The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

It seems either tri-band phones will be in short supply for awhile or they'll somehow within months come out of the walls.

I don't know if there's any chance for an updated version, but  It seems very odd considering the S4 mini..  I feel kinda stuck knowing now that 2500 is in my area and yet I have no LTE 1900 ( there are two towers not close active in Columbus outerbelt )

And then there were 3..

S4 Mini

LG G2

Samsung Mega 6.3

• Like 1

I understand that.  I was more curious of what kind of performance the FCC reports showed on those bands...

I might be off on what you're looking for, but ..

iPhone 5s....

LTE Cat3  Downlink is 100 Mbit/s

HSDPA+ (4G) is 42.2 Mbit/s

UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, EV-DO Rev.A, EV-DO Rev.B

And then there were 3..

S4 Mini

LG G2

Samsung Mega 6.3

Thats good to know - because my wife actually liked the Mega.. but since we didnt know the LG G2 was looking like an option for her..

I saw the mega on Sprint's website.. wonder if it'll be Fall release ?

Thats good to know - because my wife actually liked the Mega...

Oh, so many jokes to make here, but I will refrain in the interest of domestic tranquility...

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Oh, so many jokes to make here, but I will refrain in the interest of domestic tranquility...

:P

AJ

No thats all real.  I like my iPhone and I dont prefer Android, but my wife wears contacts now and wants a bigger screen she can see better.  She can't lug the tablet to work and my daughter has an Optimus which was free under contract. My son has a Windows Ativ phone now.  So we aren't a family of fanboys.

Let me add just because many of you would never own an Apple product doesn't mean I wouldnt let someone close to me own something that wasn't Apple just because I own an iPhone as my personal phone.

I understand that.  I was more curious of what kind of performance the FCC reports showed on those bands...

Is this what you are looking for?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au32gyXlTw-RdHgxTTdQTDRyVFNCTGg1bUk4RnlZWUE&usp=sharing

• Like 2

No thats all real. I like my iPhone and I dont prefer Android, but my wife wears contacts now and wants a bigger screen she can see better. She can't lug the tablet to work and my daughter has an Optimus which was free under contract. My son has a Windows Ativ phone now. So we aren't a family of fanboys.

Let me add just because many of you would never own an Apple product doesn't mean I wouldnt let someone close to me own something that wasn't Apple just because I own an iPhone as my personal phone.

I'm pretty sure AJ had a different direction in mind...

No thats all real.  I like my iPhone and I dont prefer Android, but my wife wears contacts now and wants a bigger screen she can see better.  She can't lug the tablet to work and my daughter has an Optimus which was free under contract. My son has a Windows Ativ phone now.  So we aren't a family of fanboys.

This doesn't have anything to do with what was quoted....

Be careful guys you may have to refer to both android and iOS as phone "OS blank" in order to get the blank OS guys to step down from the jump to conclusion mat.

sometime wisdom doesn't look so plain, but you gotta love it

Sent from my Verizon Roaming Beast

Be careful guys you may have to refer to both android and iOS as phone "OS blank" in order to get the blank OS guys to step down from the jump to conclusion mat.

You joke, but I generally avoid the "a" word in this sub forum to try to limit the haters. I swear most of the posts in the iOS Subforum are by A-only users.

So that makes it appear the new iPhones are better than the S4? Thanks for posting!

You joke, but I generally avoid the "a" word in this sub forum to try to limit the haters. I swear most of the posts in the iOS Subforum are by A-only users.

I see no subforums on the recent posts lists in Tapatalk, only thread titles. I see no names on phones, I see no brands, I see no companies.

So that makes it appear the new iPhones are better than the S4? Thanks for posting!

Take them as a grain of salt. I appeared the Note2 was poor on the LTE side even lower than the EVO LTE but that turned out to be totally opposite.

Take them as a grain of salt. I appeared the Note2 was poor on the LTE side even lower than the EVO LTE but that turned out to be totally opposite.

K... Thanks... Now we need to decide... iPhone for the wife or Mega for myself...

I see no subforums on the recent posts lists in Tapatalk, only thread titles. I see no names on phones, I see no brands, I see no companies.

Must be an issue with the app on your preferred operating system. It's listed underneath the thread title on the operating system that I use.

Posted Image

Must be an issue with the app on your preferred operating system. It's listed underneath the thread title on the operating system that I use.

Posted Image

Accckkkkk... All that white. It's blinding.

Not a problem with my app, it's a problem with my ADD/speed reading. I just don't see it, I just read thread titles.

I saw that Sprint put a press release for the iPhone 5C and 5S release on September 20th.  Anyone curious why Sprint did try to emphasize dual band LTE in the press release?  I guess the iPhone 5C and 5S users will be pleasantly surprised to get LTE coverage deep indoors in 2014.

This wouldn't help Sprint at all since A1530 lacks CDMA and LTE bands 25/26, but it seems interesting nevertheless:

Extremetech speculates that Apple could unlock Band 41 in that model via a software update

The MENA (Middle East, Africa, and Asia) LTE model (A1530/A1529) extends the European model with LTE TDD bands 38, 39, and 40. This model is explicitly targeted toward the burgeoning LTE TDD ecosystem, which predominantly uses bands 38, 39, and 40. While China is making moves to use LTE band 41 (as SoftBank in Japan and Sprint in the US have done), there is not a sizable handset ecosystem around the band yet for Apple to offer it. However, since bands 7 and 38 are supported, it is possible that band 41 is supported in the hardware, but disabled in software. This is because band 41 is merely the frequencies of bands 7 and 38 combined and enabled for TDD. There are plenty of hardware parts on the market that enable bands 7, 38, and 41 using a switched duplexer/filter design.

This is obviously a disappointment to Sprint and SoftBank, who would have preferred to have a model with band 41 on-board. But since this model is not being distributed in Japan or the United States, it has little effect anyway. Eventually, this model may make its way to Europe, where LTE band 38 networks are starting to appear.

If true, any idea why they wouldn't have enabled it from the get-go?

This wouldn't help Sprint at all since A1530 lacks CDMA and LTE bands 25/26, but it seems interesting nevertheless:

Extremetech speculates that Apple could unlock Band 41 in that model via a software update

Oh boy...AJ is going to have some words for Neal.

I saw that Sprint put a press release for the iPhone 5C and 5S release on September 20th.  Anyone curious why Sprint did try to emphasize dual band LTE in the press release?  I guess the iPhone 5C and 5S users will be pleasantly surprised to get LTE coverage deep indoors in 2014.

A comment was made by Robert of something along the lines that if Sprint mentioned the phone did 800 it would lead to more questions of when/why Sprint doesn't have this band ready when they are saying the phone does Sprint 800 and in the end Sprint was wise to not mention it.

A comment was made by Robert of something along the lines that if Sprint mentioned the phone did 800 it would lead to more questions of when/why Sprint doesn't have this band ready when they are saying the phone does Sprint 800 and in the end Sprint was wise to not mention it.

Makes sense.  I mean that is why I didn't see why people were making so many assumptions with press releases saying that it doesn't mention triband.  I figured why does Sprint need to mention triband for.  Even for marketing purposes it may sound great but Sprint would still need to back it up as people would then be expecting some LTE 800.  That is why all triband LTE marketing needs to wait until 2014 when NV 1.0 is wrapping up.

Oh boy...AJ is going to have some words for Neal.

I am not sure that I follow either of you.

Neal indicated that the overseas variants that support band 38 TD-LTE 2600 could potentially be firmware updated to support band 41 TD-LTE 2600.  But that would do nothing for Sprint, since those variants do not support band 25 LTE 1900 and band 26 LTE 800.  Not to mention, they do not support CDMA2000, though that is probably just another firmware lock.  But Neal was not suggesting that the Sprint variants could be firmware updated to support band 41 TD-LTE 2600.  My guess is that they lack the physical hardware necessary.

AJ

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Sprint will be selling the 64gb variant of the iPhone 5s on the first day?

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't. I would expect them to have all colors and sizes available on day one.

• Like 1