Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

I have used both Colorado Springs WiMax protection sites before. They were operational back in July 2012 for certain.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you please stop arguing and call sprintor go to there website to check if SPRINT has 4G ( wimax or LTE) in Colorado springs.

As Robert stated, WiMax coverage is provided by Clearwire. I do not understand where the hostility is coming from as I am trying to point you in the right direction as indicated by the provided link. Most Wimax protection sites will not show up on any coverage maps on the Sprint Website at all, but you can find the coverage directly through clear/clearwires website.

Sprint doesn't have WiMAX anywhere in the country. Sprint uses Clearwire's WiMAX.

Sir I don't really care about names MY POINT IS and please for all you guys read MY POINT carefully before you are typing unprofessional reply

" if you have a SPRINT PHONE(COLORADO SPRINGS) support 4g ( wimax or LTE) you will NOT get any type of 4G connection (in your phone) not a usb or any other devices JUST PHONE"

As Robert stated, WiMax coverage is provided by Clearwire. I do not understand where the hostility is coming from as I am trying to point you in the right direction as indicated by the provided link. Most Wimax protection sites will not show up on any coverage maps on the Sprint Website at all, but you can find the coverage directly through clear/clearwires website.

And I was trying to talk about sprint phones and 4g coverage in colorado springs.

So Sensorly just made up all that coverage that follows the roads perfectly? And Robert is wrong. Sweet!

Running to the 200+ ft tower across the street since lightning is about to strike.

Sent from my little Note2

So Sensorly just made up all that coverage that follows the roads perfectly? And Robert is wrong. Sweet!

Running to the 200+ ft tower across the street since lightning is about to strike.

Yes something wrong .. mistakes happen

And I was trying to talk about sprint phones and 4g coverage in colorado springs.

Clearly we have a breakdown in communication here so I will leave it at that.

You may want to see

Exhibit A: Sprint LTE Coverage as provided by users of the Sensorly App http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

and

Exhibit B: Sprint WiMax Coverage as provided by users of the Sensorly App http://sensorly.com/map/WIMAX/US/USA/Sprint/wimax_310sprint

Clearly we have a breakdown in communication here so I will leave it at that.

You may want to see

Exhibit A: Sprint LTE Coverage as provided by users of the Sensorly App http://sensorly.com/...t/lte_310sprint

and

Exhibit B: Sprint WiMax Coverage as provided by users of the Sensorly App http://sensorly.com/...wimax_310sprint

YES I SAW THIS and its WRONG buddy .... lol you guys are funny

There is 100% confirmed Sprint wimax provided by Clear in Colorado Springs. This was also confirmed by the admin of this site.

Please stop trolling the forums. This conversation is done.

• Like 1

Im not sure why Wavelength is being so hostile...

Some members are historically problematic and are responded to as such...

AJ

• Like 1

lol ok .. my answer is I don't have time to become a sponsor. I'm in the Army and all my time is training ;)

All of your time is spent in training? Yet, somehow, you managed to carve out some time to come here and post a bunch of inaccurate crap today.

AJ

• Like 1

This last page is amusing.

coloradosprings, it is a fact that there is sprint-usable wimax 4G in that market. As I said previously, because its a protection site, the coverage is unreliable. Depending on how the winds blow, and how Clear is maintaining things, you might find yourself having to stand by the tower to get a usable signal (this was the case in Fresno for a few months).

The sensorly map shows what may have at one point be the true extent of the 4G. Today, it might be exactly the same, or reduced.

As others mentioned, if you throw in a few bucks, you can get a map showing the location of the tower, so you can find it, stand next to it, and run your own test.

• Like 3

I am pretty sure this is not the correct place for a feature request, I couldn't really find anything on the Sensorly site. (I will admit I also didn't look very hard if it is there.)

As my area just had two towers go live over that last few weeks with more to come, I thought it would be interesting to see what the coverage is on a tower by tower basis. This would of course require that the app send the BID in with the rest of the data. Does Sensorly log the BID for each data point?

What I am looking for would be kind of like the "area map" in the compare carriers section, but instead of it being the 50 acre square/rectangle it would be the signal strength map overlay of the current tower the phone is associated with. I would think you could access it via the coverage maps area and then an option on the right slide-out menu. (I guess you also might want a manual search option where the user would enter the operator, NID and BID.)

Does any of the above make sense?

It didn't record :(

Did the points upload on the details screen? Are you using an aftermarket Rom? Some devs change the carrier name so your points get uploaded wrong.

Did the points upload on the details screen? Are you using an aftermarket Rom? Some devs change the carrier name so your points get uploaded wrong.

That's fantastic. I'm using a rom yes. But It's not the first time, On stock rom. It wouldn't record anything till i went back and down the road 3x in two days.

I wish people wouldn't map when they aren't getting LTE. The gray makes the map look ugly. You'd think after 10-15 minutes of no LTE coverage it would stop letting you map. I'm sure others disagree and like seeing where people aren't getting coverage, but I'd prefer an option to toggle the gray from the map.

On the Website, I think you can just select a provider and get all their coverages, rather than a specific service. On the mobile device I can only select a single coverage map at a time.