The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

Apple really screwed the pooch by not offering a pre order on the 5s. I don't get the point of waiting at the store with a bunch of people. With the preorder, I would get it on launch day just like the people in tents outside. So what if I don't get it at 8am. I'd get it around noon. This year, I'm guessing with an online order on Friday, I could probably have it early next week. Good enough.

I think Apple likes the publicity of people waiting long amounts of time in line for their phone. When people read those stories they think something must be really spectacular about the phone. What better way to get people lining up than no pre order available? 

• Like 1

I think Apple likes the publicity of people waiting long amounts of time in line for their phone. When people read those stories they think something must be really spectacular about the phone. What better way to get people lining up than no pre order available? 

I wish I could find the commercial that focuses more on "mom and dad," but they will be waiting in line...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8A3T6sPzU

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Apple really screwed the pooch by not offering a pre order on the 5s. I don't get the point of waiting at the store with a bunch of people. With the preorder, I would get it on launch day just like the people in tents outside. So what if I don't get it at 8am. I'd get it around noon. This year, I'm guessing with an online order on Friday, I could probably have it early next week. Good enough.

I wonder if it's limited availability of the fingerprint sensor. I hope not, as I want them to put it in the next iPad as well.

• Like 1

So you guys saying to avoid the 5s because of the lack of triband?

Damn I'm sick of google music. I want someway to play my huge itunes library. I'm still trying to talk myself into it.

Sent from me phone

The iPhone 5S/5C is dual band thats still a plus you get 1900/800 which is plus , but if you do choose to avoid , you could get a 5th Generation iPod Touch & build up ur iTunes library while you wait for the Tri-Band iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by IsaiahL

I wonder if they are gonna ship less iPhones to the ibez since lte 800 won't be active for quite awhile. Doubtful but just a thought.

Yeah, the IBEZ is the De800MHz Zone.  No 800 MHz allowed.  It will be shot on sight.

AJ

• Like 1

The iPhone 5S/5C is dual band thats still a plus you get 1900/800 which is plus , but if you do choose to avoid , you could get a 5th Generation iPod Touch & build up ur iTunes library while you wait for the Tri-Band iPhone 6 Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Problem with an ipod is that I use my phone and music with apps for exercising, daily.

I need the GPS and phone capabilities since I do alot of running a long way from home at times.

Sent from me phone

I heard the governor of Texas declared "open season" on any 800 mhz device found in the wild...

Rick Perry misunderstood "800 MHz" as 800 Mexicans.

AJ

• Like 3

So you guys saying to avoid the 5s because of the lack of triband?

Damn I'm sick of google music. I want someway to play my huge itunes library. I'm still trying to talk myself into it.

The iPhone 5c/5s are both dual band phones, so you'll still get LTE 800/1900.  

One pretty cool feature that Apple has now is iTunes Match ($25/yr) which allows you access to your library from your iPhone without having to store all the songs on it.  if you have iTunes Match you can also use the new iTunes Radio feature without having to hear ads.

• Like 1

Just curious, do people still line up at Apple stores and ATT stores overnight just to buy the iPhone on launch day?  If so, anyone of you guys planning to get the iPhone 5S planning to line up tomorrow night or Friday morning?

I'm there tomorrow morning after I drop the kids off at school.

The iPhone 5c/5s are both dual band phones, so you'll still get LTE 800/1900.  

One pretty cool feature that Apple has now is iTunes Match ($25/yr) which allows you access to your library from your iPhone without having to store all the songs on it.  if you have iTunes Match you can also use the new iTunes Radio feature without having to hear ads.

iTunes Radio is great. And really, so is iTunes Match. I've got 5 devices accessing my media library via Match... great stuff.

• Like 1

iTunes Radio is great. And really, so is iTunes Match. I've got 5 devices accessing my media library via Match... great stuff.

Yeah it's really useful.  I like that I can use it with my Apple TV.

• Like 1

I'm there tomorrow morning after I drop the kids off at school.

Say hi to "mom and dad."

:P

AJ

Yeah, the IBEZ is the De800MHz Zone. No 800 MHz allowed. It will be shot on sight.

AJ

Lol I meant more if there was a shortage since some have reported very limited stock already. I wonder how sprint decides which stores get more and which get less. Is it geographical at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

How many times are you going to make that joke in this thread?

It is laughable that people -- especially "mom and dad" -- line up for a phone release.  So long as it is funny, I will post it.  Do you have a problem with that?

AJ

• Like 1

Lol I meant more if there was a shortage since some have reported very limited stock already. I wonder how sprint decides which stores get more and which get less. Is it geographical at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

They probably go by historic data to determine the stores that typically sell the highest volume.

Found this video posted on youtube on sept 1st 2013..

Guy in Tampa Bay Florida hits nearly 50 M/bits down on his iPhone 5 using Sprint LTE & you can see wifi is off..

I posted that same video on the NYC Market Thread , unacknowledged as always -_-

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1