarts to everyone in line. I wish I got free Sunny D and pop tarts when I got my Evo..

The local news covered the line in front of the Apple store in Jacksonville. Apparently, the Apple store is giving out free Sunny D and pop tarts to everyone in line. I wish I got free Sunny D and pop tarts when I got my Evo..

What, no Hot Pockets?  Nothing goes better with high fructose corn syrup and only five percent juice than some dirty meat inside a pastry.

AJ

• Like 3

What, no Hot Pockets?  Nothing goes better with high fructose corn syrup and only five percent juice than some dirty meat inside a pastry.

AJ

In a time of desperate hunger I ate a ham and cheese hot pocket. I'll never forget the day that plasticy, molten, unchewable ham burned my bottom lip as the sun-like cheese leaked onto my finger cuticle. I have no doubt that ham and cheese hot pockets deserve to be added to the banned chemical weapons in the Geneva Protocol. I did not finish the so-called "snack" and resorted to eating a pack of lifesavers which truly were worthy of their namesake.

• Like 3

One of the very 1st In depth iPhone 5s review at Anandtech... benches screen, fill rates of gpu, wifi speeds and cpu and battery against other iPhones and Androids.. good review.. and a strong showing by Apple overall 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

So to bring stuff full circle, in all honesty, the idea of not having tri-band support really shouldn't hold anyone off from buying the phone, especially if they can use the One Up program.

Unless you live in the IBEZ where 800 won't exist (for the near future anyway) and band 41 is already active...maybe I'm the only one disappointed it's not tri-band.

Unless you live in the IBEZ where 800 won't exist (for the near future anyway) and band 41 is already active...maybe I'm the only one disappointed it's not tri-band.

You're not, I am extremely displeased that it lacks band 41. My brother in NYC will never access the band, and it is deployed to his doorstep.  He however doesn't care, wooh IOS 7 & a shiny iPhone  :frantic:

-Will

• Like 1

Screw you buddy, go tip some cows :P

Wait, is it a required social convention to tip COWs?  Is there a tip jar placed nearby?  What is the expected percentage?  15 percent?  And is that 15 percent based on pro rata monthly bill or actual usage that day?

250px-CellularPCScom1.jpg

AJ

• Like 5

I got up at 3am and hit up my local Sprint store around 3:45. Was first in line, and got the phone I wanted (64gb Space Gray). I LOVE being able to use LTE finally. My first speedtest was 10mbps down. I creamed myself lmao! So far the phone is great :D

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk