Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I love the person who decided to put North St running east and west then a few streets south of it is North Blvd also running east and west. You don't know how many times people ask me on the street when I am walking around asking where north Blvd is and we are standing on north St.

come on in phoenix you have streets that change names... are blocked by a mountain and on the other side of the mountain continues on... cactus road can be turn into thunderbird... but thunderbird never turns into cactus...  the same highway is 4 different names...  its wonderful living here lol 

• Like 1

come on in phoenix you have streets that change names... are blocked by a mountain and on the other side of the mountain continues on... cactus road can be turn into thunderbird... but thunderbird never turns into cactus... the same highway is 4 different names... its wonderful living here lol

I would be right at home except your streets are straight and don't have bayous to follow. Only hills we have are the man made ones around the rivers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the person who decided to put North St running east and west then a few streets south of it is North Blvd also running east and west. You don't know how many times people ask me on the street when I am walking around asking where north Blvd is and we are standing on north St.

Boston has several incarnations of Washington Street, none of which are near each other. I-93 South is the same as I-95 North for awhile, and vice versa. But don't call it I-95 anyway, because it's really 128. Sort of. Street names almost always change when crossing into another town, regardless of how major the roadway is. I could go on for pages and pages.. :)

-Mike

Boston has several incarnations of Washington Street, none of which are near each other. I-93 South is the same as I-95 North for awhile, and vice versa. But don't call it I-95 anyway, because it's really 128. Sort of. Street names almost always change when crossing into another town, regardless of how major the roadway is. I could go on for pages and pages.. :)

-Mike

Can we spin this off in to its own thread?

Around here, M-50 is called "Alden Nash Ave SE"... which turns in to "Segwun Ave SE", which turns in to "North Hudson St Se" (suddenly it's a street, not an avenue, and it's "north southeast"). And then turns in to "Lincoln Lake Ave". Which goes for 20 miles until it hits the actual Lincoln Lake. Inexplicably, there is another "Alden Nash Ave SE", to the northwest of the other "southeast" one. And if you go the other way down M-50, it becomes 92nd St SE turns in to Thompson Rd turns in to Nash Highway turns in to West Tupper Lake Rd turns in to Laurel Dr turns in to Jordan Lake St turns in to M-50 (yes, it's called just M-50 there) turns in to Velte Rd turns in to Brown Rd turns in to West Grand Ledge Highway turns in to M-43 (but still West Grand Ledge Highway). Yup.

Around here, Exit 52 on I-96 East is labelled "Lowell, Charlotte". Lowell is nearby. It's also the exit for Alto, Saranac, Belding, Hastings, Middleville... and yet Charlotte is a good hour to the east. You're better off connecting to another freeway entirely closer to Lansing, something like 60 miles away, in order to get there. It really makes no sense.

• Like 1

Can we spin this off in to its own thread?

Around here, M-50 is called "Alden Nash Ave SE"... which turns in to "Segwun Ave SE", which turns in to "North Hudson St Se" (suddenly it's a street, not an avenue, and it's "north southeast"). And then turns in to "Lincoln Lake Ave". Which goes for 20 miles until it hits the actual Lincoln Lake. Inexplicably, there is another "Alden Nash Ave SE", to the northwest of the other "southeast" one. And if you go the other way down M-50, it becomes 92nd St SE turns in to Thompson Rd turns in to Nash Highway turns in to West Tupper Lake Rd turns in to Laurel Dr turns in to Jordan Lake St turns in to M-50 (yes, it's called just M-50 there) turns in to Velte Rd turns in to Brown Rd turns in to West Grand Ledge Highway turns in to M-43 (but still West Grand Ledge Highway). Yup.

Around here, Exit 52 on I-96 East is labelled "Lowell, Charlotte". Lowell is nearby. It's also the exit for Alto, Saranac, Belding, Hastings, Middleville... and yet Charlotte is a good hour to the east. You're better off connecting to another freeway entirely closer to Lansing, something like 60 miles away, in order to get there. It really makes no sense.

I sencond the spinoff - this is a great topic...

Ever tried to Navigate to a location and the app goes "rerouting... rerouting... rerouting... rerouting..." yea, is like that... :rofl:

WWSS - (What Would Siri Say) "I am sorry, I can not get my bearings" :rofl:

I sure would hate to be a first responder in this area...

@l3x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm new here and I was wondering if y'all know what market Jacksonville, NC belongs to? We all have Sprint phones in this household but they seem to have poor reception lately the last month or so. :( I'm not an expert but all our phones seem to jump to 1x a lot and I think it may be the tower upgrades. I may be wrong though since we also just updated the software on our phones. Either way, a network boost cannot come soon enough! :) I was just wondering if there were any updates on this area. We are 1 hour west of Wilmington and 2 hours south of Raleigh/Durham. Thanks in advance!! :)

Hi! I'm new here and I was wondering if y'all know what market Jacksonville, NC belongs to? We all have Sprint phones in this household but they seem to have poor reception lately the last month or so. :( I'm not an expert but all our phones seem to jump to 1x a lot and I think it may be the tower upgrades. I may be wrong though since we also just updated the software on our phones. Either way, a network boost cannot come soon enough! :) I was just wondering if there were any updates on this area. We are 1 hour west of Wilmington and 2 hours south of Raleigh/Durham. Thanks in advance!! :)

You are in the Myrtle Beach market.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2768-network-visionlte-myrtle-beach-market-myrtle-beach-wilmington-florence-jacksonville-nc-new-bern/

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to find information if you are curious about wireless.

As mentioned, in the MB market.. Tons of upgrades going on, and I am sure that is the blame... They are really going crazy with the 4G in your area right now. You should totally consider a donation and check out the maps.. There is at least one other person from Jacksonville lurking around in there... Otherwise, you can check out others work on Sensorly.com/map under sprint 4g (and possibly add to it if you have an LTE android phone)...

come on in phoenix you have streets that change names... are blocked by a mountain and on the other side of the mountain continues on... cactus road can be turn into thunderbird... but thunderbird never turns into cactus... the same highway is 4 different names... its wonderful living here lol

Aw man. This is so true. I work on Olive which turns to Dunlap. Live on Orabi which turns to Utopia. Crazy!

What about in Atlanta where the same road turns into different variations of "Peach" and "Tree?" Peachtree Industrial Blvd. turns into Peachtree Blvd. which turns into Peachtree St., or the other way around if you're headed north from Atlanta.

Washington DC is fun too the city is centered around a star in the basement of the Capitol building.. now granted it was planned that that was going to be George Washington's tomb but hes still buried at mount vernon but the street names bot named that way anyway  so there are four quadrants in dc nw ne sw se 

all numbered streets run north south all lettered east west and states are the diagonals.  the numbers of the houses are how many blocks from the capitol.. so 1600 pennsylvania ave nw(the white house) is 16 blocks north west of the capitol(well the star in the basement) but if you go to 1600 pennsylvania ave sw its barney circle down in front of the john phillip sousa bridge...  

there is a bunch of other crazy crap in dc lol which makes driving there nuts so do yourself a favor take the metro and dont try... 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

How did the Cleveland market go from no ETA on a launch and an estimated completion of late 2014 to an anticipated sprint 2014 launch and completion by June 2014?  Did they increase their activity in this area or something?  I still pass by plenty of towers with not even new antennas.

Washington DC is fun too the city is centered around a star in the basement of the Capitol building.. now granted it was planned that that was going to be George Washington's tomb but hes still buried at mount vernon but the street names bot named that way anyway  so there are four quadrants in dc nw ne sw se 

all numbered streets run north south all lettered east west and states are the diagonals.  the numbers of the houses are how many blocks from the capitol.. so 1600 pennsylvania ave nw(the white house) is 16 blocks north west of the capitol(well the star in the basement) but if you go to 1600 pennsylvania ave sw its barney circle down in front of the john phillip sousa bridge...  

there is a bunch of other crazy crap in dc lol which makes driving there nuts so do yourself a favor take the metro and dont try... 

Once you know the rules it's not bad getting around the city.  I miss DC... born & raised there and haven't been back in a while.

Does anybody know if the West Virginia section pertains to the very limited native Sprint coverage in the panhandle and in Parkersburg, or does it include the nTelos territory as well?

It is just the Sprint corporate West Virginia market.  It does not include nTelos areas at all.

Robert

• Like 1

Just wanted to update everyone on 4G in the Jamestown, NY area (in the Buffalo market).

4G was spotty, at best up until about a week ago, when both speed and signal strength went WAY up (so much so that I get better speed from 4G than from WiFi in my own apartment).  Some areas of Lakewood (just to the west) are also 4G, but the network there is acting the way downtown did through much of last month, so I expect it to be up and running full-time by mid-January.  Areas to the east and south of the city, however, remain stubbornly 2G, with a few spots of 3G, as is a small gap between Jamestown and Lakewood on Fairmount Avenue.  As I haven't been very far north of downtown lately, I am unable to report about the area near and north of I-86.

If you take a look at the map at Sensorly, you'll see a nice blob of purple.  Probably 90% of that is from my phone.

I'll keep everyone advised as the network expands.

• Like 1

I really wish there was a way to determine if my area Petaluma, Ca 94954 is done with network vision and this is as good as it's going to get or if I will see substantial improvements in the (hopefully very) near future. We have some LTE and if and when it connects I get around 5mbps but ANY 3G is nothing above .5kbps. Sprint keeps telling me end of the year work will be done in my area and here it is and still crap. I have an HTC one. I have hopes that LTE800 will fix things but who knows when that will ever happen. 

I really wish there was a way to determine if my area Petaluma, Ca 94954 is done with network vision and this is as good as it's going to get or if I will see substantial improvements in the (hopefully very) near future. We have some LTE and if and when it connects I get around 5mbps but ANY 3G is nothing above .5kbps. Sprint keeps telling me end of the year work will be done in my area and here it is and still crap. I have an HTC one. I have hopes that LTE800 will fix things but who knows when that will ever happen. 

Compare the market map  and the interactive map with acceptances. Until every single site that is on the market map is on the acceptance map with a green pin (3g/800/4G) then Network Vision is not done. 

The town next to me is mostly green so I guess that's a thing. Hopefully it won't be to much longer. Is the horrid 3G service any indication that things are being worked on? Also is a green 800/3g/4g pin mean 800LTE as well? Any are there even any 800LTE sites working yet?

The town next to me is mostly green so I guess that's a thing. Hopefully it won't be to much longer. Is the horrid 3G service any indication that things are being worked on? Also is a green 800/3g/4g pin mean 800LTE as well? Any are there even any 800LTE sites working yet?

800 LTE are premier sponsor info and have started steady deployment in several markets. Horrid 3g service is usually typical of legacy equipment. 

I can connect to LTE and maybe a few minutes later it will drop, it only ever had a -110 -120 db signal to begin with and that can achieve 5-10mbps which is more than I need on a phone but when I lose it and 3G kicks in back to .2kbps. If I am getting LTE it shouldn't be legacy equipment right? Also 1900mhz LTE sucks indoors. Without becoming a premier sponsor is there any info or city deployment list of LTE800? My contract is up in april and I might jump ship if it's going to be a long time before better coverage and LTE800