T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Apparently a second PCS carrier deployment is under way in Cleveland now. So that means to date, Chicago, Shentel and Cleveland are receiving second carriers.

And now we see a pattern developing.  The second band 25 carrier correlates strongly with spectrum acquisition markets.

Cleveland was a 20 MHz (10 MHz FDD) PCS A-F block market.  But recall that Revol shut down, and Sprint acquired its PCS licenses.  So, Sprint has added 10 MHz (5 MHz FDD) and 6.4 MHz (3.2 MHz FDD) blocks to its portfolio, making Cleveland now a spectrum rich 36.4 MHz PCS A-F block market.

AJ

• Like 5

Any word on California or Nevada?

In a word, no.  If there is word, you need not ask.  We will report it.  But, so far, second band 25 carrier Sprint deployment is limited to spectrum acquisition markets.  California and Nevada do not qualify.

AJ

$25.67 today. 

Now TMUS and DT has to build because they're stuck... good luck with that, guys. 

PS - I'm happy for people like Neal who have advocated that DT stick around and build, but he's always been clear about what TMUS needed to do. 

$25.67 today. 

Now TMUS and DT has to build because they're stuck... good luck with that, guys. 

PS - I'm happy for people like Neal who have advocated that DT stick around and build, but he's always been clear about what TMUS needed to do. 

Wait, are you praising me or denigrating me? I can't quite tell...

$25.67 today. 

$25 will be a way station on the way lower. Part of it will be the stock market adjustment. It will go lower because Sprint will finally get their shit together. Barring any further market exuberance I am predicting it will settle around $17 before bouncing back to $20. Then we will have a republican administration and Sprint will try to absorb them again, but not before the 600MHz auction.

• Like 1

$25 will be a way station on the way lower. Part of it will be the stock market adjustment. It will go lower because Sprint will finally get their shit together. Barring any further market exuberance I am predicting it will settle around $17 before bouncing back to $20. Then we will have a republican administration and Sprint will try to absorb them again, but not before the 600MHz auction.

I wouldn't call it Sprint absorption. SoftBank has already shown their hand, which is very much a reverse merger.

I wouldn't call it Sprint absorption. SoftBank has already shown their hand, which is very much a reverse merger.

OK, but we if by that time Claure has straightened out Sprint, who knows :)

OK, but we if by that time Claure has straightened out Sprint, who knows :)

Won't network vision be a better framework once it is complete than the network tmo is building?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Won't network vision be a better framework once it is complete than the network tmo is building?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah. AFAIK Network Vision equipment/infrastructure is way more modular/easy to upgrade and inter-compatible/manageable than anything anyone else has done so far. It's also way more consistent across various areas.

Yeah. AFAIK Network Vision equipment/infrastructure is way more modular/easy to upgrade and inter-compatible/manageable than anything anyone else has done so far. It's also way more consistent across various areas.

Tmobile Nokia flexis and Ericsson RBS setups are nothing to scoff at.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Price targets for TMUS are up to $40, with a $37 consensus and 11 analysts rating the stock a strong buy. EPS consensus is 0.05.

It's normal for the stock to go down, especially as shorts kicked in the last few days and weeks. The NASDQ itself is down almost 9% from a month ago , TMUS is down 15% up today 1.50%, as is the NASDAQ. 

T-Mobile's network architecture is just as modular (if not more so). T-Mobile's architecture is also simpler than Sprint's, since it isn't trying to do crazy CDMA/LTE bridging that doesn't work out very well most of the time.

The consistency of both Sprint and T-Mobile's networks leave something to be desired. But they are both improving on that.

Price targets for TMUS are up to $40, with a $37 consensus and 11 analysts rating the stock a strong buy. EPS consensus is 0.05.

It's normal for the stock to go down, especially as shorts kicked in the last few days and weeks. The NASDQ itself is down almost 9% from a month ago , TMUS is down 15% up today 1.50%, as is the NASDAQ. 

That's in line with what I've heard from analysts who examined only the fundamentals of the business. The market is quite prone to volatility, so the value of the stock is not always reflected in the price of the stock. As the market calms down from M&A fever, we'll see more people focus on the business fundamentals and the share price of TMUS will rise. Almost certainly, the share price will spike up on the Q3 earnings report due at the end of the month.

• Like 1

To better elaborate this, Sprint will have a lot more lower end spectrum than T-Mobile (for in building penetration) and then Sprint has glorious amounts of Spectrum for future build out.

They own a lot more sub 1ghz spectrum nationwide but they do not have more spectrum than tmobile in areas where tmobile has acquired 700a(6x6 vs 7x7).

They own a lot more sub 1ghz spectrum nationwide but they do not have more spectrum than tmobile in areas where tmobile has acquired 700a(6x6 vs 7x7).

Isn't that backwards? The 700a is 6x6, which is all the sub 1Ghz spectrum that TMUS has, and in about half of the US they don't even have that. Sprint is actually in a better position outside of the IBEZ and the southeast if we are going by Robert's map. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5413-sprint-800mhz-spectrum-map-work-in-progress/

• Like 1

Isn't that backwards? The 700a is 6x6, which is all the sub 1Ghz spectrum that TMUS has, and in about half of the US they don't even have that. Sprint is actually in a better position outside of the IBEZ and the southeast if we are going by Robert's map. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5413-sprint-800mhz-spectrum-map-work-in-progress/

Aside from one market where they have Cellular 850 A block spectrum (12.5MHz FDD), this is correct. Sprint technically has more low-band spectrum in aggregate than T-Mobile does. T-Mobile's footprint in low-band spectrum is increasing all the time, but it isn't quite to the level of Sprint's yet.

• Like 3

Sprint is actually in a better position outside of the IBEZ and the southeast if we are going by Robert's map. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5413-sprint-800mhz-spectrum-map-work-in-progress/

And they are using 5MHz channels in the SE. They must have worked something out with SoLinc.

• Like 6

And they are using 5MHz channels in the SE. They must have worked something out with SoLinc.

Now that's an interesting development. Is that true for the Atlanta market? 

• Like 1