Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

I've never seen mine map gray anywhere on the 4G LTE map.

The browser version of the Sensorly Evil Empire 4G map (OK, really AT&T) shows gray in fringe areas. Neither Sprint nor Verizon seems to have the same "feature".

I've been able to zoom in on my phone all the way down in 15 minutes and see the points. Looks like there is a backlog again. I used the Contact Us on the website to ask them, maybe send a PM on here too.

Sir I don't really care about names MY POINT IS and please for all you guys read MY POINT carefully before you are typing unprofessional reply

" if you have a SPRINT PHONE(COLORADO SPRINGS) support 4g ( wimax or LTE) you will NOT get any type of 4G connection (in your phone) not a usb or any other devices JUST PHONE"

I ate at Applebees' there on December 23rd. I had 4G the entire time i was eating.

• Like 2

I'm curious as to which phones map out no service areas. I've even shut off all radios on my EVO lte with Sensorly running and it flat out would not map points.

Perhaps custom ROMs?

Hey everyone, just a question. This is a stupid question, but too many pages to read, so I'll ask and hpoe someone can give me an answer. To use this app to try and find more 4G LTE locations for Sprint I just need to run the app, do a map trip, and start it. Does it update to sensorly automatically so long as I'm mapping a trip, or is there something I need to do?

My wife and I drove to get some ice cream tonight and I found 4G LTE on her phone for about a minute, then it was gone. The weird thing was that on the way back in the same area we got 4G LTE it didn't connect. Thursday night she is off work, so I told her I want to drive around and try to find some new LTE locations. Then this weekend we are going to Atlanta, GA, so on the way there I want to run sensorly on her phone while we are driving. I'm sure most of that area will be mapped out, but I still want to do it if it can help any.

• Like 1

Yep, hit Map Trip -> Start. Now be aware that you might not pick up LTE in some areas due to the phone being busy sending data up. The phone won't scan for LTE if it is busy using 3G data. Toggling airplane mode will force a rescan.

So run airplane mode on, then off to get accurate readings?

The area we got 4G is already on sensorly, but we never got 4G in that area before that we know of. I'm wondering if they are working on it. I know in that area we both get great 3G service, so it kinda doesn't surprise me that it is an area that is getting LTE. I can't wait to drive around and have sensorly on to see if it gets picked up anywhere else around here. There is a tower near the house that has a bunch of panels on it of different companies, but I don't know who they belong to. I want to say one of them is Nextel, so if it is, I'm hoping it'll get LTE because it's near the house.

This is a stupid question, but my phone is Wiimax, so would it be able to pick up Sprint LTE locations, or do I need to have my wife's Note 2 with me to pick those up? I know the Evo 3D doesn't support LTE, but I don't know if it can still read Sprint towers to show if it has LTE or not.

. . . my phone is Wiimax, so would it be able to pick up Sprint LTE locations, or do I need to have my wife's Note 2 with me to pick those up? I know the Evo 3D doesn't support LTE, but I don't know if it can still read Sprint towers to show if it has LTE or not.

LTE is, in every way, invisible to your Evo 3D. Your wife's Note 2 will work fine.

• Like 1

LTE is, in every way, invisible to your Evo 3D. Your wife's Note 2 will work fine.

Okay thanks. I kind of figured that, but I just wasn't sure if my 3D could still process information on whether a tower had LTE or not, if that makes any sense. I wish Sprint would say when their release date is for the S4, because that's what I'm getting, but I haven't read anything about it yet.

Thanks again!

Question for someone out there to answer. I have a deactivated GS3 and I thought I would try mapping with it just to see if it would work. We the funny thing is, it did work. After a out 5 minutes of mapping data would become active on the phone and I would start getting 4g points. When I got home it surly uploaded the data. So my question really is, is that right? Can I map with a deactivated phone? Does sprint see it running sensorly so the grant it service for this reason? Someone let me know what you think!

I have noticed that many carriers have a period of time where data will still work on lines that are no longer active, however once the system picks it up eventually and updates the profile it will lose that ability. Years ago it seemed that data was also the last thing to disappear on past due/temporarily suspended accounts but again would disconnect when the system identified and flagged the account.

Now.. Here is an issue. Why do you have such a great phone siting idle?

Put it to use and let the SignalCheck author borrow it for a bit so he can work his magic with the LTE serving cells and such.

Many of us can vouch for the guy and I would pony up the shipping costs to get it to him. It would be a great cause.

Sent from my little Note2

Question for someone out there to answer.

I don't have an answer, but I have an idea.....

I have a deactivated GS3 and I thought I would try mapping with it just to see if it would work. We the funny thing is, it did work. After a out 5 minutes of mapping data would become active on the phone and I would start getting 4g points.

So my idea is that Sensorly is only looking at the signal strength and other tower-to-phone meta-data (SID, NID, BID, etc). It doesn't really care if you account is active or not. Kind of like on wi-fi where a client can see the SSIDs on an access point(s), but can't connect if there is any encryption.

When I got home it surly uploaded the data.

Was the upload via the phone connecting to your home's wi-fi?

• Like 1