T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

You could check the DEBUG LTE engineering mode. It'll show you the Band and DL channel, unless your Android 5.0 build specifically disallows it.

Had to do some trickery to get the engineering screen since it is blocked on non-Sprint SIMs, but here it is

sRpiGd3.png

EARFCNs correspond to center frequencies of 1957.5MHz downlink and 1877.5 uplink.

Had to do some trickery to get the engineering screen since it is blocked on non-Sprint SIMs, but here it is

EARFCNs correspond to center frequencies of 1957.5MHz downlink and 1877.5 uplink.

Definitely a 5Mhz slice in Band 2. Thanks for posting this!

That is a very big screenshot for a 5 MHz FDD carrier.  Can we do better?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I'm pretty surprised that Tmobile has almost the whole ride from California to Las Vegas covered in 4g and the 5 from San Diego to SF. I'm not sure why sprint hasn't upgrades any of these areas yet. Aren't they all microwave and should be fast to upgrade?

That wasn't the case when I was in Vegas in early September and drove South on I-15 into California it was either Edge or GPRS. Majority of the drive I had absolutely no coverage.

That wasn't the case when I was in Vegas in early September and drove South on I-15 into California it was either Edge or GPRS. Majority of the drive I had absolutely no coverage.

Just going by what sensorly shows. Probably a lot of microwave so if you fire one up, the ones in the chain go up too.
  • Like 1

Just going by what sensorly shows. Probably a lot of microwave so if you fire one up, the ones in the chain go up too.

Very nice improvement to say the least. 

I was going to switch to tmobile today but I will hold off on it for a little. My younger brother has them and I did a speed test on his phone and he was only getting about 5 Mbps my sprint service was getting about 20. I guess the towers are being worked on or just a overloaded tower. I was expecting more due to having wideband lte in Columbus Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I was going to switch to tmobile today but I will hold off on it for a little. My younger brother has them and I did a speed test on his phone and he was only getting about 5 Mbps my sprint service was getting about 20. I guess the towers are being worked on or just a overloaded tower. I was expecting more due to having wideband lte in Columbus Ohio.

Why would you switch?

Honest question.

Why would you switch?

Honest question.

The hype.

I don't think he knows Columbus,Ohio has over 200 Band 41 sites in operation with more being activated and installed every day which has considerably improved data speeds in that area and many others so he got surprised that Sprint actually had decent speeds.  

• Like 7

Just because wideband is there, doesn't mean you're going to get it.

• Like 1

Calm down guys. I know how much b41 that is in Columbus. I was switching to see the hype and how it compares to my current service with Sprint. It's not like it was going to cost me anything due to I was going to use my brothers IPhone 5S so its not like I'm coming out of pocket for a phone. But my bother just told me that a tower was out in the area and it's been that way for 2 weeks and he's called 4 times and refuses to pay his bill because of it. So in my eyes that's not what I want. That tower is not a priority to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Calm down guys. I know how much b41 that is in Columbus. I was switching to see the hype and how it compares to my current service with Sprint. It's not like it was going to cost me anything due to I was going to use my brothers IPhone 5S so its not like I'm coming out of pocket for a phone. But my bother just told me that a tower was out in the area and it's been that way for 2 weeks and he's called 4 times and refuses to pay his bill because of it. So in my eyes that's not what I want. That tower is not a priority to them.

i slashes thought T-Mobile has great customer service....

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Has be gotten an engineering ticket opened?

Mind me asking how did you successfully get Engineering Mode to load on Android 5.0? 

I'm rooted, access granted, just wouldn't do it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Has be gotten an engineering ticket opened?

Yes. He had that opened when he first called about the issue.

But that's so mind boggling. Just for the hype? 

I just can't wrap my mind around it. If you're happy with something, why change for the sake of changing? I can understand if there are issues which drive that change, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm run a TMO sim with the $30 / prepaid plan in my N5 just to try out their service. Usually it's been in a fit of frustration with Sprint's slow LTE upgrades here in Arizona and wanted to see what life would be like on T-mobile.   

There is also the Tmobile test drive option. Might do that in 2015 if they improve rural LTE coverage. 

I'm run a TMO sim with the $30 / prepaid plan in my N5 just to try out their service. Usually it's been in a fit of frustration with Sprint's slow LTE upgrades here in Arizona and wanted to see what life would be like on T-mobile.

There is also the Tmobile test drive option. Might do that in 2015 if they improve rural LTE coverage.

From what I hear, phoenix is a great T-Mobile area (Spectrum wise) but I haven't tested it myself.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I just read on tmonews that the company is changing there credit standard with customers and people are really getting mad over it. Some have to wait a year or even 3 before they can get another eip. Tmobile is just looking out for themselves but like one comment said "this goes to show you that when T-Mobile gives and gives that when they make a change people get mad at the change." People are used to the carrier being one big party but forget that it's a business at the end of the day.

I just read on tmonews that the company is changing there credit standard with customers and people are really getting mad over it. Some have to wait a year or even 3 before they can get another eip. Tmobile is just looking out for themselves but like one comment said "this goes to show you that when T-Mobile gives and gives that when they make a change people get mad at the change." People are used to the carrier being one big party but forget that it's a business at the end of the day.

I saw someone say a few days ago that sprint is doing the same. A lot of people don't pay their bills and with the tax only down eip model it sets up companies to take a big hit from loser customers.

AT&T and Verizon both have looser credit requirements than T-Mobile at this point, because they will let you do Next/EDGE with a deposit more often than not. Sprint is also tightening up, but I'm not quite sure to what level yet.

I just read on tmonews that the company is changing there credit standard with customers and people are really getting mad over it. Some have to wait a year or even 3 before they can get another eip.

All of the po' people in the TmoNews comments section are up in arms -- because they now cannot afford to get their latest flagship smartphones.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

All of the po' people in the TmoNews comments section are up in arms -- because they now cannot afford to get their latest flagship smartphones.

:P

AJ

Reading those comments made me laugh. Tmo (and any other company) wants your business,  they aren't going to turn away money unless the odds are strongly in favor of it going south for them. We are taking about fairly small amounts of money,  not car loan or credit card type balances, and they are targeting just two particularly poor credit groups. It's also worth bearing in mind this is for luxury items (smart phones, tablets and watches etc) that could easily be replaced by a $50 smart phone. Nobodies kid is going to starve over this, you just got to take care of your credit if you want to use it. Nobody should be shocked that a poor credit rating would affect their ability to borrow. They even allow tenure to count which seems fair. Peeps just gotta have their iPhones :(

Signed a jaded ex debt collector.