The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

And I will never betray the secret of your inner gooey nougat center! :)

Before posting, you might have wanted to think about how that statement could be misconstrued.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Before posting, you might have wanted to think about how that statement could be misconstrued.

:P

AJ

Wow, I didn't mean to do that.

:blush:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Really wanting to pull the trigger on a 5s, but need some real life experiences before I do.

What type of speed you getting?

Sent from me phone

If I was in an area with band 41 LTE I definitely wouldn't even be looking at a device without triband capabilities.

• Like 1

If I was in an area with band 41 LTE I definitely wouldn't even be looking at a device without triband capabilities.

Neither would I, but they may not want to wait another year for Apple to put out a tri-band iphone.

Neither would I, but they may not want to wait another year for Apple to put out a tri-band iphone.

And that's where things would override my OS tastes as I prefer my phone to work as a phone and not a glorified wi-fi device.

• Like 1

And that's where things would override my OS tastes as I prefer my phone to work as a phone and not a glorified wi-fi device.

Exactly. Monkey poOn is so much more glorious at 2.6 ghz.

Given the impact of the China Mobile deal upcoming, I don't think it's out of the question for a hardware revision for band 41. That would screw early adopters, but still be a better deal than keeping 41 out even though Apple now has the economy of scale to implement it with China Mobile, SoftBank, and Sprint. 

• Like 1

I was reading this article, and I'm having a hard time deciphering the second and third paragraphs. Can someone with more technical knowledge of frequencies and chipsets further explain this? Thanks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2013/09/25/china-mobile-and-lte-bands-when-could-apple-announce-a-partnership/

What is the current delay on the Gold and Silver color iPhone 5S's?  I hear stores have tons of Space Gray color iPhone 5Ss.

There are reports that the gold one is more popular than Apple expected.  Since the 5s was already limited, it could be a while.

The gold one must be faster.

Yeah, fast out the door! Everyone and their insatiable greed for gold! See, it even has affected the telecommunications industry.

• Like 1

The gold one must be faster.

Well, it is made out of gold.  It has to be, right?  It is an iPhone.

AJ

• Like 1

There are reports that the gold one is more popular than Apple expected.  Since the 5s was already limited, it could be a while.

One of the nurses I work with ( she has Verizon ) bought a pink 5c maybe 2 days ago.  It's her first iPhone and she really likes it a lot.

I've was tempted to get a 5s but I have a lot of things my money is going to to.  My wife's 2001 Olds had the engine blow up the other day -  so I ended up buying her a car which was not what I wanted to do so soon. 

One of the nurses I work with ( she has Verizon ) bought a pink 5c maybe 2 days ago.  It's her first iPhone and she really likes it a lot.

I've was tempted to get a 5s but I have a lot of things my money is going to to.  My wife's 2001 Olds had the engine blow up the other day -  so I ended up buying her a car which was not what I wanted to do so soon. 

Imagine all those iPhones you could have bought and sold.

• Like 1

Imagine all those iPhones you could have bought and sold.

Perhaps if I had a hoarding disorder?...

Just a thought: since you're on the topic of iPhones bought and sold  - when our family upgrades phones - during upgrade cycles-I've always gotten more money out of iPhones then I initially paid for them up front then I have other brand phones we have owned - so I'll take it  I'm sure most iPhone owners do - or at least break even.  I paid 199 for the 4s brand new and sold it for 270'ish on Craigslist a year ago. . 

Going by this analysis, although I don't in any way, shape or form condone it, if you were going to steal by using someone elses identity- if it were possible to buy a ton of phones under contract and sell them immediately the iPhone would be the way to go.

Apple passes Coke as world's 'top brand'

"According to the report, Apple's brand is estimated to be worth $98.3 billion, a 28% increase over 2012, when it was No. 2 on the list. Coca-Cola's value also rose, but by only 2%, to $79.2 billion. Much of Apple's boost can probably be attributed to its growing presence in China, where iPhones and other Apple devices are increasingly popular."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/tech/innovation/apple-coke-top-brands/index.html

T-Mobile Grows on iPhone Sales as Apple Registers Nearly Even with Android in Japanese Market Share

Kantar Worldpanel ComTech Global Strategic Insight Director, Dominic Sunnebo states, “When iOS first debuted on T-Mobile in mid-April, the majority of sales came from consumers upgrading from a featurephone to their first smartphone. However, looking at those who purchased an iPhone in the August period, 56% of those consumers came from another smartphone, including 38.5% from an Android device.

Apple and Android have recorded almost identical shares of sales in Japan – 48.6% and 47.4% respectively. However, news that the new iPhone range will be available on Japan’s largest carrier, NTT DoCoMo, for the first time, makes it likely that Apple will pull ahead of Android in this key market.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/01/t-mobile-grows-on-iphone-sales-as-apple-registers-nearly-even-with-android-in-japanese-market-share/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/30/iphone-boosts-t-mobiles-sales-share-while-apple-breaks-even-with-android-in-japan

• Like 1

Wife's gold model arrived a lot faster than Sprint predicted, about two weeks. Probably because I got her the 64GB model and those are less commonly ordered. I didn't order mine until Saturday/Sunday and it arrived that week, but I'm sure 64GB gray is the least popular.

• Like 1

Wife's gold model arrived a lot faster than Sprint predicted, about two weeks. Probably because I got her the 64GB model and those are less commonly ordered. I didn't order mine until Saturday/Sunday and it arrived that week, but I'm sure 64GB gray is the least popular.

We get 10-15 calls a day about 5s. Since Monday all we have had is two 64gb gray. Here it is about to be Friday and we still have both and everyday the same people call in looking for 16gb gray or gold.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

What is the current delay on the Gold and Silver color iPhone 5S's?  I hear stores have tons of Space Gray color iPhone 5Ss.

I was told about three weeks from order date by Sprint.  This was about a week ago.