Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Oh boy so I'm rooted but running stock what is my easiest and "safest" way to do this?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1880781

Every Sprint PRL

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone explain the difference between 54015 and 55015?

55015 is the Individual-Liable (consumer) PRL. 54015 is the Corporate-Liable(Business) PRL. The CL ones have 3G data roaming enabled, the IL ones are limited to 1x roaming in most areas.

If you are a business, you have preferential roaming agreements in addition to the rest of the CL benefits that Sprint has.

55015 is the Individual-Liable (consumer) PRL. 54015 is the Corporate-Liable(Business) PRL. The CL ones have 3G data roaming enabled, the IL ones are limited to 1x roaming in most areas.

If you are a business, you have preferential roaming agreements in addition to the rest of the CL benefits that Sprint has

Thanks.

I just recently picked up an iPhone 5 and got it jailbroken. I was curious if anybody has tried putting one of the other sprint prls (ex 56015) on their iPhone 5, and if so did you see much change?

Thanks

Does anyone know if Boost, Virgin, and all of those other Sprint mvno's update PRLs when Sprint proper updates their's?  I'd imagine of course Sprint subscribers would get priority on a loaded tower, but I'm curious if these mvno's will pick up the SMR band when it's available.

Does anyone know if Boost, Virgin, and all of those other Sprint mvno's update PRLs when Sprint proper updates their's?  I'd imagine of course Sprint subscribers would get priority on a loaded tower, but I'm curious if these mvno's will pick up the SMR band when it's available.

MVNO PRLs are managed by Sprint, they are listed in the Sprint PRL sheet along with the others.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's iphone 4s just updated and the new PRL is 60797 from 4397. The tower near by has just been upgraded to 3g NV.

I would suggest doing a ##update because the iPhone 4S does not conform to standard Sprint PRL structures and requires its own PRL series. Who knows what weird idiosyncracies you may experience on a "standard" PRL. The update will ensure your phone is provisioned properly and update the PRL as well.

I would suggest doing a ##update because the iPhone 4S does not conform to standard Sprint PRL structures and requires its own PRL series. Who knows what weird idiosyncracies you may experience on a "standard" PRL. The update will ensure your phone is provisioned properly and update the PRL as well.

I performed the ##UPDATE# on my wife's iPhone 4S as soon as I read this thread earlier this morning and it is now running on 60797, perhaps Apple cleared the 4S for use with the standard EVDO noBC10 PRL?

I updated my wife's phone with ##update# that is how I got the new PRL. I did the same to my daughter 4s and it also became 60797. I guess this is the new PRL for the 4S? I was having Multiple issues with the old PRL. My tower was just upgraded to NV and I was having Dropped calls, slow texts and weak data when i had always had very good service. As soon as i did the update everything went back to normal except for data speeds which more than doubled. Happy camper here.

Edited by frankt3

60797 contains NO access to 800. I am assuming your 4S is capable, but not with that PRL.....

No, guys.  This has been gone over dozens of times.   Thus far, only iPhone 5 supports band class 10 CDMA1X 800.

AJ

• Like 1

60797 contains NO access to 800. I am assuming your 4S is capable, but not with that PRL.....

No, guys.  This has been gone over dozens of times.   Thus far, only iPhone 5 supports band class 10 CDMA1X 800.

AJ

I'm not sure how this jumped to the 4S supporting 800 SMR, I don't think frankt3 nor myself was inferring that from the updated PRL, rather just the fact that the 4S is now utilizing a stock EVDO World Capable PRL (noBC10 mind you), rather than the 4S specific PRL.

I'm not sure how this jumped to the 4S supporting 800 SMR...

Read the post which I quoted, UPdownLoAD's post.  It clearly assumes that iPhone 4S supports CDMA1X 800.

AJ

Read the post which I quoted, UPdownLoAD's post.  It clearly assumes that iPhone 4S supports CDMA1X 800.

AJ

Right, I understand (I multi-quoted his post in my response); I wasn't questioning your response, rather I was questioning how we jumped to the assumption that we were assuming the 4S supported 800 while attempting to refocus the attention back to the fact that a standard EVDO PRL has been pushed back out to the 4S.  There never was a good explanation why the 4S had a special PRL to begin with, and frankly I never noticed a difference, and the phone seems to be functioning perfectly fine on 60797 so this really isn't a big deal.

I don't know crap about iphones, but I do know 60697 contains no access to 800.

About 2011, Sprint made a decision (starting with the EVO 3D if I recall) to have every phone from then on have the chipset to use 800. My Epic does not have 800, and one of the reasons I "upgraded" to a Kyocera Torque.

updated my wife Iphone 4 and it is also running 60797 PRL. 

Anyone else call a Iphone on sprint and the first call goes to voice mail immediately and then you call again and it rings til they answer?

24015.  Does anyone have any info on this prl?   

Edit:  Thanks to whomever it was that moved my post to this thread.  I did not know this thread even exsisted...  Also thanks for not getting rude about where it was originally posted, unlike a couple of people here on s4gru who seem to have no tolerance for any mistakes.

• Like 1

Was looking at the sponsor PRL to see if there is 800SMR in my area, but I'm on 55015. If it's based on 25015 would I be downgrading or is there not a significant difference other than the 800SMR sites?

**edit** Nevermind. Forgot I had the XDA post open in another tab. Looked at it and see that the difference is that the 55xxx PRLs are for world phones and the 25xxx PRLs are for...not world phones.

Was looking at the sponsor PRL to see if there is 800SMR in my area, but I'm on 55015. If it's based on 25015 would I be downgrading or is there not a significant difference other than the 800SMR sites?

**edit** Nevermind. Forgot I had the XDA post open in another tab. Looked at it and see that the difference is that the 55xxx PRLs are for world phones and the 25xxx PRLs are for...not world phones.

And that's another pet peeve of mine. Sprint shouldn't have separate PRLs for world phones...it is pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

My phone's current PRL is 21097.  SprintZone on my Epic 4G Touch says a PRL update is available to go to 21090.

What's the difference between these PRLs?

When the PRL version number goes down, is the update a new PRL or moving back to an old PRL?

My phone's current PRL is 21097.  SprintZone on my Epic 4G Touch says a PRL update is available to go to 21090.

What's the difference between these PRLs?

When the PRL version number goes down, is the update a new PRL or moving back to an old PRL?

From my experience, Sprint Zone almost always says there is a PRL update, even if there isn't. Incidentally, I've also seen some internal documentation that's been stuck at xxx90 series PRLs for a while, I wonder if the info SZ views pulls from those sources.