Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Would Sprint use copper backhaul by chance? Reason I ask is there is a antenna that looks like fresh copper that has been run within half a mile from the antenna location. I may just have never noticed the white and orange poles sticking from the ground but I drive this road once a week and just noticed it tonight.

They use whatever conforms to their specs for the best value which could include copper based mediums like coax cable.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Which are?

Well everything looks to be consistently one year behind schedule.

So if your market is scheduled to be done by Q2, 2014. And its at 0% now......

The markets that actually have progress are already indicating they wont be done until fall 2014.

Well everything looks to be consistently one year behind schedule.

So if your market is scheduled to be done by Q2, 2014. And its at 0% now......

The markets that actually have progress are already indicating they wont be done until fall 2014.

I'll be totally honest with you. I don't like those "Estimated Completion Dates" especially since things are so influx and its hard to predict when a market is complete.  I think its actually better to either remove it or be realistic and push all completion dates 9-12 months back to what they currently are.  I honestly don't think Network Vision will be done until end of 2015 with LTE upgraded and not just the NV sites all upgraded.

This is another thing we have debated several times. I even wanted to remove the completion dates. However, most of our members wanted them to stay. So I've kept them.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

I love network vision these are 2 spots that used to have less than .50 Mbps now they are great and these are a decent peak times. I don't even need LTE if these speeds stay consistent (don't get me wrong cant wait for LTE, just to try it).

post-4101-0-47897200-1372078251_thumb.jpg

post-4101-0-26432400-1372078279_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

May not be the right thread but I have got a site that my phone connects to but doesnt show up on the NV Map. 2000 Lester Rd, Nesbit MS. I thought i was using the one of Starlanding rd. I bought SignalCheck Pro last night and once it showed me this tower i started doin g some digging and its not on the map. Maybe it is an old IDEN site that is shutting down soon or maybe the Starlanding Rd site is displaying the wrong address. Thanks for any help on this guys.

Chances are the app is displaying wrong location of tower as sprint offsets location in some markets ans you have to use a triangular approach to locate the tower (using each bsid broadcast location) from that one tower

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know what happened to the topic/thread regarding West Kentucky Market, Louisville, Evansville, and Bowling Green? I was following that one pretty religiously as I live in Louisville. Posted to it once, and now I think I may have killed it, LOL. Again, thanks for the info folks.

Anyone know what happened to the topic/thread regarding West Kentucky Market, Louisville, Evansville, and Bowling Green? I was following that one pretty religiously as I live in Louisville. Posted to it once, and now I think I may have killed it, LOL. Again, thanks for the info folks.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4120-network-visionlte-west-kentucky-market-louisville-evansville-bowling-green/

?

• Like 1

I bookmarked the page the first time, and somewhere along the way, the link stopped working. I got an error message along the lines of the topic not being found or something. Thank you lilotimz for posting the link.

I bookmarked the page the first time, and somewhere along the way, the link stopped working. I got an error message along the lines of the topic not being found or something. Thank you lilotimz for posting the link.

The name probably changed, though a quick search using that handy dandy search bar at the top would've brought it right up for ya.

We recently learned that Sprint launches a market when 60% of their POP's have LTE service.

• Like 5

We recently learned that Sprint launches a market when 60% of their POP's have LTE service.

I wonder if that is based on their incorrect LTE maps?  You know the ones that shows LTE coverage in voice roaming areas...;)

• Like 5

I wonder if that is based on their incorrect LTE maps?  You know the ones that shows LTE coverage in voice roaming areas... ;)

The Sprint marketing team has serious issues defining LTE coverage, that's for sure.

I wonder if that is based on their incorrect LTE maps? You know the ones that shows LTE coverage in voice roaming areas...;)

My brother found LTE service in a rural area that was previously roaming only (maybe the cell site was down for years).

My brother found LTE service in a rural area that was previously roaming only (maybe the cell site was down for years).

This isn't what we are talking about.  We're talking about the LTE data maps on Sprint.com where you toggle back and forth between voice/data and it shows all the sites to have more LTE coverage than voice coverage.  I usually go by the voice map to determine the actual LTE coverage.

I thought the quote from the Sprint rep was 40% of POPs.