Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

You can doubt it, but that's not what the date means.  It means that if the rate at which sites were accepted the past three weeks were maintained from here forward, then the last site in the market would be NV converted in September 2013.  The date is more about measuring the rate of production than it is about a date of completion.

Robert

That makes sense, and I knew it was a measure of something. I am glad u said it, now I know :)

• Like 1

It is the date that if the current production rate was maintained when the market will have its last site complete with Network Vision physical conversions.  Not that every technology will be accepted, just at least one accepted.

Robert

Thanks, the dates make much more sense now. I'll be disappointed if Sprint and Samsung can't finish off the last 2% (15 or 16 sites) over the next 5 weeks. That would only be about 3 sites a week, and I assume they have at least 3 crews still working in the area. There won't be any site conversions that need to be done since I don't believe there were more than a couple GMOs in the market to begin with. Backhaul is a whole different matter, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been almost a year since I have checked in on this site and I still haven't seen an LTE signal while traveling across Oregon and Washington.  Sprint must be working on something locally, because our data has been down for most of August.  Can I get an update on when Sprint plans to turn on LTE for Hermiston and Pendleton Oregon?

As long as the LTE signal cuts through the trees better than wimax, I am happy to wait.  *2 just told me that the new date to hope for is September 20th.

How's your normal Sprint signal? That's a decent rule of thumb on LTE signal.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what, Sprint lied!

First they said that all of Oregon will get LTE in 2013. Then they said that Pendleton would get LTE by the end of August and that was the reason for all the data outages. I called on August 31st and was told that the tower upgrade would be complete by September 20th. Slow/No data all weekend so I just called and was told that Sprint never had any plans for LTE in Pendleton, and that they DID upgrade the downtown tower but didn't bother to add LTE while they were working up there. Super pissed about being lied to.

Guess what, Sprint lied!

First they said that all of Oregon will get LTE in 2013. Then they said that Pendleton would get LTE by the end of August and that was the reason for all the data outages. I called on August 31st and was told that the tower upgrade would be complete by September 20th. Slow/No data all weekend so I just called and was told that Sprint never had any plans for LTE in Pendleton, and that they DID upgrade the downtown tower but didn't bother to add LTE while they were working up there. Super pissed about being lied to.

At least 5 Sprint sites in and around Pendleton, OR, are scheduled for Sprint NV Phase 1 updates, including 1900 LTE and 800 LTE. People with more knowledge of your local situation may know about projected dates, but over 39,000 Sprint sites will have complete upgrades by mid-2014.This information is readily available in the Sponsor section of this forum.  You do not say whom you called.  The fact is, most Sprint store reps, affiliate store reps, and customer service agents simply do not have access to Sprint's planning data. They don't deliberately lie, but they often simply don't know A few of them participate in this forum, and are exceptionally knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

I don't rememer who I talked to earlier in the year, but August 31st was Jose at *2 and today was Russel at *2. Both placed me on hold for an extended lenght of time while checking with people who should know what is going on. If Sprint follows its usual timeline "complete upgrades by mid-2014" will become "by the end of next summer" which will then be "complete upgrades by mid-2015" again.

The thing that really burns me is that the techs were up there working on the downtown tower ALL SUMMER and they didn't bother to add LTE.  There is plenty of room on top of that building for a new cabinet.  And eventhough they "upgraded" it I still can't get more than 36Kbps from 3G.

I don't rememer who I talked to earlier in the year, but August 31st was Jose at *2 and today was Russel at *2. Both placed me on hold for an extended lenght of time while checking with people who should know what is going on. If Sprint follows its usual timeline "complete upgrades by mid-2014" will become "by the end of next summer" which will then be "complete upgrades by mid-2015" again.

The thing that really burns me is that the techs were up there working on the downtown tower ALL SUMMER and they didn't bother to add LTE.  There is plenty of room on top of that building for a new cabinet.  And eventhough they "upgraded" it I still can't get more than 36Kbps from 3G.

Hello Hip;

As was mentioned; most Sprint support reps have little to no knowledge of when things will happen. There is no way they can. There is no way ANY company can track progress at 38k+ sites down to the day.

All dates Sprint has provided have been AN estimate. Many factors can affect this estimate. Weather, permits, equipment, backhaul provider, OSHA, city/county/state governments and on and on. Thus far all sites near Pendleton (5 that are in the area) have been 3g upgraded. If you look at the deployment running list you will see:

Oregon/SW Washington

NV Sites Accepted = 62%

LTE Sites Accepted = 34%

LTE Launched = July 30, 2013 (Longview/Kelso launched 6/2013)

Original Scheduled Completion = September 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = February 2014

As you can see; 1/3 of sites have LTE sites that were accepted. Not sure if you have been reading the threads. At this moment Sprint is about 6 months behind in some markets. From the statement above your market is right on track to be behind as shown.

You say they were working on the tower all summer. There is no way to know they were there for Sprint or another carrier or who knows what. For all you know all the LTE equipment is in place and are just waiting for good old backhaul to get installed.

You also say there is plenty of room on top of that building. Maybe the building owner has not yet approving adding more stuff up there or maybe the building can not handle the additional weight.

Not sure what usual timeline you are referring to. Perhaps you are comparing this to the WiMax build out. If so; these are completely different animals. Clearwire was the owner of Wimax. Sprint had no control of them.

Good luck out there.

@l3x

• Like 2

The "usual timeline" is Sprint being about 6 months behind. 

That's better than Congress if you ask me   :rolleyes: . Even with Congress been behind on legislation... they still go on vacation...

I hear you Hip.

@l3x

Call Center Reps know nothing about what work is going on or the towers that are being worked on. They don't have access to the information. So don't count on them for information.. Instead, hit the donate link and donate to Robert and get access to the Sponser section.

• Like 2

For the first time I've got a 4g signal near Chico, Ca.  Just north of Chico on highway 99.  Hopefully this means they're beginning to roll out in the area.

you go a little farther north to south ave youll get more and if you go north of dairyville its all the way into red bluff

you go a little farther north to south ave youll get more and if you go north of dairyville its all the way into red bluff

Well as of today it looks like they turned on another tower.  I now get 4g all the way to Eaton and full bars near Garner

"Go a little further NORTH to SOUTH AVE"... man... that is one backwards town... just saying :rofl:

@l3x

"Go a little further NORTH to SOUTH AVE"... man... that is one backwards town... just saying :rofl:

@l3x

There's a street around here called "Cascade West Parkway Southeast". We have roads that change names 4 times as you keep going straight. We have a turn called the Michigan left, and they're all over the place. We have a freeway that bisects a city, and that freeway was never even supposed to be there, that connects to 3 other freeways. Things are weird around here.
  • Like 1

I love the person who decided to put North St running east and west then a few streets south of it is North Blvd also running east and west. You don't know how many times people ask me on the street when I am walking around asking where north Blvd is and we are standing on north St.

• Like 1