Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Will LTE be wherever 3g already is essentially? Like if I currently get 3g inside my office can I expect LTE as well?

99.7% of sites will get 4G LTE. In the interactive maps forum, there is a thread with the 100 sites that will not be getting LTE.

• Like 1

Will LTE be wherever 3g already is essentially? Like if I currently get 3g inside my office can I expect LTE as well?

I'm hoping that building penetration improves with NV! Because in building coverage around charleston is almost 0!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why doesnt it update the map?

Sensorly has been "Slow" for quite awhile. It can easily take as long as 48 hours for it to completely update.

Sometimes it will show up on one "Zoom" level fairly quick and then over a day or two, other zoom levels start showing it.

Hi everyone, after much suffering and anguish (hardware issues, network issues, software issues, we had it all...), we're finally in the process of adding capacity to our cluster. We're working on adding 3 servers and the first one is almost completely up to date.

Because the servers were so loaded we actually had to stop updating the map for now, don't worry data is stored and will be replayed for updating the map.We should be back online and much faster on Monday. If it's still not fast enough, we're going to add 3 more servers.

On another note, we're going to start testing a Content Delivery Network which should speed up the tile loading in the apps too, at the expense of only updating every couple of hours. How soon after collecting data do you typically check the map ? Right now the updates are slow so it's probably hours right ? We may end up having two sources for the map : the CDN (fast but hours to show updates) and the database (slow(er) but shows updates within minutes).

• Like 6

To me if map updates happen on the closest zoom level withhn 3 or 4 hours that is cool. Then the others updating around 24 hours was fine as well. But of course we will always take faster :)

The only problem I had was with the tiles being slow to load at times. That was the only real negative I could speak of. Other than that we love Sensorly and many of us are addicted.

Keep up the great work and thanks for updating us.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 4

The only problem I had was with the tiles being slow to load at times. That was the only real negative I could speak of. Other than that we love Sensorly and many of us are addicted.

Yup, this upgrade is designed to take care of that too.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 4

To me if map updates happen on the closest zoom level withhn 3 or 4 hours that is cool. Then the others updating around 24 hours was fine as well. But of course we will always take faster :)

Agreed. Though it was nice to do some mapping on the way to work and then by the time that I got into the office (15 minutes or so after parking) and sat down I could already see my additions. Repeat for lunch and trip home. But seeing updates in 15/30 minutes are by no way a need.

My problem is that I am starting to run out of ways to work and around town that I (or others) haven't covered already. Thus seeing updates within 12 hours helps me see what new way I have to go.

Don't get me wrong as there is still areas to cover in town, but they are getting more and more out-of-the way for my in-town trips. But since there is only one local LTE tower active right now...I am working on filling in the 3G still. Once we have more LTE towers, I get to retrace my steps. :) And then when they fire up the NV 3G...will have to look at the weak coverage areas, and then 800 LTE.....oh, crap. I am going to need a new car. :D

May the 4th be with you!

• Like 3

Now if only the Gnex pollution issue could be eliminated as in banning that phone due to the funky chipset it has.

The only other minor thing I can think of is I wish the averaging code could be modified to some sort of calculation that would take the date into consideration and weight it appropriately. For instance an area could be mapped as 1 bar LTE then 3 months later a site is activated there. It takes many many passes to get the coverage up. If the date was in the calculation it would see that recently the points are coming in much higher for that block.

• Like 1

Speaking of being addicted. Can you make the app compatible with samsung multiview. Simple couple lines of code. That way I could run Sensorly and gmaps at the same time.

Here is the code.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/230886-make-any-app-work-multi-view-no-root-needed.html

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Now if only the Gnex pollution issue could be eliminated as in banning that phone due to the funky chipset it has.

I plan on getting to that next, just need to solve the performance issues first.

The only other minor thing I can think of is I wish the averaging code could be modified to some sort of calculation that would take the date into consideration and weight it appropriately. For instance an area could be mapped as 1 bar LTE then 3 months later a site is activated there. It takes many many passes to get the coverage up. If the date was in the calculation it would see that recently the points are coming in much higher for that block.

I've had an idea for this for a while but I haven't tested it yet. Also it would require redrawing everything I'm afraid and that would literaly take weeks for now... we'll see how much faster it could be with the new cluster.

• Like 2

Speaking of being addicted. Can you make the app compatible with samsung multiview. Simple couple lines of code. That way I could run Sensorly and gmaps at the same time.

Here is the code.

http://forums.androi...oot-needed.html

Ok, I've added it to the code but we're not ready to do a release. I don't think it will be until end of May or June. It would be helpful if you could sign up as a beta tester (email contact@se....lyDOTcom) so you get to test the feature before we release it.

• Like 4

I plan on getting to that next, just need to solve the performance issues first.

I've had an idea for this for a while but I haven't tested it yet. Also it would require redrawing everything I'm afraid and that would literaly take weeks for now... we'll see how much faster it could be with the new cluster.

Fully understand as being a Gis person and developer the delicate dance of doing this and implementing it would require a lot of testing and thought.

Thanks again for your support and attention to these details.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, after much suffering and anguish (hardware issues, network issues, software issues, we had it all...), we're finally in the process of adding capacity to our cluster. We're working on adding 3 servers and the first one is almost completely up to date.

Because the servers were so loaded we actually had to stop updating the map for now, don't worry data is stored and will be replayed for updating the map.We should be back online and much faster on Monday. If it's still not fast enough, we're going to add 3 more servers.

On another note, we're going to start testing a Content Delivery Network which should speed up the tile loading in the apps too, at the expense of only updating every couple of hours. How soon after collecting data do you typically check the map ? Right now the updates are slow so it's probably hours right ? We may end up having two sources for the map : the CDN (fast but hours to show updates) and the database (slow(er) but shows updates within minutes).

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why the mapping I uploaded 2 days ago was still not showing up.

Ok, so we've safely added 3 servers and wil now decommission 3 servers. I expect updates to resume tomorrow and the 3 day backlog to resorbe within a day or two.

Have the maps been loading faster for you since yesterday ?

• Like 5

Ok, so we've safely added 3 servers and wil now decommission 3 servers. I expect updates to resume tomorrow and the 3 day backlog to resorbe within a day or two.

Have the maps been loading faster for you since yesterday ?

Yes, the maps are loading faster than ever.

Ok, I've added it to the code but we're not ready to do a release. I don't think it will be until end of May or June. It would be helpful if you could sign up as a beta tester (email contact@se....lyDOTcom) so you get to test the feature before we release it.

Awesome thanks. This will be helpful during hunting. Any way to add landscape mode to the mapping screen. Would help when in the car dock.

Awesome thanks. This will be helpful during hunting. Any way to add landscape mode to the mapping screen. Would help when in the car dock.

Yep. Very helpful so you can see the map, point counters, and serving cell at the same time.

AMITE.png

• Like 2

It depends on how long it takes to process the 3 day backlog, my guess is yes.

Sweet so the things i mapped that are not on the list that i mapped wensday will be on soon and yesterdays as well?

Sweet so the things i mapped that are not on the list that i mapped wensday will be on soon and yesterdays as well?

That's right : nothing is lost, it's just sitting in a database waiting to be processed. A little more patience and we'll be done :)