Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

What type of market is this in?  Alcatel-Lucent?  Ericsson?  Was this before the MC2 update? 

The reason I ask is there are several people here along with several on XDA that had no issues with 800SMR on their Note2.  I for one would have basically had a unusable phone during trip to Vegas last month if it were not for 800SMR saving the day.  EVDO was dead, no LTE available, and 1X PCS was also flooded.  My wife's S3 was a paperweight.  I noticed EVDO was dead so I forced to 1X only on the 800SMR that was in testing on 22429 and my Note2 sprang back to life, texting worked, voice worked and best of all data worked.  Definitely kills the time to read/post on S4GRU while waiting in line instead of looking at the back of someones head! 

I believe Vegas is a Samsung market, I've also used it in Dallas which is a Ericsson market.  But this was also before I upgraded to MC2. There's some sort of denominator to figure out here and hope they do figure it out soon as I'm sure it has negatively impacted customers that have seen a loss of coverage since they had the 800SMR for quite a while, it also impacts their roaming revenue as it totally undoes the huge initiative behind network vision.  Sprint/Ericsson hasn't launched any 800SMR in the Baton Rouge area yet so I can't say if it will work on the MC2 update but I will keep my eye out for it and do a full line of testing. 

No fight at all.  I just dial ##DATA# and mash PRL Write... ;)

I do know some of the issues were on the East coast in Lucent territory. I have no proof if they all were or were not.

Just hope they figure out what the issue really is and find a fix other than restricting the Notes via PRL.

June 4th April 12th Type Version Description

21097    21096      LTE  IL-LTE

21096 was and now 21097 (both labeled Type = IL-LTE) is used for the WiMax GS2.  Why Sprint would list them as LTE when they're also using them to add BC10 to a WiMax phone?  

June 4th April 12th Type Version Description

21097    21096      LTE  IL-LTE

21096 was and now 21097 (both labeled Type = IL-LTE) is used for the WiMax GS2.  Why Sprint would list them as LTE when they're also using them to add BC10 to a WiMax phone?  

I removed some columns that were present in the original file as they were not particularly relevant. Every device is listed in Sprint's systems with each frequency it supports, and is classified by the combination of frequencies it can simultaneously transmit/receive on. This is why svLTE is listed separately from the LTE ones in the list. I'm assuming the GS2 happens to meet the exact same qualifications as the IL-LTE devices in regards to frequency support (WiMax does not rely on PRLs to function I think, could be wrong on that though). This is only a slightly-educated guess however. I do not have a GS2 handy to check against since they are going End Of Life.

The description category is only to get a general category they fall in, it is not a comprehensive listing of every different supported configuration.

• Like 1

As you know, digi, I too have the Note 2. I've gone back to your modified PRL after 2000 rolled out.

What type of market is this in?  Alcatel-Lucent?  Ericsson?  Was this before the MC2 update?

I'm in Michigan, a Samsung market. There was a time that several 3G clusters were brought up, many sites broadcasting 800 MHz, and the general consumer PRL release contained the 800 lines. During this time, we saw zero complaints of Note 2 owners coming in about voice and texting problems. I did not hear of this issue at all from any other technicians, neither from personal emails, nor on our dedicated email list.

I personally have been using 800 MHz ever since it was accepted on the site closest to my house, and it has been much more reliable than 1900 by far. I can actually send and receive texts in my basement, and call anywhere else in my house (where before that stuff was shaky even outside).

From what I know, it sounds to me a bit like it may be specific to certain vendors. After all, in places like Chicago, Note II owners have been able to use 800 MHz for some time now...

As you know, digi, I too have the Note 2. I've gone back to your modified PRL after 2000 rolled out.

I'm in Michigan, a Samsung market. There was a time that several 3G clusters were brought up, many sites broadcasting 800 MHz, and the general consumer PRL release contained the 800 lines. During this time, we saw zero complaints of Note 2 owners coming in about voice and texting problems. I did not hear of this issue at all from any other technicians, neither from personal emails, nor on our dedicated email list.

I personally have been using 800 MHz ever since it was accepted on the site closest to my house, and it has been much more reliable than 1900 by far. I can actually send and receive texts in my basement, and call anywhere else in my house (where before that stuff was shaky even outside).

From what I know, it sounds to me a bit like it may be specific to certain vendors. After all, in places like Chicago, Note II owners have been able to use 800 MHz for some time now...

Exactly what was I looking for..  so it isn't MC2 which I kind of figured as they could have easily pushed a baseband update to reverse any changes with MC2.  Sounds like this is an issue with Alcatel-Lucent areas and the Note2 on 800SMR, which would fit as I believe the only areas that previously had 800SMR active in the PRLs were Samsung and Ericsson markets and some were activated quite sometime ago and some were active even when the Note2 launched last year. 

Sounds like most of us are good, so bring on the 800SMR! 

Interesting tidbit from a west Michigan note 2 user...

I picked up 800/smr on my way to the campground. Every time I'm on smr and I make a call or send a text, I end up back on PCS/1900mhz. Then I stick on PCS for a few hours. Is there any way to watch what frequency you are in during a call?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Interesting tidbit from a west Michigan note 2 user...

I picked up 800/smr on my way to the campground. Every time I'm on smr and I make a call or send a text, I end up back on PCS/1900mhz. Then I stick on PCS for a few hours. Is there any way to watch what frequency you are in during a call?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LTE Engineering of the 1X connection.  I use it to watch handoffs from site to site.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people on this thread are talking as if they've had 800 smr for awhile... but from my understanding I thought that 800 sites couldn't and didn't go live until after iDen was shut down, i.e. July 1?

A lot of people on this thread are talking as if they've had 800 smr for awhile... but from my understanding I thought that 800 sites couldn't and didn't go live until after iDen was shut down, i.e. July 1?

I believe we started hearing people getting 800SMR in some areas 12 months ago or maybe even more.  They were able to make room on the 800SMR band in those areas for the CDMA 1x carrier.  It was 800SMR LTE that had to wait for iDen to shut down.

• Like 1

I believe we started hearing people getting 800SMR in some areas 12 months ago or maybe even more.  They were able to make room on the 800SMR band in those areas for the CDMA 1x carrier.  It was 800SMR LTE that had to wait for iDen to shut down.

Thanks, that had been confusing me for awhile.

• Like 2

Any info on the 7xxx PRL a few people reported seeing on the Note2's this weekend?  Looks like they rolled back to 2xxx as of today though.

I never saw anything about a 7xxx series of PRLs for the Note II.

The only 7xxx series I know of is for the Sprint As You Go devices.

I never saw anything about a 7xxx series of PRLs for the Note II.

The only 7xxx series I know of is for the Sprint As You Go devices.

Thanks they must have been testing something over the weekend and decided to roll it back. 

So is it normal for the PRL to have been 2000 ever since I got my Note 2 in April? Sprint Zone always says I need to update my PRL, even when I just did so. ##72768# doesnt change it from 2000 either.

So is it normal for the PRL to have been 2000 ever since I got my Note 2 in April? Sprint Zone always says I need to update my PRL, even when I just did so. ##72768# doesnt change it from 2000 either.

The Note II has its own temporary PRL (and it is shown as such in the Current PRLs spreadsheet with its own section) now because it has issues with 800MHz signals in some areas that no other device does, the 2000 series PRLs remove 800SMR support as Samsung and Sprint try and figure out why.

Sprint Zone always says to update the PRL, regardless which device or PRL you have. At least from my experience as a retail tech.

Is there any way to block a tower within the PRL? I'm literally directly in the middle of 2 towers at home, both having nearly the same signal strength.. I can sit in a stationary position and watch my phone bounce back and forth between towers.. They don't always hand off nicely and we drop calls.. No big deal now because I put an Airave in.. But when 800smr gets here I'de like to dump the Airave but don't want the 2 fighting for my service.

Is there any way to block a tower within the PRL? I'm literally directly in the middle of 2 towers at home, both having nearly the same signal strength.. I can sit in a stationary position and watch my phone bounce back and forth between towers.. They don't always hand off nicely and we drop calls.. No big deal now because I put an Airave in.. But when 800smr gets here I'de like to dump the Airave but don't want the 2 fighting for my service.

In a simple answer, no.  That's the very reason why you don't need a PRL update when new sites are built and brought online.  It's a list of wireless systems, not a list of towers.

• Like 1

6/28/2013 Update: 

As of this update in the stock PRLs (except for the 2xxx temp Note2 PRL) all of the 800SMR SIDs are included in the scans except for the following areas:........

Sorry to wake up on old post, but could you answer this question. Does this mean that there is no longer any advantage to using  the "testing" PRLs that were created to give access to 800SMR?  Will I have access to 800SMR on my GS3 using the latest stock PRL, 25015.  Thanks.

Sorry to wake up on old post, but could you answer this question. Does this mean that there is no longer any advantage to using  the "testing" PRLs that were created to give access to 800SMR?  Will I have access to 800SMR on my GS3 using the latest stock PRL, 25015.  Thanks.

Correct, except for the any sites that broadcasting the SIDs that are not in the PRL.  Such as the Utah 800SMR that is used around the US in some markets for testing sites.

Correct, except for the any sites that broadcasting the SIDs that are not in the PRL.  Such as the Utah 800SMR that is used around the US in some markets for testing sites.

So if I am in a market in the early stages of build-out like Colorado, could I possibly get more 800SMR by using the testing PRL?