halcyoncmdr

Current Sprint PRLs

This also happened to me for both my iPhone 5s & my sister's iPhone 5. Neither of them even scan for LTE anymore.

Yep, 606xx just sounds like an old legacy non LTE PRL to me. Maybe I should let Sprintcare know on Twitter? They will fix it!

Let's try this again but without the oops.

• Like 1

This also happened to me for both my iPhone 5s & my sister's iPhone 5. Neither of them even scan for LTE anymore.

I'm also on that PRL on my iPhone 5 and I'm not getting LTE anymore either. Must be like digiblur said and it's just a legacy non-LTE PRL.

Curious as to what's in 25017.

Yep, 606xx just sounds like an old legacy non LTE PRL to me. Maybe I should let Sprintcare know on Twitter? They will fix it!

Let's try this again but without the oops.

Please do! My EVO Shift was on 60651 until I activated it on Ting about 2 weeks ago, so 60657 is definitely a non LTE PRL.

Please do! My EVO Shift was on 60651 until I activated it on Ting about 2 weeks ago, so 60657 is definitely a non LTE PRL.

I will quote myself again... I would have a better chance at tweeting Obama to get the space shuttle flying again than I would with Sprintcare fixing an issue.

Their hands are tied to looking up NV forecasts and telling you how to do a PRL update to get better coverage.

Email Dan@sprint, works much better.

• Like 2

Now you guys got me thinking... LTE started working at work this afternoon. I was getting 2 megabit downloads instead of 1x speeds. Bet this had something to do with it.

60657 was from over 4 years ago. Checked my old PRL stash... Speechless.

edane6yr.jpg

• Like 3

Now you guys got me thinking... LTE started working at work this afternoon. I was getting 2 megabit downloads instead of 1x speeds. Bet this had something to do with it.

You should start peddling non-LTE PRLs to all of your friends and neighbors down there, soon enough you'll have the entire network to yourself! ;)

-Mike

• Like 6

60657 was from over 4 years ago. Checked my old PRL stash... Speechless.Posted Image

Anyway the prl was updated or someone just push the wrong one?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Anyway the prl was updated or someone just push the wrong one?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I think digi is hinting at the iPhone causing issues with Sprint's LTE network, so they're pushing out a non-LTE PRL? If it's from 4 years ago that means it's also pre SMR; maybe that has something to do with it?

So is 25017 out in wide release? Should I lgpst back to stock to pull the update?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

There has to be some sort of jackass reasoning to pushing a non-LTE prl to phones on their network, rendering thousands of devices "blocked" from accessing LTE. A balsy testing process for something? Or, the worst mistake they've ever made.

• Like 1

There has to be some sort of jackass reasoning to pushing a non-LTE prl to phones on their network, rendering thousands of devices "blocked" from accessing LTE. A balsy testing process for something? Or, the worst mistake they've ever made.

I've sent up a flare.... let's see what happens.  Will keep you posted!

• Like 6

Here is what I posted in one of the threads in the Apple/iPhone/iOS section:

I have tried to update today also, because it seems that 60657 also doesn't allow roaming, considering I'm at school where I always get 5 bars of Extended 1x/3G on my iPhone 5 but right now I am currently getting "No Service" and "Searching" constantly :td::wall:

Kind of frustrated that I can only receive iMessages and can't receive any texts do to having no roaming capability for what I assume is this prl's fault. Hopefully Sprint will get this fixed.

I look at it this way, there's finally a benefit to living in Cleveland - since we hardly have LTE or 800 anywhere in our market (near me anyway) I'm not missing out on anything sitting here on 60657. Hey, I just like the drama....there haven't been any major updates in my area so at least I have something to get excited about now!

I've logged an official ticket with Sprint. The customer service rep couldn't get her head around why Sprint would offer a 4 year old PRL for an update.

I suggest everybody do the same.

• Like 1

I've logged an official ticket with Sprint. The customer service rep couldn't get her head around why Sprint would offer a 4 year old PRL for an update.

I suggest everybody do the same.

Will do once I get home from school :tu:

• Like 1

I need a few screen shots of the PRL version showing 60657 from different devices please.

I need a few screen shots of the PRL version showing 60657 from different devices please.

post-23204-138686344885_thumb.jpg

Here's mine does this help?

iPhone 5S

• Like 1

My Nexus 5 was updated to 60657 when I was connected to a tower around Shawnee Mission PKWY and Metcalf in Kansas City. I was still connected to LTE. When I got home and read about LTE issues on this PRL, I updated again and it went to 55017. That would be when I was connected to a tower on 60th and Roe. Maybe this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you guys still have 60657 after hitting PRL update on your devices please call into sprint or send an email to dan@sprint.com explaining you received a 60657 PRL update version automatically on your device and now your LTE does not work anymore.  Be sure to include your name and Sprint phone number when sending that email so they can contact you. 

• Like 1

You all need to report this so they can understand the scope of this issue and that it is not just a few people affected! call email twitter get the word out this is a major issue!

• Like 1