Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Any iPhone 800 lte reports yet? Any apple stores in Montana? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

HAHA.  Good luck finding a LTE 800 tower broadcasting the signal. There isn't any LTE 800 towers built yet.

Just ported from USCC to Sprint My Way Plan here in Chicago earlier this week.

Selected the Moto X at corporate store.

Gave them my house street address where the claimed the data service was 4G LTE.

Out on the street in front of my house signal was LTE,

Speedtest showed 57 ms latency and 4mb/sec downloads.

Walked inoto the house: 1st floor, which is double masonary construction: 1 bar 3G signal,

120 ms latency, download speeds <300 kb/sec.

Now I walk upstairs where the construction is frame and voila: 4G signal just like outside the house

Now I know that the Moto X is 1900 mHz LTE only.

Will the launch of 800 mHz here in Chicago is there any chance the 1900 mHz signal will improve to allow 4G to penetrate the walls of the masonary part of the home?

Or am I better off swapping to a dual band device like the I-Phone 5S to catch the 800 mHz signal when it goes live?

Thanks to all in advance.

Your best bet is definitely to get a dual band device like the iPhone5 or tri band like the g2 or some of the other phones coming out this fall.  It really is the right thing to this close to these new devices coming out.

Your best bet is definitely to get a dual band device like the iPhone5 or tri band like the g2 or some of the other phones coming out this fall.  It really is the right thing to this close to these new devices coming out.

Is this normal here in Chicago?  If so why are they still pushing the 1900mHz single band devices? My sister got an HTC One in June. All she has been able to get at her house out in Barrington is mostly 3G.

And why is Sprint 3G so slow? Is the network capacity at its limit? With the USCC speeds were typically twice the Sprint speeds.

Are you guys sure the wrong location isn't being given? I've seen this happen

Yep, I know the PN's for my area. I didn't believe it myself at first too. So I drove to the site to verify. Same PN and same BID. 42 miles and it wasn't even a 33 degree beam width boomer site!

• Like 1

Is this normal here in Chicago?  If so why are they still pushing the 1900mHz single band devices? My sister got an HTC One in June. All she has been able to get at her house out in Barrington is mostly 3G.

And why is Sprint 3G so slow? Is the network capacity at its limit? With the USCC speeds were typically twice the Sprint speeds.

Most reps just push the most popular phones available and the only phones available that are high end and recent are the HTC One and SGS4. Tribands have yet to come out so a salesman can't really push potential subscribers towards phones that may come out in a month or two.

- Sprint 3G in Chicago has a spectrum issue (or lack of) that pulls down Sprint cellular performance. Last check, Sprint has only 20 mhz of PCS spectrum available to deploy until the USCC Network can go completely dark so Sprint can fire up additional 1x and EVDO 3g carriers.

In the meantime, Sprint is the carrier with the 2nd highest subs in the region (behind ATT) and with LTE and NV active for a year meaning lots of sites are now easing in to 50-70% LTE usage (this is where the advertised average 5-12 mbps speeds come into play). So Sprint can do nothing now other than encourage offloading to TD-LTE which has huge 20mhz carriers and LTE 800 which offers another 5mhz layer of capacity until the PCS spectrum from USCC is fully available for use. 

Most reps just push the most popular phones available and the only phones available that are high end and recent are the HTC One and SGS4. Tribands have yet to come out so a salesman can't really push potential subscribers towards phones that may come out in a month or two.

- Sprint 3G in Chicago has a spectrum issue (or lack of) that pulls down Sprint cellular performance. Last check, Sprint has only 20 mhz of PCS spectrum available to deploy until the USCC Network can go completely dark so Sprint can fire up additional 1x and EVDO 3g carriers.

In the meantime, Sprint is the carrier with the 2nd highest subs in the region (behind ATT) and with LTE and NV active for a year meaning lots of sites are now easing in to 50-70% LTE usage (this is where the advertised average 5-12 mbps speeds come into play). So Sprint can do nothing now other than encourage offloading to TD-LTE which has huge 20mhz carriers and LTE 800 which offers another 5mhz layer of capacity until the PCS spectrum from USCC is fully available for use. 

Sounds like I should get the I-Phone 5S and switch my plan to the $65/ mo Unlimited Plan with early upgrade in a year.

When they will have a more suitable selection of dual or tri-band handsets. Hopefully a Moto X so configured.

In general how do the Sprint I-phones compare to the Motos in terms of signal reception and voice clarity?

It takes new fiber provisioning for LTE 800?

It shouldn't if there's fiber already in place. It should just be a matter of changing settings or fiber cards on both sides of the link for the faster speed.

It takes new fiber provisioning for LTE 800?

Do the math.. 100/100 no longer works. Evdo at however many carriers the site has, LTE on two bands, 1x on two bands at the number of carriers, all multiplied by the number of sectors.

Do the math.. 100/100 no longer works. Evdo at however many carriers the site has, LTE on two bands, 1x on two bands at the number of carriers, all multiplied by the number of sectors.

Do they provision the fiber so that everything can be maxed out at the same time? There will not be more people on a site just because another LTE carrier goes live after the oh I have to go try speedtest.net there phase runs it's course.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Random : but I was told by my management team that the iPhone 5s and 5c will not support LTE on 800.

I'm awaiting conformation from the director of engineering (Shentel) to see if this is true.

Seems kind of odd to include it but not use it when I don't know of any other company using that band.

The peak theoretical speed on 800 LTE the same as on PCS LTE? I though I saw somewhere the 800 might be 3 MHz wide not 5 MHz

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Only in some areas.  Sprint is going to try to deploy a 5x5 LTE carrier in as many markets as it can. But at this point, I just want to see some LTE 800 launched.

• Like 1

I don't trust reps at all at this point.  I like to base things on facts and the the fact is that the iPhone 5S supports B26 LTE 800.  This is confirmed via Apple's website and through the FCC docs.  I don't see why there would be any reason to not have the iPhone 5S support LTE 800.