Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Having an issue with Sensorly. When i open up the map, it starts loading as if i'm in NYC. I press the locate button on the map, and then it drifts to the area i'm actually in. Using Samsung Note II. Behavior only started in the last 3-4 weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Behavior still continues. Any suggestions ?

Having an issue with Sensorly. When i open up the map' date=' it starts loading as if i'm in NYC. I press the locate button on the map, and then it drifts to the area i'm actually in. Using Samsung Note II. Behavior only started in the last 3-4 weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Behavior still continues. Any suggestions ?[/quote']

Sensorly has already acknowledged the bug, and they have already been working on patching it. The next release will fix the NYC issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Having an issue with Sensorly. When i open up the map, it starts loading as if i'm in NYC. I press the locate button on the map, and then it drifts to the area i'm actually in. Using Samsung Note II. Behavior only started in the last 3-4 weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Behavior still continues. Any suggestions ?

Same thing happens to me with the same device. I assumed it was normal since I just started actively using the program.

Edit: Just read MacinJosh's post. Glad they're fixing it. Not really a big deal since I can just hit the locate button.

Now Philly is at 10% completion. It was at 5% 3 months ago. What gives? Definitely not on a course for spring.

A few things...

1. The Philly Metro market extends out to Reading and the Lehigh Valley. So there are tons of sites outside the Philly area. So that's 5% of a lot of sites.

2. Only 70% of the market sites are in the Philly Area. And it doesn't take 100% of them for 100% coverage. More like 50% of them.

3. Hurricane Sandy caused a lot of issues that are preventing many sites from completing and passing inspection. So there is a huge backlog of sites that will likely come through pretty quickly when these get resolved.

Philly could still launch before the end of Spring, which is the 3rd week of June. Where we say Spring 2013, we don't mean the first day of Spring. We mean some time in Spring, date to be determined.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

A few things...

1. The Philly Metro market extends out to Reading and the Lehigh Valley. So there are tons of sites outside the Philly area. So that's 5% of a lot of sites.

2. Only 70% of the market sites are in the Philly Area. And it doesn't take 100% of them for 100% coverage. More like 50% of them.

3. Hurricane Sandy caused a lot of issues that are preventing many sites from completing and passing inspection. So there is a huge backlog of sites that will likely come through pretty quickly when these get resolved.

Philly could still launch before the end of Spring, which is the 3rd week of June. Where we say Spring 2013, we don't mean the first day of Spring. We mean some time in Spring, date to be determined.

I understand what you're saying, but 10% is 10%. It's only a 1/4 of the 40% that seems to be needed for launch. June seems a long long shot. As for the hurricane. That may pertain to New Jersey or Delaware, but Pa was fine from the storm. Sprint 3g is not very good. I'm trying to be patient, but Sprint makes it difficult. I do appreciate the info you provide. I need you to know that, but the info comes from a company that has problems. We haven't been waiting for 4g for a couple months, we've been waiting for a couple years. Wimax never worked right in the Philly market. Sorry to be whining

I understand what you're saying, but 10% is 10%. It's only a 1/4 of the 40% that seems to be needed for launch. June seems a long long shot. As for the hurricane. That may pertain to New Jersey or Delaware, but Pa was fine from the storm. Sprint 3g is not very good. I'm trying to be patient, but Sprint makes it difficult. I do appreciate the info you provide. I need you to know that, but the info comes from a company that has problems. We haven't been waiting for 4g for a couple months, we've been waiting for a couple years. Wimax never worked right in the Philly market. Sorry to be whining

It's OK to be concerned about the data we provide. Because a lot of the dates have slipped so far. Sprint started Philly 3-4 months late. And their production rate has been slower than most other markets. This is all true. We report what we know.

However, it appears that most of the obstacles in the Philly market have been removed and progress should start gaining momentum.

As for the hurricane. That may pertain to New Jersey or Delaware, but Pa was fine from the storm. Sprint 3g is not very good. I'm trying to be patient, but Sprint makes it difficult. I do appreciate the info you provide. I need you to know that, but the info comes from a company that has problems. We haven't been waiting for 4g for a couple months, we've been waiting for a couple years. Wimax never worked right in the Philly market. Sorry to be whining

This is just an assumption on my part, but I think it is very reasonable assumption... while SE PA obviously did not sustain the same kind of damage as our neighboring states, it is still very much a possibility that the hurricane affected progress in our market. I believe it very likely did. The extra crews needed for repairs in the damaged areas came from somewhere. If crews were moved to states with hurricane damage for repair work then their scheduled work is going to fall behind.

• Like 1

It's OK to be concerned about the data we provide. Because a lot of the dates have slipped so far. Sprint started Philly 3-4 months late. And their production rate has been slower than most other markets. This is all true. We report what we know.

However, it appears that most of the obstacles in the Philly market have been removed and progress should start gaining momentum.

Love the work you are doing. I know you are only providing info given to you. Keep up the good work. Message to Sprint: Finish the good work quicker

• Like 1

This is just an assumption on my part, but I think it is very reasonable assumption... while SE PA obviously did not sustain the same kind of damage as our neighboring states, it is still very much a possibility that the hurricane affected progress in our market. I believe it very likely did. The extra crews needed for repairs in the damaged areas came from somewhere. If crews were moved to states with hurricane damage for repair work then their scheduled work is going to fall behind.

I can agree with your assumptions, but even Robert said, they started late. They did the same thing with Wimax, so I guess I should have expected it. 10% in 5 months is slow. Robert thinks they will pick up the pace. I hope and believe it. January quickly is turning to June

This is not new information for everyone, but I thought it was an interesting chart.

http://www.pocketabl...out-delays.html

This is bit off topic from sensorly. But anyway, I'm getting a bit irritated by Pocketables. They used to be the site I would go to for EVO specific information. Now it seems to be primarily grumbling by people who are itching to drop Sprint/HTC/EVO. The data they used in this chart is right from S4GRU but it is presented ambiguously. The term "completion" seems to be conflated with "coverage" without clarification. We know that Sprint is mostly behind schedule, but when you look at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, it is apparent that tthey are not comletely behind schedule. If I'm not mistaken, the same S4GRU page from which Pocketables pulled the data for the above graph shows that there are lower tier markets that are ahead of schedule.

When new data is submitted to Sensorly, how long before it is on the main maps? I can zoom almost all the way in on the map to see the data I submitted, but zooming out at all it disappears.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

When new data is submitted to Sensorly, how long before it is on the main maps? I can zoom almost all the way in on the map to see the data I submitted, but zooming out at all it disappears.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

The other layers are rendered later. I am sure they take more time to average out the data as it takes many points to make up a pixel. Give it a day. Sometimes your cache gets you too and sometimes the Sensorly layer server is just bogged down and takes a while to show you.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Is there any way i can find out where all the towers are with sensorly? I would like to know the locations of the towers in my area.

You can make general guess using the "heat map," or tacking the strongest signals to to around the towers. But the only sure way is to become a sponsor which will grant you access to the maps which show the location of every Sprint site across the country.

LTE has popped up two blocks from my dads house in Winchester/Lexington MA. The completed site map doesnt show that tower being done yet, so I expect it will pop up this week.

Thats excellent news - his house has bad coverage (we have an airave) so I can eventually test to see if NV means we no longer need it. As of now, were both on wimax phones.

Yesterday I connected to 4G in an area of Miami which I had never connected to before and when I tried to map this on Sensorly using the "map trip", when I hit "start" it didnt collect any points etc. Thinking it may be im not getting a GPS lock I opened the Navigation app and tried to go somewhere and I got a GPS lock instantly so that wasn't it.

Does anyone know why this could of happened?

• 2 weeks later...

Today in West Menlo Park, CA where I have not seen ANY coverage at all in the past there is now some nice 20MB LTE. I'm going to do a little driving around Menlo Park and see what the borders of the coverage are. This area always had the updated CMDA first EP*** but I didn't think we'd get any real coverage here for a while.

• Like 1