The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

I am not sure that I follow either of you.

Neal indicated that the overseas variants that support band 38 TD-LTE 2600 could potentially be firmware updated to support band 41 TD-LTE 2600.  But that would do nothing for Sprint...

Hence why I said "This wouldn't help Sprint at all since A1530 lacks CDMA and LTE bands 25/26..." I just found it curious that Apple, who is making a point of how many LTE bands this phone supports, would leave one purposefully disabled if it is true that the hardware can support it.

I am not aware of the conversation you had with Neal about this, so I can't comment on what Eric was referring to.

• Like 1

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't. I would expect them to have all colors and sizes available on day one.

I know they will have them online but if I were to go into a store on day, would they? 'Cause from past experiences the store has had the 16gb and the 32gb variants but not the 64gb. And I would end up waiting a few more days since they would need to have it shipped to the store from a warehouse or wherever it is they have them. 

I am not aware of the conversation you had with Neal about this, so I can't comment on what Eric was referring to.

I have not had a conversation with Neal on the matter.  I merely summarized what he wrote.

AJ

I know they will have them online but if I were to go into a store on day, would they? 'Cause from past experiences the store has had the 16gb and the 32gb variants but not the 64gb. And I would end up waiting a few more days since they would need to have it shipped to the store from a warehouse or wherever it is they have them.

Hmm. I've never tried to buy an iPhone on day one. I'm sure some bigger stores have more in stock than others though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It all looks great. I would even consider switching from Android to iPhone for a year to play with it, but that little nagging issue of being dual band just negates everything for me.

It all looks great. I would even consider switching from Android to iPhone for a year to play with it, but that little nagging issue of being dual band just negates everything for me.

Total let down right? Strongly consider jumping back to am android phone that supports band 41 just for that reason. Good job apple -_-

Just curious, do people still line up at Apple stores and ATT stores overnight just to buy the iPhone on launch day?  If so, anyone of you guys planning to get the iPhone 5S planning to line up tomorrow night or Friday morning?

I won't even consider an iPhone even if it had the software to back it up simply because I can't go back to tiny 4 inch screens.  If Apple made 2 editions of the iPhone that sported a 5 inch iPhone then it may tickle my interest.

Just curious, do people still line up at Apple stores and ATT stores overnight just to buy the iPhone on launch day?  If so, anyone of you guys planning to get the iPhone 5S planning to line up tomorrow night?

They started in N.Y. before Tuesday.

They started in N.Y. before Tuesday.

Yes, but based on threads here, we already know what to think of New Yawkers...

:P

AJ

Just curious, do people still line up at Apple stores and ATT stores overnight just to buy the iPhone on launch day?  If so, anyone of you guys planning to get the iPhone 5S planning to line up tomorrow night or Friday morning?

I never really got that, and I'm an Apple user.  OS wars are stupid too.

I remember waiting in lines at 3am on Black Friday for door deals at certain stores.

That was a long time ago.

It's just not worth it anymore.

I've been on Android forever, and I'm moving to the dark side Friday, if I can get hold of one.

Yeah I stopped doing Black Friday several years ago.  Waiting all night to get a good deal on surge protectors was not just not worth it.

People that want 5s from sprint better line up. I've seen the order we will get tomorrow and saying the 5s will be limited is an understatment. Hopefully more will come in on Friday and Saturday

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 3

Yes, and it'll likely be worse this time since there are no online pre-orders.  It's going to be brutal I'd bet.  Particularly if the reported inventory numbers are anywhere near accurate.  

• Like 1

Apple really screwed the pooch by not offering a pre order on the 5s. I don't get the point of waiting at the store with a bunch of people. With the preorder, I would get it on launch day just like the people in tents outside. So what if I don't get it at 8am. I'd get it around noon. This year, I'm guessing with an online order on Friday, I could probably have it early next week. Good enough.

• Like 1