Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

It means that GMO sites are completing in the market and full build sites are beginning. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-340-sprint-deploys-special-ground-mount-option-network-vision-sites-in-some-low-capacity-and-high-engineering-locations/

The Sprint Rochester market is in Western New York. All other Rochesters are in other markets.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thank you so does the full build mean new back haul and panels. Sorry I'm just wondering and thanks for the reply

A full description of a GMO site and a full build site is in the article I linked in my response.

• Like 1

I also like the new format, but with one reservation: The old format offered an instant link (via "Sites Complete") to the NV Sites Complete map.  Robert, could you add that link within the new format?

Thanks for considering.

Done. :tu:

Robert

• Like 5

Any updates on the Buffalo market?  I'll be upgrading to a 4G LTE phone in July (HTC EVO, since I can't quite afford one of those beautiful aluminum HTC Ones...) and would love to know I'll be able to use it to its full extent here in Jamestown...

Unless you have pretty tight cell spacing I would stay away from the HTC EVO due to its poor RF characteristics.  Save yourself the pain and frustration.

i wish i knew this befor i got it too my wifes note 2 smokes my evo 4g its kind of sad i like the phone outer than that

Unless you have pretty tight cell spacing I would stay away from the HTC EVO due to its poor RF characteristics. Save yourself the pain and frustration.

i wish i knew this befor i got it too my wifes note 2 smokes my evo 4g its kind of sad i like the phone outer than that
its been a known fact since before the evo lte came out it had lte issues. On topic, looks like alot of sites recently accepted.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I will say this. Sprint needs to improve the network in downtown Nashville. With the CMT Music Festival in town and the crowd it brings, the newtwork could barely send a text message. I know it is still being worked but this is a perfect stress test of the network and it was disappointing.

I will say this. Sprint needs to improve the network in downtown Nashville. With the CMT Music Festival in town and the crowd it brings, the newtwork could barely send a text message. I know it is still being worked but this is a perfect stress test of the network and it was disappointing.

Same story when the parks are busy in Orlando or when there's a large convention

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

The same happens with all carriers in a place with a tens of thousands of people in one sector. I have Tmo and VZW and they are not immune from this either.

• Like 2

The same happens with all carriers in a place with a tens of thousands of people in one sector. I have Tmo and VZW and they are not immune from this either.

VZW and ATT (and even T-Mobile) seem to be much more willing to send COWs to big events. Here in Boston I have never seen a sprint COW, but I see the other carriers at the 4th of July, marathon, NYE, etc. Same story when I was in LA at the Rose Bowl -- everyone but Sprint. The other carriers also have wifi on all their COWs around here, and from what I've seen the data speeds are pretty good.

VZW and ATT (and even T-Mobile) seem to be much more willing to send COWs to big events. Here in Boston I have never seen a sprint COW, but I see the other carriers at the 4th of July, marathon, NYE, etc. Same story when I was in LA at the Rose Bowl -- everyone but Sprint. The other carriers also have wifi on all their COWs around here, and from what I've seen the data speeds are pretty good.

Sprint has 100's of COW's and deploys them all over the place. But no one gets to every event. I have Verizon, Sprint and Tmo and I have been to some events where Sprint was the only one that had usable data and text messages. Your mileage may vary.

umm, thats wrong... LOL i know for a fact there are a few cities 100% done. not markets, but cities ..

Definitely not long beach, ca or Lakewood.  in almost every city in the 45 miles surrounding Los Angeles LTE is only available in sparse spots.I'm guessing it's about 50 percent complete for a city that Sprint considers 100 percent deployed. If this is a sign of what 100 percent deployment is,this is very disappointing.

Edited by Pcguru2000

Definitely not long beach, ca or Lakewood.  in almost every city in the 45 miles surrounding Los Angeles LTE is only available in sparse spots.I'm guessing it's about 50 percent complete for a city that Sprint considers 100 percent deployed. If this is a sign of what 100 percent deployment is,this is very disappointing.

Only 39% of the LA Metro sites are complete with LTE so far:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=8030

And only 17% of Orange County:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/page-2&do=findComment&comment=145558

And 6% of Riverside/San Bernardino:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=145596

They are nowhere near 100% complete.  A lot more to go.

Robert

Only 39% of the LA Metro sites are complete with LTE so far:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=8030

And only 17% of Orange County:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/page-2&do=findComment&comment=145558

And 6% of Riverside/San Bernardino:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/?p=145596

They are nowhere near 100% complete.  A lot more to go.

Robert

--Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Wasn't these numbers posted a year ago? Has it been sitting at 39% complete for 15 months? Is this as good as it gets for us?

Wasn't these numbers posted a year ago? Has it been sitting at 39% complete for 15 months? Is this as good as it gets for us?

You are confusing numbers right now.  Robert has now split the running list into 2 different percentages of "Percentage of NV completed sites" and "Percentage of LTE completed sites".  The "percentage of NV completed sites" is the percentage of sites that have NV equipment installed on them.  The "percentage of LTE completed sites" is the percentage of NV completed sites that has LTE accepted on them.

In the LA Metro market, Alcatel Lucent is the vendor that Sprint has contracted to do the NV installation work.  Alcatel Lucent tends to keep their workers busy instead of waiting for fiber backhaul to arrive at each site so they tend to upgrade a lot of sites to NV equipment and hook it to legacy backhaul and accepted the 3G portion.  Then when the fiber backhaul is ready, Alcatel Lucent goes back to those sites and hook it up to fiber backhaul and accept LTE.

No, no and no.  <_<

Wow, just joined the forums to say...I am flabbergasted to see that Cincinnati will not be getting LTE until Q2 of 2014?! Are you serious? So much for the promise I got when I bought to EVO LTE that Cincinnati would be getting LTE "very soon" or that fact that Sprint swears they will have everyone covered in LTE by the end of 2013. Well, my contract is up in Q2 of 2014, so guess we'll see if I stay or not.

Wow, just joined the forums to say...I am flabbergasted to see that Cincinnati will not be getting LTE until Q2 of 2014?! Are you serious? So much for the promise I got when I bought to EVO LTE that Cincinnati would be getting LTE "very soon" or that fact that Sprint swears they will have everyone covered in LTE by the end of 2013. Well, my contract is up in Q2 of 2014, so guess we'll see if I stay or not.

When you got told it was coming very soon, you got fed a line by a commissioned salesperson who probably had no idea about the actual schedule. Sorry.  We'll do our best to make sure you have knowledge, not empty promises.

Also note, that date was the completion date, when it was supposed to hit 100% of all sites upgraded. Sprint is in active deployment across the country, upgrading as fast as they can, everywhere they can. I know that may not help if you're stuck on unusable legacy 3G, but it's coming.

But hey! Welcome to the site! I recommend becoming a Sponsor, as you get an incredible wealth of information.

Q2 of 2014 is the estimated completion date, not the on-air date. You will see LTE in places later this year, possibly even later this Summer. It will not be widespread at first, but will grow site by site every week. Sprint likely won't officially "Launch" the market until late this year or early next, but the launch date is more ceremonial than anything. As each site is completed, it is turned on, so coverage is no different after the launch than before the launch. 

Follow the Cincinnati thread in the forums for the latest info! We're starting to see work underway in the area, which means LTE is not all that far away. 

Would Sprint use copper backhaul by chance? Reason I ask is there is a antenna that looks like fresh copper that has been run within half a mile from the antenna location. I may just have never noticed the white and orange poles sticking from the ground but I drive this road once a week and just noticed it tonight.