Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

So let me get this straight... Sprint still hasn't finished even one city completely 100% since starting last summer?? So I'm assuming that "largely completed by the end of 2013" means that it will be maybe 50% complete in most markets? #OHCOMEON

So let me get this straight... Sprint still hasn't finished even one city completely 100% since starting last summer?? So I'm assuming that "largely completed by the end of 2013" means that it will be maybe 50% complete in most markets? #OHCOMEON

Did you know that neither Verizon, nor AT&T, nor T-Mobile have a market with 100% conversion to LTE yet? Oh, come on!!!

You aren't understanding the metrics here.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 10

I still think the old wimax system, where you had a voice bar AND an additional 4G bar was the best thing ever,

^this a hundred times

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be "running the numbers" for a Running List update sometime later today. I don't think I'll see a 100% complete market, but there are some markets that are ridiculously close. Which, remember, means LTE on EVERY site. Neither AT&T nor Verizon are doing that with their 700MHz network. Nor is T-Mobile, if you look at the size of a "market" in Sprint terms (including rural areas as well as urban).

• Like 2

Did you know that neither Verizon, nor AT&T, nor T-Mobile have a market with 100% conversion to LTE yet? Oh, come on!!!

You aren't understanding the metrics here.

Thanks for the info. Did not know.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert,

Just wondering how often the running list gets a total update, is there a set schedule or just whenever sprint makes enough progress to note.

We try to do it 2-3x per month.

Thanks for the info. Did not know.

As an example, T-Mobile launches markets for LTE when 70% of sites are upgraded (and they're upgraded at the same time that PCS HSPA+ radios are added). Their network is closest to Sprint's in that, nationwide, they have PCS-ish spacing and are doing a network overhaul on every site (in urban areas). But, again, the number is 70%, not 100%. And there's a distinct difference in coverage when every third site doesn't have a tech enabled.

Oh, and for refarmed PCS to launch in a market, the threshold was even lower, from what I understand.

On an unrelated side note, T-Mobile shares a few sites with Clearwire around here. Hence "PCS-ish" spacing rather than straight-up PCS spacing.

As an example, T-Mobile launches markets for LTE when 70% of sites are upgraded (and they're upgraded at the same time that PCS HSPA+ radios are added). Their network is closest to Sprint's in that, nationwide, they have PCS-ish spacing and are doing a network overhaul on every site (in urban areas). But, again, the number is 70%, not 100%. And there's a distinct difference in coverage when every third site doesn't have a tech enabled.

Oh, and for refarmed PCS to launch in a market, the threshold was even lower, from what I understand.

On an unrelated side note, T-Mobile shares a few sites with Clearwire around here. Hence "PCS-ish" spacing rather than straight-up PCS spacing.

Also, T-Mobile already has enhanced backhaul (i.e. Fiber or AAV) for their HSPA+ AWS network, they don't need to wait for that to be installed.

I like the new format of the NV Running list thread especially the extra entry about percentage of LTE sites accepted out of the percentage of NV sites accepted. 

Hopefully the remaining 2nd round markets get complete.

• Like 7

I like the new format of the NV Running list thread especially the extra entry about percentage of LTE sites accepted out of the percentage of NV sites accepted. 

Hopefully the remaining 2nd round markets get complete.

I also like the new format, but with one reservation: The old format offered an instant link (via "Sites Complete") to the NV Sites Complete map.  Robert, could you add that link within the new format?

Thanks for considering.

I'll be "running the numbers" for a Running List update sometime later today. I don't think I'll see a 100% complete market, but there are some markets that are ridiculously close. Which, remember, means LTE on EVERY site. Neither AT&T nor Verizon are doing that with their 700MHz network. Nor is T-Mobile, if you look at the size of a "market" in Sprint terms (including rural areas as well as urban).

Is Sprint planning to put LTE on every site?

Is Sprint planning to put LTE on every site?

Yes except for a hundred or so sites where they can't negotiate backhaul or other things for a reasonable price. They'll probably relocate these sites to somewhere more favorable or it'll just stay as is.

I also like the new format, but with one reservation: The old format offered an instant link (via "Sites Complete") to the NV Sites Complete map. Robert, could you add that link within the new format?

Thanks for considering.

I will add this to my To Do List. I didn't think anyone used that feature. Sorry that I removed it.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

I will add this to my To Do List. I didn't think anyone used that feature. Sorry that I removed it.

Thanks as always for your efforts! 

Off topic: How do you like Tapatalk 4? I kind of love it, personally.

I'm surprised they haven't announced the sf bay having LTE yet, I'm getting LTE over 70% of the time traveling around the bay

Remember that a "Launch" really is nothing substantial here. I do agree it helps with reputation as well as show competition with the big 2. I just don't hold much clout to launches.  We already know that acceptances are the key

• Like 1

What's does gmo complete/full builds beginning mean for VT/NH/ME. Also you have Rochester labeled as a market which state is that from. It's at 3% nv completion to help u find it???

It means that GMO sites are completing in the market and full build sites are beginning. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-340-sprint-deploys-special-ground-mount-option-network-vision-sites-in-some-low-capacity-and-high-engineering-locations/

The Sprint Rochester market is in Western New York. All other Rochesters are in other markets.

It means that GMO sites are completing in the market and full build sites are beginning. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-340-sprint-deploys-special-ground-mount-option-network-vision-sites-in-some-low-capacity-and-high-engineering-locations/

The Sprint Rochester market is in Western New York. All other Rochesters are in other markets.

Thank you so does the full build mean new back haul and panels. Sorry I'm just wondering and thanks for the reply

Thank you so does the full build mean new back haul and panels. Sorry I'm just wondering and thanks for the reply

Yes. Full build means new cabinets, panels/antennas and backhaul. This is a complete overhaul of the cell site.