Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Going from a 5 to a 5s, I'm noticing that in the same exact areas I always travel to, my 5s is losing LTE easier, and taking a lot longer to return to LTE from 3G (sometimes needs an airplane toggle). Do we know anything about this new sprint iPhone 5s prl (20989)? I wonder if band 26 is listed. I'm pretty sure the priority order will be 1900-800. I'm wondering if the new prl is telling the phone, "connect to 1900 signal, then 800 when 1900 gets weak, if no 800, then 3G." Since 800 LTE hasn't launched in Chicago (although it should any day now) maybe that's why I'm holding 3G for so much longer. Just a thought.

I'm wondering if the new prl is telling the phone, "connect to 1900 signal, then 800 when 1900 gets weak, if no 800, then 3G." Since 800 LTE hasn't launched in Chicago (although it should any day now) maybe that's why I'm holding 3G for so much longer. Just a thought.

No.  That is either an RF performance difference between iPhone models, placebo effect, or some other variable.  PRLs affect CDMA1X/EV-DO acquisition.  They do not dictate LTE acquisition, as 3GPP does not use PRLs.

AJ

No. That is either an RF performance difference between iPhone models, placebo effect, or some other variable. PRLs affect CDMA1X/EV-DO acquisition. They do not dictate LTE acquisition, as 3GPP does not use PRLs.

AJ

So what will dictate connecting to smr LTE? Is it always being searched for, and just connects when it's available? Or is something pushed from sprint to devices.

We know the PRL versions based on the devices and account types already ;)  I have the new versions thanks to autoprime and I will be checking them out.

Once you and autoprime can extract a copy of 56016 please let us know if you find any differences between it and the other corporate world phone PRL, 54016. Thanks!

Once you and autoprime can extract a copy of 56016 please let us know if you find any differences between it and the other corporate world phone PRL, 54016. Thanks!

There really isn't a need since the major differences are already posted. Goes back to Sprint has twice as many PRLs than what they really need.

There really isn't a need since the major differences are already posted. Goes back to Sprint has twice as many PRLs than what they really need.

Where are they posted? The spreadsheet only says that 56xxx is for mobile broadband, whereas you and a few other places identify it as being for corporate.

digiblur is exactly right.  PRLs do not have the granular control that many people think they do.  Thus, a few different PRLs are all that are truly needed.  But Sprint has far too many.  And some of those ACQ indices could be sharpened up, no doubt.

As soon as I am finally named Spectrum Czar, I will appoint digiblur as PRL Commissioner.

AJ

• Like 3

Where are they posted? The spreadsheet only says that 56xxx is for mobile broadband, whereas you and a few other places identify it as being for corporate.

In this thread.

And there's your problem with too many PRLs again. 56xxx is sent to world phone LTE devices on Corp accounts. And by the way Sprint, GSM doesn't use PRLs so no need for the world phone garbage PRLs.

• Like 1

In this thread.

And there's your problem with too many PRLs again. 56xxx is sent to world phone LTE devices on Corp accounts. And by the way Sprint, GSM doesn't use PRLs so no need for the world phone garbage PRLs.

I read through the thread again and the closest thing I found was this post that explained how 55xxx was different from 56xxx, but not 54xxx. Forgive me if there was something else I missed. Given what you've said about them being redundant, I'll just assume there is absolutely no difference between the two series other than the second digit of the name.

How to extract?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I just checked the PRL version on my Note II (which has been stuck at 2000 for months) and was surprised to see it had updated!

To 2006... Is there any info about this new PRL? Does it finally fix 800MHz connectivity for the Note II? I'm thinking not since it's still 2xxx. But it's different than 2000?

I just updated the PRL spreadsheet from the official listing.

Release notes for xxx16/xxx98 series PRLs are...

The Roaming Light has been turned "ON" based on new contracts for Strategic Carriers in Alaska. Customers will continue to have access to the same services while roaming, including EVDO.

That's all it says officially.

The Galaxy Note II PRLs updated as well, seems like it's trying to follow the xxx16 naming structure now (2006 as they move to xxx16).

I'm also thinking of redoing the layout a bit with some new information as well to assist with understanding. Not sure when I'll get around to that, perhaps this week.

• Like 2

Ok, I updated the spreadsheet again today, and have dramatically adjusted it's layout with more information I found. Some of the formatting needs to be adjusted. I had to use IE8 to work on it, and Google Docs doesn't support it so I was fighting with the computer for an hour to make the adjustments I did manage to get done.

I'll go back through sometime at home and clean it up a bit, but all of the main information should be there now.

• Like 4

Ok, I updated the spreadsheet again today, and have dramatically adjusted it's layout with more information I found. Some of the formatting needs to be adjusted. I had to use IE8 to work on it, and Google Docs doesn't support it so I was fighting with the computer for an hour to make the adjustments I did manage to get done.

I'll go back through sometime at home and clean it up a bit, but all of the main information should be there now.

Looks good, but can you add a glossary of the acronyms? I'm not familiar with some of them.

Looks good, but can you add a glossary of the acronyms? I'm not familiar with some of them.

Yeah that was an unfortunate casualty with my redesign, can't quite decide how I want to add them back in, The hover comments I used the first time didn't work with IE8 that I was updating it in, and the entire thing was glitching so bad I went with the simplest UI while keeping the info.

I'll figure out how to add some sort of glossary back in again that fits the design.

Yeah that was an unfortunate casualty with my redesign, can't quite decide how I want to add them back in, The hover comments I used the first time didn't work with IE8 that I was updating it in, and the entire thing was glitching so bad I went with the simplest UI while keeping the info.

I'll figure out how to add some sort of glossary back in again that fits the design.

IE8?!? LOL!

The new sheet is great. Just add either another tab for glossary, or just add some lines at bottom. You don't have to have a Jony Ive approved sheet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would just add a "Glossary" tab that lets you give those types of definitions.  Thanks again.

Just updated to iOS 7.0.3. Sprint carrier went from 15.1 to 15.5 and prl went from 20989 to 51098

20989 is not a valid Sprint PRL. It could potentially be a default Apple PRL for HFA (Hands-Free Activation). I have not had a chance to see what the default Apple PRL is in iOS7.

20989 is not a valid Sprint PRL. It could potentially be a default Apple PRL for HFA (Hands-Free Activation). I have not had a chance to see what the default Apple PRL is in iOS7.

Sounds like the same issue I've heard in the past that the iPhone didn't auto upgrade off the non-roaming PRL that comes with it for HFA.  People would later say they couldn't roam then they updated the PRL and boom.

Sounds like the same issue I've heard in the past that the iPhone didn't auto upgrade off the non-roaming PRL that comes with it for HFA. People would later say they couldn't roam then they updated the PRL and boom.

20989 was not being replaced no matter what I did. I've had the phone 3 weeks and was doing ##update# every day. It wasn't until the iOS upgrade that it changed.

20989 was not being replaced no matter what I did. I've had the phone 3 weeks and was doing ##update# every day. It wasn't until the iOS upgrade that it changed.

##CLEAR# on iOS7 does the same thing as a ##SCRTN# on other Sprint devices. It wipes all of the device programming and forces the phone to go through the HFA process again. Quite often this fixes issues with data/updating/call issues/etc. when something get's messed up.

The device contacts the network again because it has no activation info, so the network sends it the default listing of what settings need to be (codec use, data settings for that specific device, etc.) and then prompts the device to do a PRL update after it is activated.

• Like 1

I'm new here.  I'm a noobie compared to you folks. I have a PRL question.  But I apologize, because my query has nothing to do with the present discussion.  Don't hesitate to send me elsewhere.  I will leave quietly.

Here goes: I rooted my Sprint S3 and flashed Cyanogenmod about 11 months ago.  Now, I have Android 4.2.2.  I've been using CyanogenMod 10.1.3-RC2 for about 6 weeks.  At some point after I started using 10.1.3-RC2, I took a screen shot of the S3"s status, showing that my PRL was Version 25013. 

Today, I have PRL Version 1.

Should I be concerned?  If so, what should I do?

Also, perhaps someone could say how this could have happened; I didn't do it (as far as I know).