The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

hi mom

john316sign.jpg

AJ

There are so many possible ways that my brain is trying to interpret this, and I'm sure all of them are wrong... so let me just say...

What?

What do people in the crowd at sporting events do when put on camera?

AJ

You could always trial it... and return withing 14 days? Or is that only for phones?

Yes, but it's usually a spectacularly bad deal for you, heh.

$36 activation fee, not refundable after day 3. $35 restocking fee that most stores will charge you no matter what.

So, yeah, if you feel like paying $71 (plus prorated charges for the service itself), sure.

Of course, a credit union discount will waive the activation fee, and being nice to the manager will waive the restocking fee, but that's a lot of making exceptions.

What do people in the crowd at sporting events do when put on camera?

AJ

They...

I don't know? I feel like I should know this. Last sporting event I was at was a college hockey game, which was mostly an excuse to drink and watch people fight.

They...

I don't know? I feel like I should know this. Last sporting event I was at was a college hockey game, which was mostly an excuse to drink and watch people fight.

They say, "Hi, mom" and hold up signs that read "John 3:16."

AJ

They say, "Hi, mom" and hold up signs that read "John 3:16."

AJ

Oh, I see. That's odd.

Have you ever had that feeling where you just walked into a room full of people completely unlike yourself, and have a sudden overwhelming urge to turn around and shut the door behind you?

Have you ever had that feeling where you just walked into a room full of people completely unlike yourself, and have a sudden overwhelming urge to turn around and shut the door behind you?

No.  But I do wonder why rf40928's mom might be reading threads at S4GRU.

AJ

• Like 1

It will do squat, as it will offload some folks in your area from those lower frequencies to allow you to have more fohhh geezzzzzz.

I don't think everyone understand all the benefits of NV and how it offloads or penetrates depending on the users connectivity.

For those who do not fully understand how network vision works. 800mhz is for far distance and deep in building coverage. As you get closer to a cell site or closer to the walls of the building your 800mhz connection will increase and once close enough you will be switched to the 1900mhz range. Once you are super close to the walls in the build or outdoors, or very close to a cell site while in doors the cell site will connect you to the 2500mhz. This out door 2500mhz frequency has a huge advantage when it comes to say the world series, superbowl, or any other large out door events because the 2500mhz range has a large capacity which means less network congestion which equals greater or consistent usable speeds.

I mentioned the offloading earlier

It will do squat, as it will offload some folks in your area from those lower frequencies to allow you to have more fohhh geezzzzzz.

I just hope when tri-band phones come out ..Sprint is on top of making sure those phones prefer the 2500mhz and/or some way to choose when you know you are.  I would think if not there will be problems with battery life always looking and switching bands.  

FWIW, the Yellow iPhone 5C in 32GB capacity was the first stock to deplete overnight. From the iPhone 5C preorder page on Sprint's website:

Shipping: We’ll do our best to get it to you by 9/20; but because of high demand, some phones will ship in up to 2 weeks. iPhone 5c yellow 32GB will ship in up to 3 weeks. A tracking number will be sent when your phone ships.

FWIW, the Yellow iPhone 5C in 32GB capacity was the first stock to deplete overnight. From the iPhone 5C preorder page on Sprint's website:

I always thought sprint should release more yellow variants of popular phones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I always thought sprint should release more yellow variants of popular phones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Yellow ain't my jam, but it's pretty cool that Yellow 32GB is outselling the others.

Yellow ain't my jam, but it's pretty cool that Yellow 32GB is outselling the others.

Or they made that much less of that color than any other model thinking it'll sell less.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Luckily for me, I live in a valley where there aren't too many people and a Sprint store on the way to work so I know ill be stopping by next friday to pick up my 5S without having to make line ;) 

• Like 1

Pretty surprising here. People were really disappointed with Apple only putting in LTE band 25 and 26. However, Samsung only put band 25 in the new Note 3.  Seems to be disappointing on both accounts.  The only leg up I see is band 26 which I assume will be the band I will see first out of 26 or 41.  I think I will upgrade to the 5s (hoping that LTE band 25 will be in ABQ by then).

Pretty surprising here. People were really disappointed with Apple only putting in LTE band 25 and 26. However, Samsung only put band 25 in the new Note 3.  Seems to be disappointing on both accounts.  The only leg up I see is band 26 which I assume will be the band I will see first out of 26 or 41.  I think I will upgrade to the 5s (hoping that LTE band 25 will be in ABQ by then).

Your iPhone 5 will likely still fetch a lot of resell value - if you bought an unsubsidized phone at full cost, you could probably sell your iPhone 5 for enough to make up the difference of the carrier subsidy and stay on your upgrade cycle...

Picture this. You're in Times Square, one of your friends has a shiny new iPhone 5S. The other has a Note 3 (Tri-Band). Because speed tests are the only thing that matters in a network (sarcasm) you decide to run a speedtest.

The Note pulls a blazing 68Mbps download. The iPhone putters along at 5 or 6Mbps. So there must be something wrong with the iPhone right? I mean, they're both on Sprint, so shouldn't they get the same speeds? They both say LTE? What's the deal!!?!

iPhone users will be at a disadvantage and the average user might think something is wrong. LTE 800 doesn't fix any of that, it should have been Tri-Band. 

You're likely gonna have to change your above fantasy scenario to :

" Picture this. You're in Times Square, one of your friends has a shiny new iPhone 5S. The other has a LG G2 (Tri-Band) " huh? 

It may be awhile before Sprint customers see alot of big name Tri band phones out there. After hearing the Note 3 looks to come to Sprint in only a single band 1900 LTE model, I'm sorta wondering how 800 LTE made on the 5s ..  The iPhone 5s looks alittle more attractive with the knowledge it maybe one of the few phones that does more then a single band..., but my wife might be willing to give the LG G2 a try because she wears contacts now and wants a bigger screen.. and I can see how it works while I hold off awhile longer before I buy a 5s or wait until next year..

Yeah but just days ago there was still a huge beleif the Note 3 would be tri-band.  And now it turns out it probably won't even be Dual band like the iPhone 5s.\

I have a feeling the technical specs of these phones were made long before the Clearwire deal went though - which doesn't explain why some phones wouldnt at least have 800 lte - this has been known for a year.

Due to the Note3 fiasco -- I am probably getting my wife's S4 -- and she is going to get the new iPhone 5S.  I know that the S4 is a beast for RF stuff from what I have read (and seen on her phone).. but how does the FCC reports show the 5S being?  Will she be happy on it for CDMA and/or LTE 800 and/or 1900?  We are rural out here so she will not need the capacity of BRS spectrum..
Thanks.

Due to the Note3 fiasco -- I am probably getting my wife's S4 -- and she is going to get the new iPhone 5S.  I know that the S4 is a beast for RF stuff from what I have read (and seen on her phone).. but how does the FCC reports show the 5S being?  Will she be happy on it for CDMA and/or LTE 800 and/or 1900?  We are rural out here so she will not need the capacity of BRS spectrum..

Thanks.

See further up in this thread, but the 5S will do LTE 800/1900 so she'll be happy.

See further up in this thread, but the 5S will do LTE 800/1900 so she'll be happy.

I understand that.  I was more curious of what kind of performance the FCC reports showed on those bands...

I understand that.  I was more curious of what kind of performance the FCC reports showed on those bands...

I'm working on a comparison table between the Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5C & 5S.

• Like 3

Yep, crazy that the Note 3 isn't tri-band. Oh well. 

It seems either tri-band phones will be in short supply for awhile or they'll somehow within months come out of the walls.

I don't know if there's any chance for an updated version, but  It seems very odd considering the S4 mini..  I feel kinda stuck knowing now that 2500 is in my area and yet I have no LTE 1900 ( there are two towers not close active in Columbus outerbelt )

I might be off on what you're looking for, but ..

iPhone 5s....

LTE Cat3  Downlink is 100 Mbit/s

HSDPA+ (4G) is 42.2 Mbit/s

UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, EV-DO Rev.A, EV-DO Rev.B