Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I guess the texts were partially correct. I was in La Grande, Oregon 97850 last weekend when the 4G LTE arrows lit up on my Note 2. Nothing back home or in larger towns yet. You would think Sprint would upgrade the city with a higher population first, but La Grande does have a four year university. I guess Sprint is targeting younger users.

They're not upgrading in any particular order, just whatever sites they can get done first, they do. They are working in all places at once. Smaller towns and cities tend to have fewer sites, so they get done first. 

• Like 1

I guess the texts were partially correct. I was in La Grande, Oregon 97850 last weekend when the 4G LTE arrows lit up on my Note 2. Nothing back home or in larger towns yet. You would think Sprint would upgrade the city with a higher population first, but La Grande does have a four year university. I guess Sprint is targeting younger users.

A broken clock is right twice a day too. ;)

The texts went out nationwide, so it will appear correct everywhere it's true. But it will be devastatingly wrong in all the places it's not.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sign of life in San Jose !!

I work in an office tower in Technology Drive (just east of the SJ Airport) and for the past year or two I have been getting just enough 3G/4G signal to barely get data, often less than 1Mbps and often just not able to transmit.  My LTE signal was always less than RSRP -100dBm.

Well suddenly this week I noticed my 4G signal is solid.  I'm getting >10Mbps down all day and my signal is around RSRP -74dBm.    Something good is going on.

I'm on an Evo LTE which I guess is not the best LTE radio, but I am a happy camper with this.  

Now please extend it to Morgan Hill and Gilroy.  It looks like that's in the plan because it's showing up in rural spots and and along the highway nearby.

Edited by weirdroid

Is it safe to say that the majority of Sprint LTE sites will get 800 LTE, or B41?  800 LTE has better range correct, but slower speed?

Most Sprint sites will receive Band 26 LTE (LTE 800).  And Band 41 will go on nearly every WiMax site and nearly every Sprint site in the Top 100 markets.

Robert

Now when they say top 100 markets is that the whole market or just parts of it initialy. Like say w/ky market louisville probably get most sites but like bowling green a couple?

Is it safe to say that the majority of Sprint LTE sites will get 800 LTE, or B41?  800 LTE has better range correct, but slower speed?

A 5MHz Band 26 carrier has the same theoretical speed as a 5MHz Band 25 carrier.

Now when they say top 100 markets is that the whole market or just parts of it initialy. Like say w/ky market louisville probably get most sites but like bowling green a couple?

It can't be. Because Sprint only has 97 markets when you count that way. But we don't know exactly how Sprint will define the limits of the Top 100 cities.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

is sprint sitting on a bunch of completed sites in a lot of larger markets?

it seems hard to believe theyre going to have the upgrades completed in 2.5 months when its taken them this long to get to 75% in places like LA and New York and 56% in Cincinnati.

entire state of ohio seems like a mess and is lagging behind

• Like 1

is sprint sitting on a bunch of completed sites in a lot of larger markets?

it seems hard to believe theyre going to have the upgrades completed in 2.5 months when its taken them this long to get to 75% in places like LA and New York and 56% in Cincinnati.

entire state of ohio seems like a mess and is lagging behind

In certain markets, yes there are a lot of sites that are completed but not yet accepted. Mainly in Samsung's markets, but also in the Richmond market. 

This is because Samsung cannot accept sites until the entire cluster is ready due to incompatibility issues between the legacy and NV equipment. (See this article for more details on why that is)

So, cities like Denver, Seattle, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Minneapolis have many sites completed that have yet to be accepted and integrated into the new network. 

That being said, Sprint will not be completely done with upgrades in 2.5 months. They will be largely complete, but there are going to be straggling sites in (almost) all markets. This due to local politics (permits), difficulties with sites (engineering) and other problems. 

• Like 1

it will be interesting to see where they are in 2 months. theyve got to have abt 35,000 done now.

it does seem like I've seen a slow down in site acceptance in the last couple months. interesting to see if that continues due to the issues you listed.

it will be interesting to see where they are in 2 months. theyve got to have abt 35,000 done now.

it does seem like I've seen a slow down in site acceptance in the last couple months. interesting to see if that continues due to the issues you listed.

I watch them first hand. The number of daily updates has steadily gone up all year. We used to average about 50-80 a day around January 1. It was about 100 a day around the beginning of March. It has been around 120-130 the past few weeks.

We have hit 200-300 a day on a few days, but those were statistical outliers.

• Like 5

are you including the mass acceptance of cdma 800 in that? that might skew the numbers.

No.  In those days we have between 500-1000.  It just seems you only want to be negative.  Even when presented with positive facts.  Are you a troll?

Robert

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Robert

Thanks for the update to the running list totals, I think a small tweak is needed to the Northern WI LTE Sites Accepted %

"LTE Sites Accepted = 5861%"

Guessing 58.61%??

It's now 61%. I'll fix it later.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So what geographical area does Swiftel cover?

Specifically the I-29 Corridor from Brookings, South Dakota to Sioux City, Iowa including Sioux Falls. It doesn't go into North Dakota at all. It's basically just far Eastern South Dakota and the Sioux City, Iowa area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is great to see the details posted for each market. Are there also details regarding how many sites are in each market? Also, apologize if already noted, are all sites that are being upgraded also being installed with new dual band antennas for NV or are they reusing existing antennas at these sites?

Thanks!